Turkey Research Centres (split from Update 3 Beta 3)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

adige
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Turkey Research Centres (split from Update 3 Beta 3)

Post by adige »

Why Turkey have not any research center?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Turkey Research Centres (split from Update 3 Beta 3)

Post by Balthagor »

I split your post, this has nothing to do with Update 3, they didn't have a research centre before.

Why should they get one? In 1950, 80% of the economy was agriculture and they were barely developing their mineral resources.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

So Iraq,İran or İsrail much better than Turkey in 1949?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, none of those countries should have a research centre.

Israel should not have an intelligence academy either. I'll make note to remove those.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Samilou
Captain

Post by Samilou »

Balthagor wrote:Actually, none of those countries should have a research centre.

Israel should not have an intelligence academy either. I'll make note to remove those.
Israel needs a lot of other things though to be able to perform as they did in our world. Even when played by a human it is extremely difficult to make Israel a functioning country due to absence of natural resources - unemployment rate goes down too fast. Perhaps you should script some serious US resource and financial aid to Israel, with extra bonuses of military equipment in wartime? Scripting the creation of Mossad, thus an intelligence academy would also be a good idea. I hope there is going to be some work put into French and British intervention in the Suez Crisis and the start and conclusion of other historical Arab-Israeli wars.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

While that all sounds nice, you've just massively increased the size of this task. I will start by removing those facilities and see what/if we do more.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Samilou wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Actually, none of those countries should have a research centre.

Israel needs a lot of other things though to be able to perform as they did in our world. Even when played by a human it is extremely difficult to make Israel a functioning country due to absence of natural resources - unemployment rate goes down too fast. Perhaps you should script some serious US resource and financial aid to Israel, with extra bonuses of military equipment in wartime? Scripting the creation of Mossad, thus an intelligence academy would also be a good idea. I hope there is going to be some work put into French and British intervention in the Suez Crisis and the start and conclusion of other historical Arab-Israeli wars.

This is an interesting point. Israel did not have a viable intel program until after the mid-1950s, or an organic military production system until after the 1967 war (some minor mods to existing equipment, such as the Sherman 105, but that is about it). The bulk of their gear was bought (or after 1967, given) from the US, UK and France. The US gave little to Israel until after 1967. I think auto-gifts from the US (by event) isn't the way to go. However, I can see auto-gifts from the UK and France by event.

Israel is supposed to be very hard to play--it was in real life. Having said that, there should be some way (such as very high diplomatic levels) to trigger $$ or equipment events with Israel. Equipment is only so useful--if you don't have a big population, 3000 tank battalions do you no good at all--got to have the dudes to go in them.
lordkevin
Private

Post by lordkevin »

Thanks for the nice post and happy new year...
black leather coat black leather coat
suede coats men suede coats men
mens motorcycle vest mens motorcycle vest
womens motorcycle vests womens motorcycle vests

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”