Update 3 Beta 3

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Beta 3

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote: Basically, it is the same patch, .73 was the later xp version... :wink:
I'll see how will saves behave now....
Please teach AI everything!
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Is it possible to install .72 over .73, so I can play without the flickering? I don't want to use windowed mode...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No, it won't go backwards. Just set windowed mode but use your maximum screen resolution. It will "look" full screen but the engine will handle it differently.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

PyongYang wrote:Is it possible to install .72 over .73, so I can play without the flickering? I don't want to use windowed mode...
I'll try to clarify the situation...
beta 3 update was released as 7.2.72 and this version didn't support WinXP so they released an XP friendly version that got number 7.2.73.

IF you are sure the flickering will not be present in .72 version than re-install the game and apply the .72 version.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

And again 2/3rds of my saves got corrupted... Game just CTD when I attempt to load corrupted saves....
TheUnspeakable
Sergeant

Post by TheUnspeakable »

Are you sure it's not just the loading crash I am encountering? Mine will crash the first 2 or 3 times I try to load it but load fine the next.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

corrupt saves will usually be a 1k file. A normal save should be ~ 6-9mb.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:corrupt saves will usually be a 1k file. A normal save should be ~ 6-9mb.
I believe he is talking of a different issue, the same I experienced on 7.22. The issue manifests it self as CTD (with "...encountered an error and needs to close" message) when trying to load a "normal" saved game (or autosave) and it would usually fail to load for 3-4 attempts and than it would load the saved game without problems on 5th attempt...I'm no longer experiencing that issue with 7.2.73....
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

hey Guys!Are there new developments?
ue3japan
Sergeant

Post by ue3japan »

Hello.
When is true update 3 released?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:
Balthagor wrote:corrupt saves will usually be a 1k file. A normal save should be ~ 6-9mb.
I believe he is talking of a different issue, the same I experienced on 7.22. The issue manifests it self as CTD (with "...encountered an error and needs to close" message) when trying to load a "normal" saved game (or autosave) and it would usually fail to load for 3-4 attempts and than it would load the saved game without problems on 5th attempt...I'm no longer experiencing that issue with 7.2.73....
That is correct. But it needs more than 3 reloads sometimes...
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Playing as Russia, Sandbox, latest version.

Noticed upon starting a new game that what I will call "startup units", do not display properly in totals later in the game.

For example, Agriculture. Start the game producing more then enough for the population, but # of plants in use/owned shows as "zero"

This in and of itself is no big deal, and i just ignored it, but now i am moving to fully nuclear (or better) power, and when i do this is usually start scrapping petrol power plants, (as that petrol is better used elsewhere.)

This is where the issue creeps in..as I wont be able to scrap past the "starting point"...
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

forumname wrote:Playing as Russia, Sandbox, latest version.

Noticed upon starting a new game that what I will call "startup units", do not display properly in totals later in the game.

For example, Agriculture. Start the game producing more then enough for the population, but # of plants in use/owned shows as "zero"

This in and of itself is no big deal, and i just ignored it, but now i am moving to fully nuclear (or better) power, and when i do this is usually start scrapping petrol power plants, (as that petrol is better used elsewhere.)

This is where the issue creeps in..as I wont be able to scrap past the "starting point"...
Are you talking about civilian/population production? This would be things like small-scale power generation, water supply, agriculture, without building dedicated facilities. If so, then this is WAD (works as designed.)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

forumname wrote:Playing as Russia, Sandbox...Agriculture... # of plants in use/owned shows as "zero".
That's because it is zero. At the start, all agri production is from terrain, not from facilities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

So, each citizen at startup is (infants included) is producing a ton per year of lumber, water, and agri..not to mention working full time at a plant, mine, or factory somewhere, IF they aren't in the military, with absolutely no machinery.

Roger that. Silly me for not realizing.

Back to scrapping petrol plants.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”