Update 3 Beta 3

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Beta 3

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:And why close defence usually have 5 km range, even if all other stats are 1km range??

I disagree that only a single person can recheck the database. 3 or 4 persons can do that. One can recheck the ground units, the other air units, third sea units and fourth missiles....
I didn't make it clear what I ment by it, I was talking of the necessity of single person within single class or group of classes as you mentioned (land, air, naval) not single person for whole 20 classes of units :lol: ...but you also need to keep in mind that you can't work on all groups simultaneously as that would increase the possibility of imbalances between groups.

As for the "5km close defence range", I have no idea what are you talking about...the only ranges I know of are ranges for land, air, sea and sub attacks... :-?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Does a release new beta now=
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

number47 wrote:To aviod creating even more problems, you need to start from the lowest tech tank (using tanks just for example) and go up. And all this has to be done...wait for it...by a single person! :lol: Why single person? Because, the most important thing when working with this kind of "statistical" data is consistency. And two persons bring two different "rating" perspectives even with strict set of rules. More than one person working on unit file was probably what caused the discrepancies in the first place but since this was a huge task (creation of all those units), it is quite understandable that they used more people. But I still firmly belive that rebalancing should be done by a single person since it is only "tweaking" of already existing units and it doesn't require the same scope of work (unit research, documentation, reference, which units to include, etc).
High time for BG to hire Ruges, then.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:
As for the "5km close defence range", I have no idea what are you talking about...the only ranges I know of are ranges for land, air, sea and sub attacks... :-?
It's a typo. I ment "close attack". [_]O
Please teach AI everything!
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Balthagor wrote:Update on the update...

The end seems to be in sight! The last bug fixes are in and being tested. George has been doing more AI work around the economic issues. The AI was made more capable of expanding its industries and the AI is now better at handling resource shortages and market changes.

Funny story about the small island colonies that had been "surrendering", they where surrendering because their population was zero. Their economic situation had become so dire that the entire population had emigrated to greener pastures. Oops :)

Parent regions will be supporting their colonies a bit more and migration has been tweaked.
Pardon my impatience sir, but I NEED IT, I NEED IT NOW! :lol:

Do you think it will be before new year? Really looking forwards to starting again, glitches patched, and kicking some commie ass/arse/posteria (delete according to region)...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's in final testing, just unsure how long that will take. We're almost there...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

will be ready when?
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

MertcanKs wrote:will be ready when?
Balthagor wrote:We're almost there...
This mean 2-3 week.
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Balthagor wrote:It's in final testing, just unsure how long that will take. We're almost there...
Next year around xmas time most likely! :P
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

There is no explanation :D :D
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

MertcanKs wrote:There is no explanation :D :D
I will save Balth a post, and repeat what he always says when asked for timelines:
It'll be done when its ready.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

If it's not ready by 26th I'm gonna drown a puppy. So think on, Battlegoat. You don't want that on your conscience do you?

LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

lol is everyone still trying to get them to release the actual 3 update? I only complain to BattleGoat when I'm on summer break (and Christmas break if need be :lol: ) , as I don't believe in wasting time.
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

I hope that as a Christmas present will update 3 :D :D
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »