Very disapointed

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Stavros
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Very disapointed

Post by Stavros »

I'd like to (if I may) add something positive for the new forum readers out there!

This game is exceptionally awesome, I would suggest playing through a few times to get used to it, but there is no other game like it. It is very rare to find a game of this depth and quality made by just a couple of people. The updates are sometimes far between but that just means that the devs are trying to do a good job, (along with their day to day lives, full time jobs and possibly family commitments!), and I'm sure these guys would appreciate some "me" time as well...i`m pretty sure they're human as well!

I personally have experienced some issues with the game, (spies not working, never ending wars), but I've never experienced this stacking bug everyone talks about. Also I don`t understand why people complain about the events not reflecting history, I think a part of this game is about making your own history. When the real leaders of the Cold War where in power, they didn't know what was going to happen! They had to react according to the circumstances as they turned out. Making the game too historically accurate makes it too easy, as you can prepare years in advance for anything if you know when and where it will happen.

Anyway, I`ll stop ranting.

My point is that this game is NOT (in my opinion) unplayable because of a few inaccuracies and minor bugs (apart from the spies issue), but even then I can play without spies as the other countries cannot use spies either so this balances it! But as the updates are rolled out, these issues will be solved! I think the game is intended to be a long term game that can be played over and over for long periods of time.

I say wait, don't judge until you see the final product and to the Dev`s...keep up the good work!
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

mrgenie wrote: Stacking bug has been taken care of splendidly!
The frustrating thing for me is, that due to the destack bug, I have never experienced any game after the mid 1950's (unless I go with lower volitility setting than High). And I've had the game since Steam release. I hardly ever play it because I know the destack bug will come again, so it put's me off entirely.

Come December it's 12 months since the steam release of 7.2.2. So that comes into perspective of just how long people like me have patiently waited to get the game to a playable state. I do not want to have to load up a save in multiplayer and randomly start wars just to clear some stacking bug's.

Imo these pre-patch patches should not be released if the main patch is so far away. It should be in house until the final tweaks are being made, then perhaps make a proper public beta. The patches were a public relations move to ease the pressure off Battlegoat from the baying crowd (see original update 3 thread).

I do support BG, and I don't mind waiting for patches, but so long to fix a potentially game breaking bug is not really acceptable.

/rant :wink:
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

I love this game and can't wait for the update to be released. Below is a list of positives and negatives that relate to my experience with the game:
  • even with the destack bug i've made it to the 196x if not passed that with high volatility.
  • even without the major issues such as the destack bug I find the game fun to play and i would also like to note that beta update 7-2-45 works pretty good minus the economic issues.
  • Can't play 7-2-59 as I seem to always get the unit clone issue almost as soon as I start the game.
  • Can't play multiplier with friends which sucks but I just play 2010 for that as 2010 doesn't have the desync issue.
  • You can update the steam game manually.
  • Russia always suicides most of it's military at the start with high volatility (REALLY ANNOYING)
To update the game manual to the beta patches do the following:
Antiscamp
Corporal

Post by Antiscamp »

Balthagor wrote:And the thread isn't "too" negative, it's just that if a new player comes to the forum for the first time, seeing a thread with this title isn't a good start.
That damage has already been done. The new players came when this game went "viral" in the first place. It was in the Steam front page rotator and whatnot. The new players actually came and went. What must have been more upsetting to the new players than a particular forum headline is the fact that it takes Battlegoat more than one year to produce a patch to get rid of the lag and make the game fully playable.

The new players have already uninstalled. What is left, are we who are still patient and still enthusiastic about the game and still see its potential. We are the ones who are vocal on the forums and even "negative" posts on different forums expresses an engagement in and interest and love for the game.

I hope Battlegoat learns from this situation and allocates resources for proper patching and after-release work the next time around.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Antiscamp wrote:
Balthagor wrote:And the thread isn't "too" negative, it's just that if a new player comes to the forum for the first time, seeing a thread with this title isn't a good start.
That damage has already been done. The new players came when this game went "viral" in the first place. It was in the Steam front page rotator and whatnot. The new players actually came and went. What must have been more upsetting to the new players than a particular forum headline is the fact that it takes Battlegoat more than one year to produce a patch to get rid of the lag and make the game fully playable.

The new players have already uninstalled. What is left, are we who are still patient and still enthusiastic about the game and still see its potential. We are the ones who are vocal on the forums and even "negative" posts on different forums expresses an engagement in and interest and love for the game.
Unfortunately many "new players" probably abandoned this excellent game due to lack of support. I know that this game is fully supported by BGs, but you have to understand when "new player" come, try to play game, bug(s) kill the game, goes to this forum and then finds out that there is no patch for a long time and nobody knows when it will come- well, you have to admit that thats not looking too good for "new players". We all love this game and are willing to wait the patch, but not all of players are such enthusiasts (or fanatics).
So, if you sometimes think we are negative - you are wrong. We are just trying to help you make game even better. People being negative have quit this game a long time ago....

So, lets now talk about selective unit trade :D
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Antiscamp wrote:...The new players came when this game went "viral" in the first place...
HAHAHAHA! If this game had ever gone "viral" I wouldn't be scanning the grocery flyers every week to see what's on sale.

Our support is top notch. I have full confidence making such a statement.

If we did 4 updates in 12 months it would be less content then 1 update in 12 months because time would be spent making installers, readmes testings updating from version to version, loading updates to steam, and starting/stopping development to freeze versions for sending out. We run our business as we believe works best to serve our customers while not killing the business and loosing our livelihood.

I'm satisfied this thread has run it's course and is now nothing but a distraction. Thread closed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”