Infinite needs of elecricity

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jack16
Captain
Human: Yes

Infinite needs of elecricity

Post by Jack16 »

Hi.

I am currently playing as Israel. I conquered Egypt and Jordan in 1951, after then my plan was to be self suficient in everything (not Uranium and Coal). As I could see, the electricity was something very important for my industry, and without the industry I could not build that much... So I have now been building a huge amount of Power Coal Facilities. But everytime I cross the line of where I produce more electricity than the needs requests it rises up again. Now in 1961 I have 214.000 electricity but the needs have risen up to 222.000. It seems that it is the consumers that all the time need more and more of electricity. For records; I have not conquered any other nations after Egypt and Jordan.

Will this ever take an end? Do I have to increase the production of electricity to much higher amounts?

I am growing tired of the production of so much of electricity facilities while I rather should have increased my military bases and other resources that I need.

Sorry if this have been posted before, but I just could not find any questions like this. Btw, love this game!

Regards
Jack16
Norsk
Corporal

Re: Infinite needs of elecricity

Post by Norsk »

i think if you raise the domestic price it should lower demand. are you building anything else?
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

I do build 2 oil fields, they are also rising just like the electricity. I will try to rise the price!
Norsk
Corporal

Post by Norsk »

beware though raising domestic price can effect your GDP/c i think
number47
General

Post by number47 »

GDP is the main "problem" here...the more it rises, the more rises people's demand for everything else :wink:
So, like everything else in life, it's all about balance. 8)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I was about to say the same thing. Demand rises with available cash; lower taxes and people will buy stuff, which in turn slowly raises prices, and so on.

Raise prices on Electric and demand will drop. Also, later techs will help production and reduce demand as well.
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

I did so and it worked! Thanks everyone :)

So far I have conquered Syria, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iraq. I am still invading Iran, I am at war against, Turkey, USSR, Pakistan, and almost all the NATO countries. A hell of a fight :D
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Jack16 wrote:I did so and it worked! Thanks everyone :)

So far I have conquered Syria, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iraq. I am still invading Iran, I am at war against, Turkey, USSR, Pakistan, and almost all the NATO countries. A hell of a fight :D
Yes this is a common problem with people who let the AI control resources.. the AI has no qualms about unmet demand so it doesn't mind keeping prices rock bottom and demand sky rocketing. (huge pain in my rear when trying to balance the economy in various mods)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”