Update 3 Testing 2(STILL not the actual update)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

TheUnspeakable
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Testing 2(STILL not the actual update)

Post by TheUnspeakable »

I've noticed something in this and the previous test update. Hex supply seems to fluctuate during the day. For example, the hex next to my capitol will start at 50% at midnight. Over the course of the day it will increase to 65%, then 83%, then finally 100%.

Is this WAI?
If so which number is used to calculate the production efficiency of the factories in the hex?

Definite kudos on this beta. We believe in you guys!
asierus
Sergeant

Post by asierus »

yes it was a new game with the update, i will try the save and reload thing.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

TheUnspeakable wrote:I've noticed something in this and the previous test update. Hex supply seems to fluctuate during the day. For example, the hex next to my capitol will start at 50% at midnight. Over the course of the day it will increase to 65%, then 83%, then finally 100%.

Is this WAI?
If so which number is used to calculate the production efficiency of the factories in the hex?

Yes, WAI.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
probyte
Lieutenant

Post by probyte »

I have trouble with Chinook Transport Helicopters, I cant click them either give them commands.
update: after save and load it worked...
Another issue I face which is not solved on this way.

Egypt decalre war to israel, I am in Mutual Devense and my troops are defending Israel.
Anyway 50% of israel was lost until my reinforcements arrived...
But by taking back the Military base from Israel, all Egypt lost the war... like I took the capital.
This is reproducable all the time.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

USA, Sandbox, No Diplo Shipping, VH Vol, Complete vic conditions, with units

So far (early 1952):

--Much better movement and pathing. Units tend not to get stuck
--Very improved AI. Example: USA DoW's China after China does it to S. Korea. USA begins standard Manuchria invasion route. I suddenly notice Chinese troops have taken Chechi-Do (Korean island s. of S Korea) and landed troops at Los Angeles. Fun. :)
--AI makes use of both Merchant ships and Amphibs to launch invasions
--North Vietnam actually won; took over S. Vietnam. France, however, launched counter-offensive from Cambodia (Laos was gone early) and took out N. Vietnam. I expect if China had not DoW'd S. Korea, and then the US got involved, that Chinese units would have shown up in force to support N. Vietnam
--Economy seems to be running smoothly, no major glitches/oddities. I bought up all the IG's at start (they were cheaper to buy than make). Once I bought up the global excess, the cost to buy was above the cost to produce--good job!

--still a few pathing issues (ships trying to go through Mexico instead of Panama Canal) but nothing really major yet
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

probyte wrote:I have trouble with Chinook Transport Helicopters, I cant click them either give them commands.

Egypt decalre war to israel, I am in Mutual Devense and my troops are defending Israel.
But by taking back the Military base from Israel, all Egypt lost the war... like I took the capital.
Anyone else confirm this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

so it's about 1957 now and I am noticing a LACK of units by every country. I do use the cheat nomove to get to around the late 50's but by then there were no units built. i also start the game with no units. i'm use to their being 100000's of troops all over the place by now.

are there suppose to be more units at this time period? i'll try a game with units at start as well
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

warhead wrote:...i also start the game with no units...
warhead wrote:...are there suppose to be more units at this time period?...
... :-?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

Balthagor wrote:
warhead wrote:...i also start the game with no units...
warhead wrote:...are there suppose to be more units at this time period?...
... :-?
i'm not talking about the beginning of the game. it's 1957 and countries hardly have any units. i've always started with no units because the game used to be ridiculously slow at the start and take forever to get out of the 50's. and before this patch every country would have 1000000000000's of units all over the place by this team even with no units.

i'm not saying this is a bad thing, just wondering if it's intended. some countries may need a little more.
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

I am palying with Turkey and year 1969.

China is not making any research but they have best economy in the world also have research centers.(maybe bug?)

USSR and Sweden went bankrupt. N viet. aneex Laos, Cambodia and S. viet. but in the and France annex N.viet.

Game speed is great. Also economy look percfect.

thx 8)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@adige - please zip and e-mail the savegame. I'll check what China is doing. Please reference ticket 16810 in your subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:@adige - please zip and e-mail the savegame. I'll check what China is doing. Please reference ticket 16810 in your subject line.
I checked it, they are working on Automated Assembly Lines which is not tradable. They are using 3/4 research slots. They could be spending a bit more I guess.

Thanks for the file.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
TheUnspeakable
Sergeant

Post by TheUnspeakable »

Balthagor wrote:
TheUnspeakable wrote:I've noticed something in this and the previous test update. Hex supply seems to fluctuate during the day. For example, the hex next to my capitol will start at 50% at midnight. Over the course of the day it will increase to 65%, then 83%, then finally 100%.

Is this WAI?

Yes, WAI.
Ok, WAI. Which one is used to calc the efficiency of the hex's improvements then?
First? Last? Average?
probyte
Lieutenant

Post by probyte »

Balthagor wrote:
probyte wrote:I have trouble with Chinook Transport Helicopters, I cant click them either give them commands.

Anyone else confirm this?

I can provide you the save, just run into PALMACHIN Military base and Egypt be took over by Israel
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

probyte wrote:I can provide you the save, just run into PALMACHIN Military base and Egypt be took over by Israel
Sure, please zip and e-mail it with ticket 16811 in the subject line. Thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”