Update 3 Testing (not the actual update)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Testing (not the actual update)

Post by number47 »

Is it just me or when you liberate your colony, they don't like you much after that (in general, after liberating a colony, a huge decay in relations occurs.)? Is this working as intended?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

number47 wrote:Is it just me or when you liberate your colony, they don't like you much after that (in general, after liberating a colony, a huge decay in relations occurs.)? Is this working as intended?
Already noted, forgot to mention in readme.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Since I've been saving every 10 days I have not had a crash. Also, I was doing more testing seeing if it was the research cheat that was making India research fast or not, and I don't think it was. I observed the game without the cheat, and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I typed in the cheat and nothing out of the ordinary happened either. I even gave several countries money to research, including India, and nothing happened. This may require more testing to see if it's a bug or just the cheat.
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

goulash wrote:Maybe already known but when clicking spy options as UK, crash to desktop. Will try and reproduce.

Started new game as uk again and it seems that when I try and select location for spy this crashes. Game sandbox = uk and complete victory conditions. Wasnt this bug present a long time?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Just tried UK, Complete, spies in Russia. No crash.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

OK
Balthagor wrote:Just tried UK, Complete, spies in Russia. No crash.
When I start the game, I unpause game and just click on the various options e.g. sabotage or espionage etc and then click on the send spy to place box. After a couple of times it always crashes for me. I am going to try another country and will report back but if noone is getting this after trying a couple of times, I may need to check my installation?

I presume there are no known issues when installing to win 7 prog (x86) directory rather than just the programs directory?
Lord_Draxnair
Warrant Officer

Post by Lord_Draxnair »

Crashed as Ussr in 1956 when clicking on warning icon in finance screen. Reads budget deficit..
ARE THOSE MY SLBM'S PARKED OFF YOUR COASTLINE??? ..... OH WELL, DEAL WITH IT!!!!!
Ракетные войска стратегического назначения <---- Strategic Rocket Forces
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@goulash - Okay. No, no known issues Win7 different directories

@Lord_Draxnair - Did you reload and try again? Did it crash again?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

It appears that whatever is causing the autosave crashes is negated by saving every 10 to 20 days. I don't know why, but for me it is.

On another note, I have still not seen anyone researching fast with or without the cheat, so it may have been a bug in my other test game as North Korea.
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

Balthagor the spy crash is when I select my own territory = doh

Just started a game and selected other countries as targets and no crashes but when selecting own territory I get crashes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

goulash wrote:...when selecting own territory I get crashes.
Confirmed, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Big Punisher wrote:It appears that whatever is causing the autosave crashes is negated by saving every 10 to 20 days. I don't know why, but for me it is.

On another note, I have still not seen anyone researching fast with or without the cheat, so it may have been a bug in my other test game as North Korea.

I will try this see if it works for me

Since posting earlier that auto save crashes seem better it turns out they ain't!
In a sandbox box game it starts off very good maybe a year an no crashes then after that they get worse and worse untill around 2years in both auto saves got corrupted and then I loaded the manual save and went to save after 4days and the corrupted to! Then I swore alot and took the dog for a walk!

Feeling a little better I did some more testing it does crash on the negotiate with country screen alot more than any other but not always and not just on there!

Will try 10day saves see if that helps any! Chris and idea why some have such a problem with this and others never have a issue and some only have it now and again? Surely it's got to be down to hardware somewhere along the line?

Big have you ever had a manual save corrupt on u?
I also notice ut happens more with the USA also more with uk as well!
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Also it's prob worth mentioning I have run the game forward about 4/5years without an autosave crash but u wasn't playing the game, only seems to happen when actively playing
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Please add an option at the start screen, or in game a button to set all "Theaters" and "Battle zones" to "no priority"

This is maybe the most important thing in the game to avoid units getting slaughtered by a dumb AI who doesn't understand you
don't drive with a car through the pacific!

I noticed this in all games, and in the current test game again. Thus obviously the devs haven't yet received my complain about it (although I see multiple posts about it here in the forums) or don't consider this a "important" issue. But it is!

Let me explain why, again:

I'm now running a test game with India.
I recaptured a colony which was stolen from me by Portugal.
This led to Portugal declaring war upon me.
At the same time, I'm fully allied with the USSR. All other USSR aligned nations are not allied or anything else with me.
With the default settings, the AI is starting to send units from me to the USSR, around Europe, and thus
every single merchant ship is shot down by default by the massive armies of EU forces.
The AI should know this.

And if the AI doesn't know this, at least let me set ALL theaters and battle zones to "None" by default and let me handle things manually.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mrgenie wrote:Please add an option at the start screen, or in game a button to set all "Theaters" and "Battle zones" to "no priority"

This is maybe the most important thing in the game to avoid units getting slaughtered by a dumb AI who doesn't understand you
don't drive with a car through the pacific!

I noticed this in all games, and in the current test game again. Thus obviously the devs haven't yet received my complain about it (although I see multiple posts about it here in the forums) or don't consider this a "important" issue. But it is!

Let me explain why, again:

I'm now running a test game with India.
I recaptured a colony which was stolen from me by Portugal.
This led to Portugal declaring war upon me.
At the same time, I'm fully allied with the USSR. All other USSR aligned nations are not allied or anything else with me.
With the default settings, the AI is starting to send units from me to the USSR, around Europe, and thus
every single merchant ship is shot down by default by the massive armies of EU forces.
The AI should know this.

And if the AI doesn't know this, at least let me set ALL theaters and battle zones to "None" by default and let me handle things manually.
You don't need to set all theatres to none to do it manually, just set your Minister initiative to none.. takes like 3 clicks..
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”