Update 3 Testing (not the actual update)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

asierus
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Testing (not the actual update)

Post by asierus »

playing as Venezuela in a fresh game using this beta, south Corea taken north korea with U.S help but then S.korea declared war on URSS and lots of ships from all countries came to help both sides and then they just get stuck without supply in north siberia (artic Ocean), i think this will take little time to be a stacking issue unless URSS or S.Korea declare peace or loose, (that will take lot of time because S.kore already taken a lot of URSS territory and URSS its defending with all its army lol)

there are more small groups of ships stuck in both sides outside the image too.

i have taken a pic :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

those in the pic are all without supply i think because i have waited 10 days and no move.

PD: After a year there is alot more of ships stuck around the world.

another little issue:

sometimes alot of my ground army and i suppose the AI ones too get stuck in Oil rigs, you know they go by boat and cant get out of them again.

and sorry if this is not the correct place for this.
Last edited by asierus on Sep 09 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yes, noticed the same. The AI is using the northern passage (north of USSR) a lot more now. Perhaps it might be a good idea to cut off or block that area (with ice, uninhabited land, etc.) to stop AI movement through.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

number47 wrote:
MK4 wrote:
Balthagor wrote: Some, but I fell behind on these. Feel free to go to those threads, see where I last posted "done up to here" and review what comes after and let me know what I've missed. I concise list like this would increase the chances of it getting another look :)
Could you post your latest ColdWar.OOF file so that we don`t have to download/install the whole test patch just to check the names of the settlements?
Your Romaninan towns correction suggestions are the last one that made it in the game...nothing after that is corrected :wink:
Thank you for checking!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@Big Punisher - okay, thanks. We'll keep working on that one.
makotech222 wrote:...i was going through days in a matter of a second or two before...
You must have been playing with "no units" to get speed like that. That option is still available.

@asierus, Aragos - the "stopped merchant marines" issue is already mentioned in the readme.
asierus wrote:...sometimes alot of my ground army and i suppose the AI ones too get stuck in Oil rigs...
Did you start a new game with 7.2.45 or is that an old save? That issue should have been resolved.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
asierus
Sergeant

Post by asierus »

it was a new game with 7.2.45 .
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

Balt, what about my cpu usage? anyway for the game to utilize more?
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

I did notice something minor, and I'm not sure if it's intended or not. I was supporting the government of China to help get them to send me a formal alliance request. This is something I normally do and it always eventually results in the country I'm supporting sending me a formal alliance request. Well, this time China didn't send me anything. Instead, a message came up in the U.N. section saying we declared an official alliance. I sent nothing to China and they sent nothing to me. When I checked the existing treaties between us it showed only China offering me a formal alliance, but not me offering them one. Everything on China's side was red like we already agreed, but everything on my side was white like I could still make an agreement.

I understand when supporting a government it says automatic formal alliance, and whenever I did that the country would always eventually send me a formal alliance, so I assumed that's what it meant. This is the first time this has happened, and I solved the issue by offering China all the treaties and asking for nothing in return.

Another thing I noticed is that inflation, supply and demand, and GDP seem to have no effect on domestic markup. Before if I marked something at 50% that would eventually get lower as inflation rose, GDP rose, and demand grew. So, I would have to raise the markup to not lose money, and keep demand stable. It could also be the other way around where I would have to lower a markup. Now I don't have to do anything. All of my markups are at 50% and they stay right in the middle of the bar, where before they would go higher or lower depending on other factors.
Last edited by Big Punisher on Sep 09 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

makotech222 wrote:Balt, what about my cpu usage? anyway for the game to utilize more?
That's George's department but I do know that there are lots of multi threaded elements however sometimes one thread is required to complete before the others can proceed (answer from A needed for formula B, etc). I think I can safely say "no".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Arctic ocean transport is one of the issues I want to resolve before we wrap update 3. Working on a few approaches to keep the AI from using it.

An idea I've been thinking about is, as suggested above, dis-allowing it by making it impassible (which is mostly, but not entirely, accurate)... but I've been hesitant to go down that road. By the 1940s the Northeastern passage route was used regularly, though not in huge numbers.

-- George.

PS - if you want an idea of what it looks like inside BattleGoat Studios during a features debate, here's an exclusive video clip ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU
number47
General

Post by number47 »

George Geczy wrote:PS - if you want an idea of what it looks like inside BattleGoat Studios during a features debate, here's an exclusive video clip ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU
Hahahahahahahahahaha and you said my pic was creepy? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

I'm running into something strange. India, and only India, seems to be researching things amazingly quick (2-4 days quick). I tried looking for a ton of research facilities, but I don't think they have that much (I didn't even find one, but I was doing a quick search). Again, this is only India, no other country as far as I can see is able to research things that fast.

On another note, I'm also seeing huge stacks of units that are not destacking. They're just moving back and forth. I don't know if that was supposed to be fixed or not if that's what the "destacking" bug is. I'm new here so I don't exactly know what the destacking bug is, but I'm thinking that might be it.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

George Geczy wrote:Arctic ocean transport is one of the issues I want to resolve before we wrap update 3. Working on a few approaches to keep the AI from using it.

An idea I've been thinking about is, as suggested above, dis-allowing it by making it impassible (which is mostly, but not entirely, accurate)... but I've been hesitant to go down that road. By the 1940s the Northeastern passage route was used regularly, though not in huge numbers.

-- George.

PS - if you want an idea of what it looks like inside BattleGoat Studios during a features debate, here's an exclusive video clip ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU
You could possibly expand the territorial waters so that only nations with sea transit rights could use the northwest passage. Blocking it would negate the use by boomers.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Col_Travis wrote:You could possibly expand the territorial waters so that only nations with sea transit rights could use the northwest passage. Blocking it would negate the use by boomers.
Yes, subs are also an important reason not to block it. The territorial expansion is an interesting idea, generally plays well with reality too, not sure why it wasn't on our list of possible solutions. But it is now.
Pioneer199@aol.com
Lieutenant

Post by Pioneer199@aol.com »

You could give subs the same ability as aircraft for when want to allow them to fly over enemy territory so that subs can be allowed to do it to without a treaty
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Pioneer199@aol.com wrote:You could give subs the same ability as aircraft for when want to allow them to fly over enemy territory so that subs can be allowed to do it to without a treaty
Enemy territory is entirely different that impassible territory. It's actually impassible.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”