Update 3 Testing (not the actual update)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

asierus
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Testing (not the actual update)

Post by asierus »

draaimolen wrote:If you're sure you're at 7.2.2 you could always do a full uninstall/reinstall/Update to 7.2.2 and see what happens then...

This seems to work too with steam versions, i got it:)

Thx George
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

well good news got it to work i noticed though that my game was sort of no longer installed for some reason it was no longer visible in the unistall list etc but i guess it had to do with the crash i had a week ago however i still could play the game ???

anyway off to testing ;)

back from a bit of testing before going to bed.

i noticed that when you order sea units to reserve they simply refuse to (they wont move an inch) i always lock out my ministers from anything so i can control my units etc on my own,

this odd thingy also happens to airplanes which the range is too big for them to fly to get back into reserve, for example the airplanes placed in japan wont move an inch when you order them to reserve either the pilots are deaf to their orders or they are just trolling me. thats all for now sry for the wall o text btw.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually we've seen that, should have added it to the known issues. They sometimes have problems with scrap orders as well. On our list for update 3.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

George Geczy wrote:
Draken wrote:Chris, the crashes I reported in 7.4.2 still happens in 7.4.5 (with the game started in .2)... They are associated with hex captures (no with the paradrops as I thought originally) and I just had one CTD when an allied merchant ship unloads in a recently captured port... I trying to find a pattern...
I am currently investigating this right now - it is not "debugger friendly" (ie, it doesn't crash in debugger, only in release builds). Current suspicion is that it is spy related though, especially spies that get recalled when their mission ends due to land capture.

Ah! Good point... I had spies doing recon close by! Of to try that...

ETA: Yup... If you conquer an enemy hex where you have a spy a CTD occurs....
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
openair
Lieutenant

Post by openair »

asierus wrote:
draaimolen wrote:If you're sure you're at 7.2.2 you could always do a full uninstall/reinstall/Update to 7.2.2 and see what happens then...

This seems to work too with steam versions, i got it:)
Can you describe, step by step, how you got this update to apply to a fresh steam install? I just reinstalled the game 2 days ago, and cannot apply this update.
asierus
Sergeant

Post by asierus »

reinstall supreme in steam and do the do the: "not update the game" thing in properties of the game then download update 7.2.1 and install it this will downgrade your game to that version ( i think) then put the 7.2.2 update and then that one.

it worked for me .
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Ya ya ya.

But why dose every game I wait for patches all releases them when I don't have access to down load them.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

well, i did a clean install
then the "update after install" did the 7.2.1
then i did the 7.2.2
then the 7.2.45

game won't start.. shortly for a few hundred ms I can see the icon in the taskbar, and then it's gone.. going to fast to see it in the taskmgr. any log file i can check to see what's going on?

NM, found it.. corrupted registry settings
I think I have to start to subversion my windows registry ;)
Last edited by mrgenie on Sep 08 2012, edited 1 time in total.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Noticed off the bat Mocconell (SP) AFB has some Ag buildings in a military hex... Not sure if bug, and its not terribly important.

So far, I like it. I've seen the AI flood Cyprus and then completely leave it...
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

im using the steam version and it says nothing to update. i tried deleting it from steam and reinstalling nothing.. lame. there were no box copies to buy in america so i hope im not gonna have to wait a long time for the patch
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

warhead wrote:im using the steam version and it says nothing to update. i tried deleting it from steam and reinstalling nothing.. lame. there were no box copies to buy in america so i hope im not gonna have to wait a long time for the patch
If you didn't read the OP, this isnt the patch anyway, its a current test version. The patch is still being worked on.

As to box copies, you could have ordered directly from paradox like i did. Or used a Digital service that doesn't alter the .exe of games.(which I also did cause I didnt wanna wait for shipping) :wink:

That being said, whenever the patch is finally actually released you can expect steam to be behind due to them needing to push the update through steam which takes longer and involves more working parts then just posting a link. (I hope for you that it isn't long after the actual release but there is no telling TBH)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

Still no battle groups list :-(
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I see the Intel HD 4000 graphics are still not supported? Is that correct?

ADD:

As I search online for related cq. similar errors, I start to tend it's not SR2020 related but there
seems to be some issues with the Intel HD 4000 and it's support by the BIOS of many motherboard
vendors.

So I think until further notice, this can be considered a non-SR2020 bug but a Intel HD 4000
related bug.. I saw Asus released already 4 more updates for my motherboard, which I last
checked the BIOS 6 weeks ago, so will try later the new BIOS to see if it goes away..
Last edited by mrgenie on Sep 08 2012, edited 1 time in total.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Is this test release supposed to have implemented corrections from "Map errata" and "Unit errata" threads or are those coming in Update 3? Just asking 'cause most of things mentioned in those threads is still incorrect. :-?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”