Questions

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Big Punisher
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Questions

Post by Big Punisher »

1. Is there an easier way to move foot infantry by air other than loading the units one at a time? My helicopters can only carry one, so I have to load them one at a time. The load unit command does nothing for both helicopter and infantry, neither does air transport (think that requires a.i. though, which I have locked out of all units). It appears that I cannot do a group load on a set of helicopters, which is annoying.

2. How can you tell how stealthy a unit is? I thought it might be profile, but I'm not sure. I also have no idea what the profile numbers represent.

That's it for now, but I'll probably have more. I'll just continue to use this thread instead of starting more, as I already started two other (more specific) question threads.
Fistalis
General

Re: Questions

Post by Fistalis »

Big Punisher wrote:1. Is there an easier way to move foot infantry by air other than loading the units one at a time? My helicopters can only carry one, so I have to load them one at a time. The load unit command does nothing for both helicopter and infantry, neither does air transport (think that requires a.i. though, which I have locked out of all units). It appears that I cannot do a group load on a set of helicopters, which is annoying.

2. How can you tell how stealthy a unit is? I thought it might be profile, but I'm not sure. I also have no idea what the profile numbers represent.

That's it for now, but I'll probably have more. I'll just continue to use this thread instead of starting more, as I already started two other (more specific) question threads.
1. Not to my knowlege. Best bet is research something with higher capacity.

2. profile. Higher the profile better stealth. Its kinda back arsewards but ya.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

What influences if another country will accept treaties? I have a country fully green on diplomatic liking, and mostly green on civilian liking. My diplomatic liking of them is also green, but my civilian liking of them is concerned. Is that what's stopping them from accepting any treaties, including minor ones? If so how do I raise my civilian liking of them? I want a formal alliance, but they won't even accept criminal extradition.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Big Punisher wrote:What influences if another country will accept treaties? I have a country fully green on diplomatic liking, and mostly green on civilian liking. My diplomatic liking of them is also green, but my civilian liking of them is concerned. Is that what's stopping them from accepting any treaties, including minor ones? If so how do I raise my civilian liking of them? I want a formal alliance, but they won't even accept criminal extradition.
For whatever reason criminal extradition is usually one of the harder treaties to get. Try offering a different treaty. I usually can get them to accept if I offer mutal protection and alliance at the same time.
icemanistheking
Lieutenant

Post by icemanistheking »

Yeah, the treaty system is really strange. I can definitely see where it was an attempt to make it more realistic in having to combine treaties in an offer rather than just getting them sequentially, but the system is somewhat broken in it's current state.

Playing as Ireland, I gave the US and billions and billions of dollars to raise their opinion of me high enough to get a formal alliance to progress toward getting into the blue sphere (that was quite a feat with Ireland, even with a booming, awesome economy, relatively of course).

Anyway, I mistakenly offered (and they accepted) mutual defense by itself, leaving formal alliance the only treaty I did not have. So, I pumped billions more into the blasted Americans to get a formal alliance, and absolutey could not get it. By this time, I had no pre-mutual defense saves, so I was kinda stuck. As a last resort, I (after making a backup save) canceled mutual defense with the US, and after spending billions more getting relations back to where high-level treaties were even an option, I offered formal alliance and mutual defense at the same time, and they accepted. But lo and behold, I was then kicked out of the UN for breaking the original mutual defense treaty, damaging relations with countries I had spent a great deal of time fostering good relationships with, and I did not have the money (after the US fiasco) to get those relations back (nor any way to get the money in any timely manner).

At this point, I had my US alliance and I could have eventually gotten all my other relations back up, but after the sheer frustration of it all, I completely lost interest in that game, and haven't played since (I am eagerly waiting Update 3 though, when I will start a new game).

Anyway, sorry for blog hour, but there you go.
icemanistheking
Lieutenant

Post by icemanistheking »

Fistalis wrote:
Big Punisher wrote:What influences if another country will accept treaties? I have a country fully green on diplomatic liking, and mostly green on civilian liking. My diplomatic liking of them is also green, but my civilian liking of them is concerned. Is that what's stopping them from accepting any treaties, including minor ones? If so how do I raise my civilian liking of them? I want a formal alliance, but they won't even accept criminal extradition.
For whatever reason criminal extradition is usually one of the harder treaties to get. Try offering a different treaty. I usually can get them to accept if I offer mutal protection and alliance at the same time.
To follow up on this (and this is not an original idea, as it was none other than Fistalis who helped me with the treaty system a few months back), almost any time I could not get some kind of treaty (especially criminal extradition and formal alliance), it was a matter of a certain combination of treaties being required - however, there was never any counter offer or indication of what those treaties might be, so TC, just try different combos, even vague ones that you don't really think would work.

Also something to consider (per Fistalis also, from back in the day):

The civilian approval rating seems to have no direct effect on treaty acceptance. However, your diplomatic rating can go higher than 100%, it just will not show on the bar. In my previous example playing with Ireland, I had to give the US probably another 10000M or so past 100% to get them agree to a mutual defense treaty.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

icemanistheking wrote: The civilian approval rating seems to have no direct effect on treaty acceptance. However, your diplomatic rating can go higher than 100%, it just will not show on the bar. In my previous example playing with Ireland, I had to give the US probably another 10000M or so past 100% to get them agree to a mutual defense treaty.
I actually had forgotten about that, spend too much time testing my mods and watching the Ai nations to see if they are doing what they are supposed to that I forgot. :oops:
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Fistalis wrote:
icemanistheking wrote: The civilian approval rating seems to have no direct effect on treaty acceptance. However, your diplomatic rating can go higher than 100%, it just will not show on the bar. In my previous example playing with Ireland, I had to give the US probably another 10000M or so past 100% to get them agree to a mutual defense treaty.
I actually had forgotten about that, spend too much time testing my mods and watching the Ai nations to see if they are doing what they are supposed to that I forgot. :oops:
I noticed the a.i. params file on your website. How does the a.i. differ in that, than in the original file? Does it also affect player a.i. (when minister has control)?

Also, in the fabrication panel how are the designs organized? I thought they were organized by tech, but I saw they were not.
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Do ministers build anything? Do the production, research, and defense ministers build any facilities pertaining to their departments?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Big Punisher wrote: I noticed the a.i. params file on your website. How does the a.i. differ in that, than in the original file? Does it also affect player a.i. (when minister has control)?

Also, in the fabrication panel how are the designs organized? I thought they were organized by tech, but I saw they were not.
It affects Ai as a whole, minister and Ai. As to how it differs...
The way the AI works is when the AI decides it wants to do something it makes a request for units. Which types of units it can request for each particular type of request depends on the AI params. Mine primarily makes more use of units the original AI doesn't, and more use of the ones it rarely uses. For example It uses foot soldiers more often, Doesn't use Air units to resupply ships etc. May use different units for defense, tends to use Air units a bit more often etc etc.

Another thing modified is the build order. The AI basically has a preset list of what types of units it should build. I switched this up.
As well as how it rates units. For example the AI may rate transports with range/capacity as equal factors. I have modified this so it may prefer capacity over range. (not really in there but just used as an example.)
Big Punisher wrote:Do ministers build anything? Do the production, research, and defense ministers build any facilities pertaining to their departments?
yes Although rarely. And they only build on preexisting hexes.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Had a quick skim through the thread, and in regards to your first question. Do you need to move them by air? If the answer is no, then move them by supply trucks to their destination.
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Ragu wrote:Had a quick skim through the thread, and in regards to your first question. Do you need to move them by air? If the answer is no, then move them by supply trucks to their destination.
Yes, I was paradropping infantry into enemy cities. I thought I would've been able to do a group load, but I wasn't.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Big Punisher wrote:
Ragu wrote:Had a quick skim through the thread, and in regards to your first question. Do you need to move them by air? If the answer is no, then move them by supply trucks to their destination.
Yes, I was paradropping infantry into enemy cities. I thought I would've been able to do a group load, but I wasn't.
It really depends on the aircraft capacity, the weight of the unit, and if the unit is airdroppable or not.

I play the USA almost exclusively, so my experience is with them. If you get a Globemaster I, you can carry 3xParatroop units as a basic load, but only 1xGreen Beret. With a C-5 Galaxy, you can carry a metric buttload of paras (7) or 3-4 Green Berets.

Side note, Marines are paradroppable, but I'm not sure if infantry is or not. However, you can use the INF in air assault (helo) role once you can build helicopters.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

What you need is Antonov An-225 airplane so you can take your 22 (twentytwo!) Green Berets (or any other infantry that weights 135t) and annihilate any city and it's defence in the whole wide world in a matter of seconds :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

number47 wrote:What you need is Antonov An-225 airplane so you can take your 22 (twentytwo!) Green Berets (or any other infantry that weights 135t) and annihilate any city and it's defence in the whole wide world in a matter of seconds :lol: :lol: :lol:
You betcha! When I play 2020 Shattered World, first thing I do is trade everything I can for the design!

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”