new update3

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: new update3

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: Like in SR2020, it changes ownership then travels home. It's a lobby option which way you play the game. With magic transport, depending on diplomatic difficulty, units take some "damage" with equivalent military goods given to the new owner so the repair costs only time (think if it as uncrating and reassembling).
Does AI nations now at least offers all sorts of units (air defense, submarines, destroyers, helicopters, fighters, bombers, artillery) and all the time in the game (not only first year)? Maybe they should offer all the obsolete units when new design is available (instead of scrapping).
Please teach AI everything!
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

mrgenie wrote:
Although I might agree with you up to some point, are you aware you just made tens of millions enemies around the world?
Who would have guessed that my not changing some zeroes to ones, (or vice versa) in an Excel file could have such a profound effect on millions worldwide!!

/facepalm
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

forumname wrote:I did not create the error, therefore the 'error' cannot be 'my fault'.

I will only use official files from BG, Paradox, or both.

Are you suggesting that BG's reputation/success depends on a mod produced by a fellow player?
Are you suggesting that a working game title depends on the same?

Seriously?

I'm trying diligently to find the statement in my documentation that tells me ,"Working naval units will require the use of 3rd party modifications", but I'm just not seeing it.
i tell u what right to say there is bugs in a game launched by a company as small as battle goat is nothing

ea is one of the biggest if not the biggest game company in the world and after a year do you see how many bugs are still in bf3? go figure
Fistalis wrote:
sparky282 wrote:
Fistalis wrote: Either I'm a liar or BG are horrible people. :roll:
Its both :lol:
thats takes sand writing to a whole new level :lol:
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote: Like in SR2020, it changes ownership then travels home. It's a lobby option which way you play the game. With magic transport, depending on diplomatic difficulty, units take some "damage" with equivalent military goods given to the new owner so the repair costs only time (think if it as uncrating and reassembling).
Ya i know how the old way works, i was talking about the new way.
:wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I've been out of the studio the past week at the gamescom show and an Intel conference so I haven't had a chance to keep up with recent discussions here, but I wanted to add that we made a big push to try to get Update 3 out in some form before I left.... Unfortunately the issues that affect some players with the game speed slowdowns were an interrelated combination of factors that had no easy, single solution. As well, the build/test/debug cycle for these types of changes is rather long, limiting the speed we can do QA and identify all the interactions. While, as Balthagor has pointed out, we've made a lot of progress to tackle the issues from a lot of different angles, there are some side effects to the solutions that still need to be resolved.

As soon as I get back to the studio on Friday this will continue to be our #1 priority, but we won't release the update until we're satisfied that things work as they should.

Since we know that many are eagerly awaiting the update we'll try to keep the forum updated as things progress.

- George.
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

Updates are fine even if its bad news or delays. At least it is news.
Lord_Draxnair
Warrant Officer

Post by Lord_Draxnair »

Any news is good news, thank you George!
ARE THOSE MY SLBM'S PARKED OFF YOUR COASTLINE??? ..... OH WELL, DEAL WITH IT!!!!!
Ракетные войска стратегического назначения <---- Strategic Rocket Forces
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

George Geczy wrote:I've been out of the studio the past week at the gamescom show and an Intel conference so I haven't had a chance to keep up with recent discussions here, but I wanted to add that we made a big push to try to get Update 3 out in some form before I left.... Unfortunately the issues that affect some players with the game speed slowdowns were an interrelated combination of factors that had no easy, single solution. As well, the build/test/debug cycle for these types of changes is rather long, limiting the speed we can do QA and identify all the interactions. While, as Balthagor has pointed out, we've made a lot of progress to tackle the issues from a lot of different angles, there are some side effects to the solutions that still need to be resolved.

As soon as I get back to the studio on Friday this will continue to be our #1 priority, but we won't release the update until we're satisfied that things work as they should.

Since we know that many are eagerly awaiting the update we'll try to keep the forum updated as things progress.

- George.
All I wanna know is... Who unshackled you from the desk so you could leave? Gotta hide that key better next time. :wink:
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Isn't it better when we all just get along? :lol: :lol: :lol:
getalong.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

To summarize, the patch may or may not be out this month, correct?

Oh well, was hoping to give it three days of play on Labor Day weekend in the US :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We still believe we can get it done this month, let's all think positive.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:We still believe we can get it done this month, let's all think positive.
I like being informed :-)
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:We still believe we can get it done this month, let's all think positive.
I'm positive it was you who found the key and released him. Bad balt, I hid that key for a reason. :D
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I managed to escape my shackles and terrorize Europe for a few days.

And number47, that picture is creepy.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

The beer is on me if you get it out by Labor Day weekend. :D

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”