Invasion, your opinion

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jersey Mule
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Invasion, your opinion

Post by Jersey Mule »

When Invading Taiwan from China, whats the best way to assure the landing troops stay fully supplied ? Also, what has been your most successful invasion 'package' (troops etc etc)
TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Re: Invasion, your opinion

Post by TheCyab6a »

i had 2 carriers on the east coast of tiawan with supply helicopters on them along with 50 light infantry and 100 arty and 30 tanks they fell in no time
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

My last game as China, I bombed the island relentlessly, save for one port (kaosiung?)

I was careful there, as I wanted it functioning. About 5 minutes with 95 B-52's in a manually controlled battlegroup, followed by an airdrop of 10 (divisions?) of elite troops into Kao...

another 3 minutes to repair the slightly damaged port...all the while the AI is chomping at the bit to land the 50 or so cargo ships carrying the infantry.....

Once the port is taken and is operational..the short trip by sea from the mainland makes quick work of it.
an2255
Sergeant

Post by an2255 »

I find that using ships to destroy the towns and land units and the capturing a port backed up by air dropped units and missile attacks. but i usually just let my ministers handle the invasion it can take a year or 2 but gets the job done

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”