Update 4

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Update 4

Post by Zuikaku »

So, when is update 4 going to be released?! :evil: :lol:

Seems that this forum died a bit. What happened? Everybody gave up?! :wink:
I'm bored at the moment, so I'll try to speculate a bit. Assuming that all known game breaking bugs will be squashed in update 3, that leaves us with some game polishing for update 4. What to do in update 4??

* Teach AI how to use CVs and airplanes properly

*Teach AI how to build structures (maybe I'm wrong but seems to me that my neighbouring countries do not build anything for decades). Maybe some script for AI to try to build buildings for providing deficient resources. If AI do not have sufficient coal production then it builds coal mines. If it lacks power it builds powerplants.

*Unit training - option to train units. possibility to create core of elite, well trained units like in RL. Training would require time, money (based on maintenance, so training fighter squadron is much more expensive than training special forces or artillery), fuel and supplies. So, basically ,training will be very costly. Units can be only trained up to 50 percent of full possible experience (bar).

*Veteran and rookie units - trained but untried unit is not reliable. When under fire, unit can show that training was unsatisfactory or much better than expected. So, after first combat contact unit experience level is randomly modified in +/- 50% range of it's current experience level.

* Unit perks - when training unit, we can set the goals of training (urban fighting, FLAK trap, anti submarine combat, fouling air strikes, defensive combat, anti tank experts, expert scouts, tank busting, wild weasels, supply wizzard and so on). So, urban fighting perk would give unit +30% in close combat/defence and fouling air strike will give ground units +50% air defence (simulating equipment dispersion and camouflage). Every unit can have up to 2 perks- one which can be trained (training can fail) and one which can be awarded in combat. So after succesfull combat in the city, tank unit can get "urban combat" perk (sometimes, not very likely).

*Speed up gaining combat experience. Experience in combat should be accumulated much faster. I had wars which lasted for 10 years and units which constantly fought for years and they hardly gained 50% experience. I had submarines with 100+ kills which had much less than 50% experience (bar). Seems bit too slow to me....

* Renaming units. Not really important. Don't know if this is fixed since I never tried to rename any unit since I failed renaming for the first time.

Disclaimer: I'm really bored and hope that this will bring this forum back from the dead. I also hope to hear some more fresh ideas for improving this great game. I also don't expect any comments from authorities :D
Please teach AI everything!
SGTscuba
General

Re: Update 4

Post by SGTscuba »

I agree with pretty much all the things you said, however I think it is unlikely we will see training reintroduced into the game.

I think the forum will be a little less dead once patch 3 is out AND if it makes the game run smoother, because I know some of us are gonig to have an mp game if that happens.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
number47
General

Post by number47 »

SGTscuba wrote:I think the forum will be a little less dead once patch 3 is out AND if it makes the game run smoother, because I know some of us are gonig to have an mp game if that happens.
:D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
PalSnuke
Warrant Officer

Post by PalSnuke »

I know that I would certainly like to see the strategic pool expanded, and also the silo-launch missiles to become a usable aspect of your military outside of the strat-pool. :-)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

SGTscuba wrote:I agree with pretty much all the things you said, however I think it is unlikely we will see training reintroduced into the game.
Training was in the game before?? Why on Earth was it removed??!!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Zuikaku wrote:
SGTscuba wrote:I agree with pretty much all the things you said, however I think it is unlikely we will see training reintroduced into the game.
Cant remember why it was removed from 2020 onwards, I think the files were included though in the engine, although I am not sure if you would be able to manually reactivate them.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

SGTscuba wrote:
Cant remember why it was removed from 2020 onwards, I think the files were included though in the engine, although I am not sure if you would be able to manually reactivate them.[/quote]

If someone knows how to manually reactivate training and unit trade, please feel free to share your knowledge :wink:
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Zuikaku wrote: If someone knows how to manually reactivate training and unit trade, please feel free to share your knowledge :wink:
It didn't make the transfer from 2010 to 2020 so while there are remains of the system in some files its lacking the hard coding needed to actually use it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Who needs update 3 when you can have... update 4 at only twice the months spent on update 3! :lol:

I still love you battle goat studio :P
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Fistalis wrote: It didn't make the transfer from 2010 to 2020 so while there are remains of the system in some files its lacking the hard coding needed to actually use it.
Strange... It seems that SR2010 had more advancent features than SRCW?! Hope some of them are going to be reintroduced...
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

I really like the idea of the AI nations building facilitys in there respective nations and also colony goveners could do this in colonys as well that would be cool as it feals like the AI has gone down the pub and your the only one playing the game at times.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

No Balt., I'm not paying them to ask for training....... :D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Draken wrote:No Balt., I'm not paying them to ask for training....... :D
You don't have to . Training and unit quality is logical part of this game. Just as weapon trade (hardware, not licence) :D
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Disclamer: that was for free, on his own accord

LOL

(I've been asking to get training back since the early days of 2020....So, preaching to the choir ;) BUT KEEP DOING IT!)
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I just fail to understand why training was removed :-( They shoul'd just increase the cost of training. And by that way, getting elite units = very costly.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”