Update 4

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Re: Update 4

Post by SGTscuba »

Zuikaku wrote: They shoul'd just increase the cost of training. And by that way, getting elite units = very costly.
^ this. Make training more expensive and perhaps have it increase the units maintence costs slightly (to represent the extra cost of keeping them at that standard)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Post by Zuikaku »

It is a little bit odd that space race begins and ends with the Moon. Space race shoul'd be extended to exploration of Mars and others bodies of Solar system (Venus, Mercury, Pluto) along with the SETI program and Voyager probes and possible human mission to Mars. Both sides had plans to do that. Player can benefit from those kind of missions" through reduced research time and bonus breakhthrougs in other tech areas (advanced materials, composites, advanced designs). and possibility that every research fails would also be great. Slowing down (too fast) tech advance and forcing players to pay more for tech or consider spying to get tech. The more demanding tech, the more expensive, the lesser literacy level the more chance that research will fail. Unit research should be affected by this also (there are examples in recent history where failed designs had to be redesigned from scratch).
Please teach AI everything!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:It is a little bit odd that space race begins and ends ...
It is even more odd that every country that wants to build modern units has to go almost to the moon to unlock the era tech that is locking most of the '80 and '90 units |O
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:It is a little bit odd that space race begins and ends ...
It is even more odd that every country that wants to build modern units has to go almost to the moon to unlock the era tech that is locking most of the '80 and '90 units |O
That is why I never managed to unlock M-84, synthetic fuel plants and other modern techs :o I never wasted money on the space race, ignored it, researched everything else and ... |O
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:That is why I never managed to unlock M-84, synthetic fuel plants and other modern techs :o I never wasted money on the space race, ignored it, researched everything else and ... |O
wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: to unlock M-84 you need to buy T-72M design (which is the pre-requisit for M-84) from Russia first and Russia never researches that design as it is a piece of s*** compare to other tanks they have :lol:
But Balthagor, promised fo fix this (true, it was a looong time ago but lets hope he didn't forget and it will be fixed in Update 3 :D )
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Since we are not allowed to give suggestions for more improvements on update3 thread, I hope we can put our wishlist here. So, feel free to write what woul'd you like to see in update4. My wishes are:

1. Selective unit trade (I have said all about this one, so I won't repeat myself again here).
2. Licences much harder to obtain
3. False flag attacks as spy option
4. Guerillas popping when DAR drops too low or foreign countries are providing weapons to opposition (described in "Guerilla, the wet dream thread) - woul'd add nice possibility to destabilize enemies.
5. Unit training (expensive on cash, fuel and MGs)
6. AI using carriers with planes
7. No more endless wars. AI vs. AI now seeks and makes peace more often
8. AI annex regions very rarely. It colonizes or liberates them instead.
9. Unit renaming
10. AI using naval battlegroups

Also, Balthagor, plesae, can we at least know which of these requests are you planning to work for update4. So that we do not ask for the same things again and again and again. If we know which things from our wishlist are already planned, then we'll stop spamming forum with them.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

I think it must be the terrorist organizations
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:...I hope we can put our wishlist here...
reasonable, but don't forget that we've made it very clear that as a small studio, we are not going to try and dissect a 20 page thread with 500 suggestions. Threads like that just get ignored. If you have an idea you'd like to see in the game, the BEST approach is to start one thread with just that discussion. Kind of like this one;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 61&t=20291

8)
Zuikaku wrote:...can we at least know which of these requests are you planning to work for update4...
No. For the many reasons discussed many times before.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: reasonable, but don't forget that we've made it very clear that as a small studio, we are not going to try and dissect a 20 page thread with 500 suggestions. Threads like that just get ignored. If you have an idea you'd like to see in the game, the BEST approach is to start one thread with just that discussion. Kind of like this one;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 61&t=20291

8)
But that will result in awful lot of forum clatter and spam :o
Balthagor wrote: No. For the many reasons discussed many times before.
But that will also result in awful lot of spam :D I understand that your resources are limited, but some sort of statement like:
"For update4 we plan to rework X and Y , improve Z and G and implement C, D, E and F in the game. "
That will reduce forum spam, angry mob size and bring peace to Earth and this forum :lol: In any case, it can not hurt anyone...
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:
Balthagor wrote: ...
Come on, man...he already told you that improved unit trading is on their whishlist, what more do you want? :D

HINT: getting him to say that something is on their whishlist is the best you can hope for...anything beyond that would fall into "Company Secret" category (or trade secret, I'm not sure how it is said in english :oops: )
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:But that will result in awful lot of forum clatter and spam :o
No, that is how we've done things for the past 10 years and it works very nicely.
Balthagor wrote:...That will reduce forum spam, angry mob size and bring peace to Earth and this forum :lol: In any case, it can not hurt anyone...
Actually, based on 10 years experience, it won't reduce the angry posts, it will just change what they're angry about.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

What have they promised, what have they promised, I want it now :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ANgry mob is waiting :lol:
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:
Balthagor wrote: ...
Come on, man...he already told you that improved unit trading is on their whishlist, what more do you want? :D

HINT: getting him to say that something is on their whishlist is the best you can hope for...anything beyond that would fall into "Company Secret" category (or trade secret, I'm not sure how it is said in english :oops: )
So, you want to say that secret services are developing this game?! :o
number47
General

Post by number47 »

You crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol:
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I would like to see:

-The ability to do amphibious/airborne operations during proxy wars
-Be able for my arty to fire during proxy wars (I think it might be a bug though that they aren't)
-Be able to transfer units straight from a ships cargo to a helicopter/planes cargo that is based upon it. Without having to use a port, would make ampibious operations easier, as I could just airlift units from the ship to shore without having to bring the ship into arty range.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”