update 3

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SoB
Brigadier Gen.

update 3

Post by SoB »

Ok this thread I made to bug the developers on news on the next update and to post suggestions for what you want in them.

Can you please fixe the vietnam war so there is less of a giant NATO blob in the area. Currently a AI NV will stand no chance in surviving the first year. Please pretty pleas fix.

Africa's wars of independence. Africa is the most peaceful place in the game. Strange since there where lots of wars for independence followed by civil wars. I have given my suggestion for this but I will do so again. A scripted event starting at the moument the war of independent starts causes the nation to rebel with it getting all the land (but not the troops or garrisons) if there where more than one rebel faction a new nation will form to represent them. These rebel will get scripted unites to appear. Once they gain control of the land another script will create a cease fire thus a new nation is born. I know not all nations gained independence through force, the current method can be used for them. Civil wars can all so be caused through this method.

Theses are my to really really big points.

ETA on update 3.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Re: update 3

Post by ollobrains »

wishful thinking on anytime soon. Still hope they do it right and get all the bugs kinked out as BG always dos before update 3
Eskodas
Lieutenant

Post by Eskodas »

Hmmm, my NV is usually a pounding session between France/Commonwealth and China/Soviets with no real win win unless the player intervenes.
-Dare to Know
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Yeah if NV can survive ok, then a scripted Vietnam war between the USA and NV will be very nice.

But for me, the most important thing is the de-stack bug. Most games run ok, but if the de-stack thing happens, the game comes to a crawl. This is #1 for me.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

The destacking issue is the first thing they should fix before considering anything else, maybe if they fix it just release that as a patch and then go on and add other things becuase this lag issue is killing the game off.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by sparky282 »

wish i had had a chance to get the destack issue 8_
devildog
Sergeant

Post by devildog »

Game speed because of unit stacking have kinda ruined the game for me :evil:
nikoarg26
Corporal

Post by nikoarg26 »

Anyone knows if the developers are real working on an update 3?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There will be an update 3, not date yet set.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:There will be an update 3, not date yet set.
Yay! We got word from Above :D

Maybe we could squeeze out more information...is there is a light at the end of tunnel called "destack/safe path" issue or it still looks pretty dim? :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

+1 for destack fix!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
number47
General

Post by number47 »

+1 for destacker! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheet-metal-stacker-destacker-376463.jpg
P.S. I know this is inappropriate behavior :oops: but I just had to do it to keep my /questionable/ mental health :lol:
Also I know BG crew has a healthy sense of humor :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

number47 wrote:...but I just had to do it to keep my /questionable/ mental health :lol:...
[_]OT

*For only the 4,567th time* I am sorry! :D

And yeah, leaving aside the ever important de-stack issue, the OP comment about the Africa issue is also an important one, whilst I personally don't believe in scripted events in the Vanilla game, I do think that independence should occur far more often! This is just a basic tweak of the game system though!

Tied into this I believe that civil wars should also occur, and there should be far more Guerilla's and Partisan units forming in conquered territory!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
number47
General

Post by number47 »

So, in a nuttshell we are bugging you to eventually "fix/improve/implement":
(*these are not set by order of importance!)

-decolonization (some countries never get independence)
-destack/waiting for safe path issue
-proxy warfare or diplomacy (there are suggestions to fix current problem through diplomacy or through proxy rules)
-neutral sphere country vs. neutral sphere country wars (Fistalis :wink: )
-Cuba (rise of Fidel Castro)
-arms sales
-Guerilla/partisan units forming in unhappy colonies/recently conquered land/unhappy populations!
-Events occurring when the situation doesn't warrant them... I.E. US embargoing a pro-US Cuba.

...damn, it is too early in the morning and I still haven't had my second coffee so my brain can't remember (no, this has nothing to do with you dom 8) ) the other issues (and I know there are at least a few :lol: )

will edit this when I wake up properly

EDIT: added few but I'm not done. Others are welcome to remind me of things I forgot :wink:
Last edited by number47 on Feb 19 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

I've put the game away untill they solve the unit stacking and pathing problems. Makes it almost un playable for me.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”