update 3

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Re: update 3

Post by SGTscuba »

By the way is fixing proxy wars so you can amphib invade/use helis/use airdrops into the proxy's enemies territory on the list of things that you wanted to include for this patch, or has it already been earmarked for another one?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by MertcanKs »

Where is the Update 3?
I'm very boring
number47
General

Post by number47 »

MertcanKs wrote:Where is the Update 3?
I'm very boring
:lol: :lol: :lol:
At least you're honest 8)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

They are dead ,Jim ??
Where are you, everybody?! :-?
Please teach AI everything!
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

It will still be August for a few more days so lets stop bumping this thread please...

Every time I receive an email notification about a post here I think "FINALLY!!!!" just to find out that it wasn't the goats posting to announce that the update WAS RELEASED!

So, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, eat your nails or do whatever you like to do to calm your nerves but refrain to post !!!!!

|O :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Post by TheCyab6a »

i think il post a random post everyday now
larsieman1988
Sergeant

Post by larsieman1988 »

Hey,

I've been visiting these forums for what seems to be more than a year right now. Waiting for the patch to fix a lot of gamebreaking issues.

I have the utmost respect for game developers that create a product and then face an angry forum mob as soon as some patch doesn't come soon enough. But this time? No. I don't understand, month after month after month and still nothing. Some vague reference to 'august' and that's all we got. If it's a patch with HUGE NEW CONTENT, sure it takes a long time to get it ready. But at least give us some developer diary's or whatever. Tell us what you're doing. I don't care about the time it takes, it takes as much as it takes, but this is becoming completely insane.

It looks to me this game is so utterly broken that making a patch for it takes one hell of a long time. And the people who bought this game and face these gamebreaking bugs can just sit here and makes some jolly jokes about the lack of progress and communication.

This game will be the last game I buy from these developers. Playable but broken is not my goal for a completed game. The lack of progress hints to an arrogance towards it's community. Questions about the patch and progress won't get answered and the date will not be named. The community get's some vague references and thats it. Here we go again. Checking the forums week after week.

It's insane. It's stupid. And It's wrong.

I might be going over the line here according to some but i've pay'd my fair share for these games, the progress and communication I see with a lot of other developers show me that it CAN be done. I've seen one man teams for indie games show a better communication than this.

Again, it's not the amount of time, its the lack of a perspective given that gets me.

*Whining modus off*
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

BG is under no obligation whatsoever to provide another update. The game is playable. Just because they acknowlegeded that there is a slowdown is some cases doesnt mean the game is unplayable nor does it entitle everyone to a free update.

They may choose to provide another update and if they do they can take as long as they see fit.

A few impatient kids yelling "Are we there yet", "Are we there yet", "Are we there yet" from the back seat isnt going to get the car to the waterslide park any sooner.

BG said it looked like it would be August before any update was ready and its just now 8 days into the month. You kids act as if Balthagor said Aug 1st., Theres still 23 days left in the month and if it takes longer then it takes longer.
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

Hundane wrote:BG is under no obligation whatsoever to provide another update. The game is playable. Just because they acknowlegeded that there is a slowdown is some cases doesnt mean the game is unplayable nor does it entitle everyone to a free update.

They may choose to provide another update and if they do they can take as long as they see fit.

A few impatient kids yelling "Are we there yet", "Are we there yet", "Are we there yet" from the back seat isnt going to get the car to the waterslide park any sooner.

BG said it looked like it would be August before any update was ready and its just now 8 days into the month. You kids act as if Balthagor said Aug 1st., Theres still 23 days left in the month and if it takes longer then it takes longer.

We are quite aware that they need not provide an update etc etc legal mumbo jumbo etc but lets face it, the majority of respect people once had for BG has gone right down the drain (mine has anyway) and fool be them if they do not fix the game or atleast admit it is fubar after a few ingame years.

Refering to us a kids etc shows nothing more than your own ignorant and immature attitude. Be aware that many customers like myself have been around here for a good while and just because we don't post a lot of threads etc does not mean we are unaware of the game development or who is who on the forums and certanly does not mean we cant spot the relationship between community and devs. This is one game forum where one seems to always feel the devs are up themselves and have the smallest ammount of respect for their customers (in some cases condensending). Hell even stonghold 3 devs did more and look whats happened to them. I am afraid BG is even below them in my book when it comes to customer service.

I am not that mithered about the patch release that much anyway (suggest others dont get excited either) because I think it is going to be a fail patch to buy the devs even more time untill they do a new engine as this one simply cannot be fixed (watch this space for a few things added here and there, then after a week or two, people will spot that it was just a masking patch that never resolved the most annoying problems at all and worse, introduced more game breaking stuff)

I love the genre, I loved the fact that BG tried to make this work but at the moment = Devs are ignorant as hell (sure Balth shows now and again but what does he actually tell us????? baring "use the search", "this has been discussed", waffle waffle blag blag.

The game SRCW simply does not work and I also feel they will announce a new release in a month or 2 because what they really been doing is making a new game and not actually fixing this one.

After £100 on 4 installments of BG's game, I know I will not be spending anymore because all I am getting is problem problem problem unless I like just seeing how much money I can earn ingame.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

BG staff, you see what happens when you choose not to communicate with your customers?!
Especially since it is really long wait period for this patch.
And people do not rant because they don't like you or the game (if that woul'd be the case, we'll be all be gone by now). people are checking this forum daily for reason- they like this game. There are lot's of games on the market but they/we chosed to play this particular game which has great potential and is unique.
People do not even rant because of waiting for almost one year (which is a bit too much, to be honest) to make the game "not broken".
But people do rant if they are not being told anything. We are not told what are you working on. We are not allowed to know changelog. The time is passing with little or no info. We feel kinda abandoned and hopeless. Yes, I know that it is your decision and you have right to set your policies here. But maybe it is the wrong policy in this case :wink:
please, do not get me wrong, we respect your work, that's why are we so interested in this update. Thats why we want to spend quality time with your product and not some other product.
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Hundane wrote:BG is under no obligation whatsoever to provide another update. The game is playable. Just because they acknowlegeded that there is a slowdown is some cases doesnt mean the game is unplayable nor does it entitle everyone to a free update.

Yes but,
are we there yet? :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Hi Fistalis :-) lol remember the good ol' days of bg? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I thought that since everyone else is fighting, why don't I jump in as well? :D

If any of you have seen, or at least looked at! my AAR I have going, perhaps you can see why I'm doing one. To keep people from attacking each other by entertaining them with something other than update 3. I remain neutral concerning update 3.

-Obviously I want the new update
Pros:
-It's quite bad when a company doesn't care about its game's rep
-This game would be a hell of a lot funner with update 3

Cons:
-They were never obligated to follow through on update 3 (who knows? maybe there being liquidated)
-If there isn't going to be a game sequel, why bother putting up updates for an ended game branch?
-Many games go without updates for long times before there finally released..**cough cough Mine Craft Xbox edition cough cough**

However, One thing is assured- I'm not a kid & when you reach my old age, you hope others would respect that. (when y'all reach 16,your as old as me!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

Hundane you are so right BG is not under any obligation to provide anything after we bought the game just like any of the other game company is not under any obligation to patch they games. now is that the smart thing to do hmmmm nope. but whats for certain is that we the paying customers are certainly under no obligation to buy another title from BG. they can also take as long as they want its they choice ( i might add a dumb one ) but its they choice.
Now onto it being playable lmao really? do this as a test start your game and turn the clock speed up to fastest speed don't do anything just let it run and watch when clock starts to slow a bit. keep watching by end of yr 1 you will see clock is slower by yr 1 1/2 its even slower and 2 yrs slower by 2 1/2 yrs wow by 3 yrs omg lol try it on normal by yr 5 unplayable so in my opinion its not playable unless you like turning game on and just walking away for 5 days in real time days and hoping it don't crash.
like i said in another post they should of not brought out the game when they did and in my opinion they rushed it and after two updates the game is still garbage in my opinion
BG can say sometime in Aug but i take that as at end of Aug and then we will see but that's not how you treat PAYING customers. as bg has stated before they a small company so they have less peeps to do stuff well treat the customers this way and guess what you might be even smaller hmmmmm just saying!!!!!!!!!!
well hope you get it right with next update but not really counting on it but ay goodluck ay BG
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

I've been a loyal customer to BG since SR2010 came out but have to say that the posts by fed-up and frustrated customers strike a chord with me lately. They are saying the same things that I'm thinking and probably many others are too. I get even more annoyed when someone tries to defend BG/SRCW in a sophistic, at best, and dishonest, at worst, rationalization like "after all, the destack bug only effects some games." EVERY SINGLE GAME that I've played gets brought to a halt by the bug...and the same with various family members and friends who also have played the game. It is pretty poor form to honestly say or believe that they are under no obligation of any kind to fix this game. Perhaps a consumer with that attitude deserves a broken product though...

Like others, I cannot say enough good things about this game concept and what BG set out to do...but things cannot go on like this. Even the oldest and most loyal part of the fanbase is beginning to have doubts because of the way BG has handled this past year or so.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As this thread has degenerated into discussions debating the existence of the update and our business practices I see little reason for this thread to continue. There's still plenty of "August" to go.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”