anyway to reduce unit build time? What does GDP/c affect?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Lonck
Warrant Officer

anyway to reduce unit build time? What does GDP/c affect?

Post by Lonck »

missile production, planes and ships. Can we reduce build times for such units? I understand that it takes a few weeks to recruit a sailor that will man the ship but there should be a way to reduce the build time of the ship or plane itself. Also, what are the effects of having a high/low GDP/c?
chipper10
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: anyway to reduce unit build time? What does GDP/c affec

Post by chipper10 »

Lonck wrote:missile production, planes and ships. Can we reduce build times for such units? I understand that it takes a few weeks to recruit a sailor that will man the ship but there should be a way to reduce the build time of the ship or plane itself. Also, what are the effects of having a high/low GDP/c?
the build times are already faster or comparable to real life in fact it takes two years to build a Nimitz class or Ford class carrier and another 3-5 months to work up it where as in the game it takes 600 days to build with no need to work up
Anteep
Lieutenant

Post by Anteep »

Lonck wrote:missile production, planes and ships. Can we reduce build times for such units? I understand that it takes a few weeks to recruit a sailor that will man the ship but there should be a way to reduce the build time of the ship or plane itself. Also, what are the effects of having a high/low GDP/c?
gdp/c affects consumption, and the more your people consume the more you can tax that which they consume
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

You can always modify the units so that they have lower build times, however this is a bit of a drastic measure just for slightly shorter build times.
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Lonck
Warrant Officer

Post by Lonck »

so if I change GDP/c to 1 or 0 will that only change consumption? will AI think differently of me? any other changes apart from consumption?
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

yeah GDP also affects prices, whether it is goods prices, construction prices, production costs, maintenance costs or any similar prices or costs.

If you up lower your GDP you will basically get less tax income but also lower prices and vice versa!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Spaghetty
Sergeant

Post by Spaghetty »

The thing what hurts me the most, is the enourmous increase in demand for oil, electricity and consumer goods when my Gdp increases. I build some electricty, boom gdp raises and I am behind the facts again.

It is a delicate balance between investing, slow increase in GDP and a slow increase in inflation and hopefully still some unemployment.
Bit off topic maybe, but is there a calculas error in population increase? I noticed that I have a + 700.000 increase in population per year (also including death and emigration), but only an increase of say 45.000 increase in population per month. Population increase would really help my inflation.
Use all your well-learned politesse.
Or Ill lay your soul to waste.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Spaghetty wrote:The thing what hurts me the most, is the enourmous increase in demand for oil, electricity and consumer goods when my Gdp increases. I build some electricty, boom gdp raises and I am behind the facts again.

It is a delicate balance between investing, slow increase in GDP and a slow increase in inflation and hopefully still some unemployment.
Bit off topic maybe, but is there a calculas error in population increase? I noticed that I have a + 700.000 increase in population per year (also including death and emigration), but only an increase of say 45.000 increase in population per month. Population increase would really help my inflation.
You can (and should) manualy adjust domestic sales price of any resource. By increasing the price you can lower the demand and that should help you not to fall behind again. :wink:

As for the population increase, those numbers are all estimates so can't really compare monthly and yearly numbers as these can vary drastically within a single month. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Spaghetty
Sergeant

Post by Spaghetty »

Yes, well, already done that. That leads to the next question, excuse me for hijacking this topic then. Hope it is still related.

To what extend can you increase domstic price? Is it correct to think this (only) decreases DAR? My DAR is 54% at the moment, highest in the world, so that leaves me some margin. Should domestic prices be somewhere near the market price? Or over maybe? Thanks.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Spaghetty wrote:To what extend can you increase domstic price? Is it correct to think this (only) decreases DAR? My DAR is 54% at the moment, highest in the world, so that leaves me some margin. Should domestic prices be somewhere near the market price? Or over maybe? Thanks.
Well that depends on how much you produce and how do you stand financialy. I tend to keep the prices lower than market price for food, water, timber and oil (if I'm not importing them!); I keep electric always the same as market price as most of the time I import that resource; and consumer goods I keep to the maximum to lower the demand as I rarely meet the demand in the first decade of the game...but I repeat, it all depends on how do you stand financialy, what resources do you import and do you meet the demand or not...not much help, I know, but I hope it at least directs you in the right direction :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Spaghetty
Sergeant

Post by Spaghetty »

Well, The national bank ows me 100 Bilion, so that is not really a problem. I am just not such an economist who thinks I should sponser the purchase of consumer goods as a government.

Like I said, the main problem is the quick growth of consumer demand. I will experiment a bit with higher domestic prices. Just wonder if decreased DAR is the only penalty.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Spaghetty wrote:Well, The national bank ows me 100 Bilion, so that is not really a problem. I am just not such an economist who thinks I should sponser the purchase of consumer goods as a government.

Like I said, the main problem is the quick growth of consumer demand. I will experiment a bit with higher domestic prices. Just wonder if decreased DAR is the only penalty.
Well, its going to reduce consumption.. which will have a slight effect on your sales taxes, and may increase inflation. But for the most part neither should be an issue. You only need to keep your DAR above like 25 or 30% to win elections.. anything above that is "room to play". It may also have a slight effect on your GDP but probably wouldn't be notable if your only jacking up one good. Really depends on the make up of your economy.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Anteep
Lieutenant

Post by Anteep »

The higher the DAR, the better, if you want immigration

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”