nachos on the moon

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

NukemRico
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

nachos on the moon

Post by NukemRico »

i wanna try to get Mexico to win the Space Race but have no idea what techs to research to do it. the ones required for each stage of the Space Race don't offer much hint as to their preqrequisites, so i have no idea where to begin other than a flight tech of some sort in the Warfare group Mexico can research right off the bat. and suggestions?
Lost control and went off the steep learning curve.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: nachos on the moon

Post by Chesehead »

You probably need to bump mexico up a couple tech levels before being able to research Aerospace fabrication. Just try to research techs that unlock era techs, which is what you need. Also, you probably need to research a bunch of military aircraft techs. All in All if you spend some money at it and get a couple facilities plus trades, you should reach the moon around 1967 or a little later.
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

ya i've got my economy positive and growing to allow buying bonusless techs when i can and my research funding is maxed. so far so good. :)
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

If you are able to see a tech but don't have the prerequisites (which I didn't think you could but I have been wrong before) then if you just go ahead and research that tech it will automatically queue up all the technologies that lead up to it as well. Same goes with any unit designs you come across!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Yeezy
Corporal

Post by Yeezy »

no don't be silly moon not conurernt with cheese
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

I checked and it turns out that as you get close to some unit designs they will actually display even without all the prequisits unlocked. And like I said, if you just try and research them direclty it will queue all the prior techs for you!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

plowing merrily along and then updated to 7.2.2. or whatever and now it wont run. aak! i'll redownload it from gamersgate and hopefully my saved game file will still be intact.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Generally if your pre-patch games are borked, they are well and truley borked, and you have to start a fresh game.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Ragu wrote:Generally if your pre-patch games are borked, they are well and truley borked, and you have to start a fresh game.
Sadly this is indeed usually the case!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

i lucked out and a fresh install fixed it and my saved games were still there. unfortunately the United States is a good bit ahead of me in the space race and unless they detour into other pursuits they'll beat me to it.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Sabatage em!
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Sabotage literally every single research facility that they have, as well as performing espionage on any that are waiting to be broken!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Solrac
Private

Post by Solrac »

Anyone know if as of today the Space Race techs/related buildings are still only in the game for the Space Race victory condition? I'm playing 7.2.2

It was such a let down after playing my first game as Mexico - catching up to and beating both US/USSR in the Space Race research (currently researching Escape Velocity, they seem to still be in Modern Ballistic Missiles) - and then coming here to see why wasn't I able to build any recon satellites at all after getting Reconnaissance Satellites tech and then finding out that Sats aren't part of the core game ='(.

Is getting that satellites mod still the only option or am I missing something?

Edit: forgot to mention I do have all the spacerace related buildings up to mission control/orbital telemetry.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Sats are just a mod (Fistalis' Modern World Mod). If you load his mod, you can build sats when you get the prereq techs, even in the 1949 campaign

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”