What to build at the start of the game

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Deca.Death
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

What to build at the start of the game

Post by Deca.Death »

Hey,For example i'm playing as Cannada what should i build and do for it to become a superpower. :roll:
Fistalis
General

Re: What to build at the start of the game

Post by Fistalis »

Stop speaking french and move south. :lol:

Ideally you want to be self sufficient in most goods.. and you can concentrate on one for exports. Canada has alot of uranium, and starts pretty self sufficiant. An extra industral goods factory or 2 wouldn't hurt. more electricty.. and uranium mines. Then I would build some military goods. And whatever else is needed after that.
Once you have your economy built its just a matter of building a military to match.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Deca.Death
Warrant Officer

Post by Deca.Death »

:lol: What type of power should i focus on? Hydro, Coal, OR other HUH
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Deca.Death wrote::lol: What type of power should i focus on? Hydro, Coal, OR other HUH
Really depends. Hydro costs more and takes longer to get up and running. Coal is cheap.. and quick. I prefer hydro usually unless i'm trying to export elec, in which case I usually do coal.

If you want to compare http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/In ... Facilities

[_]OT I'll finish that wiki section one of these days :lol:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Deca.Death
Warrant Officer

Post by Deca.Death »

:o Hmm are there any tutorials to have a good economy? how do you make that little warining sign go away? HUH |O
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

normally the little warning signs are due to shortages

either your not producing enough or it cant be brought at your price limit
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

don't go overboard placing facilities, i sunk myself for a few years in the late 50s as canada
Deca.Death
Warrant Officer

Post by Deca.Death »

Ok. One more question, if i where to build Six industrial Factory's how many coal, metal ore , Electicity , Oil Fields would i have to build since industrial plants require them ?
dbraaker
Lieutenant

Post by dbraaker »

Well you shouldnt bother building mines, powerplants and farms etc at the beginning. bulk purchase oil, electricity and everything else you need and crank up 10 or 15 industrial goods facilities. once those are finished start constructing consumer goods factories payed by the export surplus of the industrial goods. next is petrol and electricity as imports will be huge and expensive at this stage. once you are selfsufficient in electricity, petrol and export huge amounts of ig and cg push research and domestic spending.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Industrial goods are the basis for the rest of the economy, so focus on that. The game market will short them out in a couple of months. Next, worry about oil, since in year or two, the world market seems to run out of that stuff too. I think the Canadians have oil reserves, though not 100% sure since I haven't played as them. After that worry about consumer and military goods, as they turn into cash cows. Uranium at first isn't too important to canada and the US should produce enough for its needs. After that, worry about water, timber and food, and then finish with Raw materials. Build power plants throughout the construction phase, other then the first one. I usually stick with coal since their cheap and build fast. The big thing is they don't require many industrial goods, which are pretty scarse in the game.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”