brief test session as Israel

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

NukemRico
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

brief test session as Israel

Post by NukemRico »

I love SRCW for sure! Played a brief test game as Israel. Definitely going to be interesting when I start a full game as them. They start almost dirt poor and not even enough money at start to build an extra farm or research any tech. I'd sell off some units, but I'm sure we're gonna get frogpiled by our Arab neighbors in a few years as in history, so better not. ;) The difference in UI from 2020 will take some getting used to but so far I love it. 2020 is nice for high tech goodies, but the Cold War Era (particularly the Arab-Israeli Wars with their bizarre mishmash of equipment) is my fav except maybe Napoleonics. And the possibility of all out global nuclear war? :D :D I need to go buy a copy of Dr Strangelove to put on during my next game!
Lost control and went off the steep learning curve.
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Re: brief test session as Israel

Post by NukemRico »

Well first real game as Israel is coming along but what a tough slog. So far its only selling designs around the world has kept us out of the red while I get more resource production built. May end up restarting and getting an oil field built first cause the world market supply is poor and I regularly am unable to buy enough to keep things going. Great game though, kudos to the devs. :-)
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

my my what a game so far! at one point there is a message that USSR and North Vietnam have made an alliance and a short period later....

lmao!

by 1950 i had hit Full Employment and then suddenly my Industry Goods production stalled. the market supply is poor so i cant even buy any and 2 facilities under construction have also halted progress. well I hate to go to war this early, but i'm going to have to mobilize everything Israel started out with and head up the road to one of my neighbors and borrow a facility permanently. ;) If we can...
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

i give. my Ind production is 52 a day, and even with everything turned off that i could i was still coming up 800 and some short. thats ok, this was a learning attempt anyways, but next time around a full Ind facility will be done early on. also in this try i sold a Motorised Infantry design along with the required Armor Something Or Other III tech to anyone who would buy it and thus financed Israel long enough to become profitable on a regular basis. rampant tech brokering seems like an exploit, but occasional selling of a design w/tech like this doesn't. opinions welcome :)

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”