Full employment and max capacity?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Avindian
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Full employment and max capacity?

Post by Avindian »

Still working through the kinks of my South Africa game! I finished some micro industrial goods facilities, but they seem to be producing almost nothing, despite very well supplied hexes. Max output would suggest 1,000 t. I'm getting, possibly, 1 t per day.

I'm also getting the infamous "full employment" messages; what exactly can I do about that?
number47
General

Re: Full employment and max capacity?

Post by number47 »

Avindian wrote:Max output would suggest 1,000 t. I'm getting, possibly, 1 t per day.
max output amount is yearly amount not daily
EDIT: max output 1,000 t would mean max output of 2,7 t per day
Avindian wrote:I'm also getting the infamous "full employment" messages; what exactly can I do about that?
either increase your population (to raise your unemployment) or shut down some factories.
EDIT: you can increase your population by conquering others or by signing "free flow of work force" with other countries (best option are countries that have bigger population than you and lower GDP/c).
Conquering will quickly increase you population but will affect your relations and may be costly. Diplomacy will cost you nothing but it will take some time to see the effects of immigration...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I'm getting, possibly, 1 t per day.
You can tell what each hex is producing of any commodity by picking a facility in the build que. Then hover your mouse over the hex. The number at the bottom will show the previous day's output of the commodity that facility produces for that hex.

One thing about the SR series is that babies work the same as adults. As soon as they are born they are a part of the work force. Increasing your healthcare spending will help you increase your birthrate and decrease your deathrate.
Avindian
Sergeant

Post by Avindian »

Those both make sense; I'll see what I can do to fix my labor shortage. I took several factories offline, but that didn't seem to help much.

It sounds like, realistically, the micro industrial goods plants just aren't going to fix the shortage in my country, but I can't get enough industrial goods to build one of the larger factories. Is there anything else I can do to increase the production of industrial goods?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Always build ind goods in >90% supply lvl hexes. !!!
The best way to get that kind of supply is to build air base (not air field) in capital city. Doing this will get your capital city hex up to 100% and it will slowly spread to other hexes nearby (to make this work as mentioned here you must put infrastructure spending to the max; you will find it in Finance-Social spending tab).
And also don't build ind mid or ind micro just normal ones...hope this helps :wink:

EDIT: try buying lump sums of ind goods...just in case you don't know how to do this I'll post a screenshot

EDIT2: If "Market Availability" is "Poor" as in picture, don't worry it will still buy small amounts every now and then you'll just have to be patient and stop all other production except ind goods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Is there anything else I can do to increase the production of industrial goods?
Scrap a few facilities that you dont need or can do without or plan to replace like a Petro power facility or the micro to mid consumer goods facilities. Cut back Consumer Goods production to just below 50% , this will cut down on the amount of IG's you need to use for that and free up some for construction. You will take a small hit to DAR but as long as your providing jobs it will quickly recover and may even start to rise. That will get you some IG's to build an IG facility or two. This will make your people happy and happy people make more stuffs.

The method I use to increase supply % is to build supply depotsx3 at intersections of roads and railroads if possible. I put them in the middle (if possible) or near all my major areas of production. Three will usually push out supply far enough cover a wide enough area (I dont keep 90%+ Everywhere). You can add another depot to push out a few more hexes if needed.
Avindian
Sergeant

Post by Avindian »

number47: Really good stuff there! The only reason I'm building ind micro is because I can't get enough goods to finish normal ind. :roll: I figured even modest increases are better than no increase. I've tried buying in bulk like your post suggests; however, no matter how much I'm willing to pay, I get nothing.

Hundane: Cutting back on CGs sounds like a great idea; I'll definitely try that next time.

It sounds like both you think this is partially a supply problem; maybe it is. I've got infra cranked up to the max, but I'm used to playing games like HOI where supply doesn't matter for domestic goods. However, do supply depots need IGs to run properly? If so, I can foresee more problems ahead.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Avindian wrote:number47: I've tried buying in bulk like your post suggests; however, no matter how much I'm willing to pay, I get nothing.
If there are any hydro plants in your country, scrap them (be careful you scrap them not destroy them). Scraping hydro plants will give you a LOT of ind goods (cca. 100.000-200.000 a piece). Use that ind goods to build ind goods facilities
Avindian wrote:However, do supply depots need IGs to run properly? If so, I can foresee more problems ahead.
Supply depots don't need ind goods to operate but they need quite a bit of ind goods to build them and they increase the employment which you are trying to avoid. :wink:

Once again, if there are hydro plants try scraping them and replacing them with coal plants. They produce the same amount of electricity but coal plants cost small amount of ind goods in comparison to hydro.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Supply depots don't need ind goods to operate but they need quite a bit of ind goods to build them and they increase the employment which you are trying to avoid.
Actually they take 650 manpower out of your military reserves to operate.

I wouldnt scrap Hydro plants. They are free energy. They dont require any raw materials to operate. I wouldnt go hog wild and start building them but I wouldnt recommend scrapping those already built either.
Avindian
Sergeant

Post by Avindian »

Is there absolutely any possibility that this shortage will resolve itself?

hundane: Do supply depots still require IND to build? I have spare manpower right now, and I highly doubt I'll get into any wars any time soon.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Is there absolutely any possibility that this shortage will resolve itself?
That kinda depends on how you play the game. If you constantly buy up all the IG's on the market then how are the AI regions going build anything?
hundane: Do supply depots still require IND to build? I have spare manpower right now, and I highly doubt I'll get into any wars any time soon.
IIRC every facility has a IG cost to build. It will tell how many IG's in the build menu pop-up as well as other info. I think the Supply Depots are around 3100t.
Avindian
Sergeant

Post by Avindian »

Okay. Thanks again!
NukemRico
Lieutenant

Post by NukemRico »

Hundane wrote: That kinda depends on how you play the game. If you constantly buy up all the IG's on the market then how are the AI regions going build anything?
That would be a devious strategy. any countries that cant make their own IG's get starved out. :D
Lost control and went off the steep learning curve.
Spookyashell
Warrant Officer

Post by Spookyashell »

NukemRico wrote:
Hundane wrote: That kinda depends on how you play the game. If you constantly buy up all the IG's on the market then how are the AI regions going build anything?
That would be a devious strategy. any countries that cant make their own IG's get starved out. :D
I do it every game, not to starve out others, but to save myself. As USA I stockpile agriculture, timber, petrol, energy, and the 3 goods from day one. I go about $600M + daily and use everything $ on building and stockpiling the first 2 years. Then I'm selfsurficient and don't have to rely on others for anything.
Thats important coz the markets always crash. Demand is always higher than supply in this game after a few years in.

Also the goods I stockpiled for say $1000 a ton in 1950, I can sell for $11000 a ton in 1952. Profit :)
gavco98uk
Warrant Officer

Post by gavco98uk »

I just started playing this game on Friday, and had a similar problem on my first game with Saudi Arabia - I couldnt build anything due to lack of industrial capacity.

I couldnt finish an Industrial Large due to lack of goods, but Industrial Medium would build, so I started building some of them. However, after searching on another forum, someone mentioned that venezuala had a surplus and was willing to trade. Sure enough, I was able to buy 20,000 tons from Venezuala, which was then enough to finish an Industrial Large, and solve my production problems.

After that I managed to become self sufficient. I now stockpile IG on a large scale, I thought about trading them, as the price is sky high, much higher and more profitable than oil, but I figured every other nation is probably in the situation I was just in - unable to build anything due to a shortage of goods. Therefore I decided to stock pile them and stop other nations developing :D

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”