Has anyones spies ever Successfully completed a mission

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

IceCold
Lieutenant

Has anyones spies ever Successfully completed a mission

Post by IceCold »

with out getting caught? Because no matter what they always seem to get caught... Mine never even finish the mission, They just get caught. ALWAYS |O
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Has anyones spies ever Successfully completed a mission

Post by KesslerK09 »

Really? I have the opposite effect. I want to get caught to build up CB, but my spies always complete the mission successfully.

What country are you sending your spies to? The bigger more powerful countries have counter measures against spies. Try sending a spy to a third world nation and see what happens.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

I've seen both.. there are many factors. Law enforcement spending, Counter intellegence rating (security bureaus and idle spies in a nation). But I have seen some instances where All my spies fail.. whether this is statistical failure or a bug who knows (thats something I can't look at so your guess is as good as mine). I can say I had to bump up espionage efficiency to ~+9000% before I saw an espionage mission (stealing of a tech or unit design) suceed in 1/200 tries, sabatoge on the other hand is much easier.

My advice is.. espionage missions(again the theft of a tech or unit design) are useless at this point, unless your feeling extremely lucky (which is quite counter to the historical record of technology/unit schematic theft) Tu-4, Buran etc etc..

Sabotage or recon.. those type of missions are much likely to succeed. I think assassination has a better chance of success than espionage tbh
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

A lot of the tech though was reverse engineered from things that landed in the Soviet union, rather then techs stolen via espionage. So maybe reverse engineering should be able to take place then you can build that unit design.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
IceCold
Lieutenant

Post by IceCold »

So, there's no way to do it to a countries like the U.K. Or the USA? Or can i just build up intelligence buildings and build up spys and actually succeed?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

IceCold wrote:So, there's no way to do it to a countries like the U.K. Or the USA? Or can i just build up intelligence buildings and build up spys and actually succeed?
Its possible, but not practical or probable. You may get lucky once in a while, but chances are your just gonna fail everytime if your trying to steal techs/unit designs.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

mine never complete a mission but they feed me intel the entire time they're in the process of failing so it's a wash
Hakuren
Warrant Officer

Post by Hakuren »

In SRCW it is really problematic, to steal stuff. SR2020 was much easier. You just targeted some obscure location and waited patiently. Sometimes it was really silly (but funny!) when as Russia you were building hundreds of B-52s or Ticonderoga class cruisers (and vice versa - as US - hundreds of Kirovs and Tu-160s).
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

it seems that i cant even get my spies to do anything. they wont go on any missions that i send them on.it doesnt matter what country i try to send them to.
Hakuren
Warrant Officer

Post by Hakuren »

Just out of curiosity.

How many Intel. Agencies you have? And is Intel spending maxed?

Often I had to build (own) at least 2 IA before Spies finally gracefully went for a simple Recon.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

if you build more IA and SB then will that increase your chances of success? btw what is the SB for exactly since it doesnt produce spies.?

Can any of th goats comment on this?

BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Security Bureaus increase the chance of detecting and preventing espionage against your country. They also radiate strength outwards, so the closer your SB is to a targetted hex, the more likely it will affect the outcome. There was supposed to be a map filter for Counter Intel strength but there was a bit of a "communication" :roll: issue between designer and programmer on some of the intel stuff.
- David
Kailvin
Corporal

Post by Kailvin »

I see -builds the great wall of Security Bureaus between east and west germany- hehehe... Who needs bunkers anyway...
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

ok so i have built alot of IA's i had over 1000 spies just trying everything to get my spies to do they mission. i cant get them to do anything i have steam version and hardcopy and after this last update my spies wont do anything. just wondering if anyone even gets their spies to go on missions after the latest update |O
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

reapergkh wrote:ok so i have built alot of IA's i had over 1000 spies just trying everything to get my spies to do they mission. i cant get them to do anything i have steam version and hardcopy and after this last update my spies wont do anything. just wondering if anyone even gets their spies to go on missions after the latest update |O
Just sent my spies on a mission to recon in Egypt, they went, give them about a day once you give them the order for them to get there as they have to travel to that location.

Also sent them to USSR to steal tech, and they have gone, dunno if they will succeed in getting me anything tho.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”