Liberating countries after annexation?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Anatolian
Major
Human: Yes

Liberating countries after annexation?

Post by Anatolian »

I have invaded Egypt, it collapsed under the military pressure i applied and the land was automatically annexed to me. Obviously, the loyalty in that huge swath of land is not to me, due to the nature of the demographics that i invaded. Is it too late to actually re-establish Egypt? Can i liberate/colonize it AFTER automatic annexation?
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Re: Liberating countries after annexation?

Post by KesslerK09 »

As far as I know it is too late. I wish you could sell off land Ex:United States bought Alaska from the Ruskies.
IceCold
Lieutenant

Post by IceCold »

I don't get why you cant do it already..... I mean the regions are there already. There just called battle zones. Make it so you can select the battle zones you wish to liberate or make a colony out of and thats it.. Each Hex has loyalty implemented so based on that, the engine can determine what country to pop up.
Spread out domestic approval to work region b y region instead of just giving you the over all average. That way the regions you ignore and don't build anything in will start hating you and will want to break off. And with this you got a fully working system that will allow for not only making colonies and new "liberated" countries, but also a system that will allow for insurrection and such.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

I must say that I have always loved the idea of being able to purchase land... Even if it is just a few hex's, for example the ones separating you from the sea.. But I think that sadly that might be to much of an ask! It would be nice though to be able to reinstate fallen governments by recapturing their lost land after they have been annexed! I really want Greece back from the Russians! :)
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Mc_Something
Lieutenant

Post by Mc_Something »

i'd like to hear an answer from the bg-guys, cause i think - and hopefully im not alone - is a great improvement! selling hex, giving an hex to a friend, or borrow it for 20 years or something.

yeah, i have the ideas, but absolutely NO clue how to do it! :lol:
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Sadly I think that it is closer to being a majorly complicated overhaul of a mod than it is to a simple tweak, if it is possible at all... Wich I doubt because to start with you are unable to create new treaties....

But here is to wishful thinking...

Even if it is just so I can give south Korea the 7 hexes I took from north Korea, or to but a single hex from Eriteia so I can accses the annexed, now land locked, Ethiopia!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
number47
General

Post by number47 »

domcoppinger wrote:It would be nice though to be able to reinstate fallen governments by recapturing their lost land after they have been annexed!
Being able (having an option) to liberate a country after annexation (or after recapturing their lost land after they have been annexed) would be great! It would give you the option to maybe develope the country before liberating it. Which would be quite useful for the future ally :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

number47 wrote:
domcoppinger wrote:It would be nice though to be able to reinstate fallen governments by recapturing their lost land after they have been annexed!
Being able (having an option) to liberate a country after annexation (or after recapturing their lost land after they have been annexed) would be great! It would give you the option to maybe develope the country before liberating it. Which would be quite useful for the future ally :wink:
Yes, although if you are looking for a way to do this in the mean time, I have found that the following two methods work.

1. Prior to taking the capital, start construction of buildings in the land you have taken from the country, then choose to liberate them. Then provide funding as aid, not only giving them the funds to complete the constructions but also having the delightful side effect of helping maintain or develop relations between your nations.

2. Well this is the same plan really, however just leave the capital intact for as long as you can so that you can keep building facilities before eventually capturing and then liberating the country, giving them control of the facilities.

However it should be noted that these options don't allow you to build facilities post liberation whereas, unless I am much mistaken, colonising a country allows you not build facilities anywhere anytime..!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
number47
General

Post by number47 »

domcoppinger wrote:Yes, although if you are looking for a way to do this in the mean time, I have found that the following two methods work...
You are right, but it only works when conquering present enemies...I mainly want to be able to "resurrect" a fallen ally but at any moment of my choosing, not on game conditioned one. I'm more interested in developing and later "resurrecting" a fallen ally than developing defeated enemy (if I'm fighting someone, I usualy want his resources or population)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

I know what you mean, I to have a few past allies that havn't survived the hardships of global thermonuclear warfare, and whom I also wish to resurrect! If only Battle Goat could do something about this... :D
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Same here, resurecting dead allies would be extremely nice as I don't want to rule everything and at least then i can sel stuff to them/ get them to do some of the fighting.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”