Easier Diplomacy after the Cold War

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

KesslerK09
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Easier Diplomacy after the Cold War

Post by KesslerK09 »

So I played a game as Ireland. I reunited Northern Ireland by moding before playing. As everyone knows Ireland starts off neutral from the start. I spent the 50’s building my economy into a power house. By the 60’s I was leading the space race and had a decent amount of money in my treasury. South Korea took over North Korea, South Vietnam took over North Vietnam and France was at war with china. At this time I felt like I should try to align with NATO. I tried desperately to become ALIs with UK, US, Canada, and France. The only country I was aligned with was Western Germany. I gave up on trying to become ALIs with NATO nations and focused on aligning myself with some 3rd and 2nd world countries. They were neutral so it was easy to persuade them with some bribes. So around 1965 I landed on the moon, had an amazing economy and had a decent amount of weak ALIs. I would have landed on the moon sooner but my astronauts wouldn’t stop drinking on the job :lol: . I tried to become ALIs with the US and UK again with no luck. Then all of a sudden USSR collapses in 1967. The world was free from communism. I then tried to become ALIs with UK and US again and it greened up right away. Makes sense though, everyone would be less tense after the Cold War.

I’ve tried to recreate this many of times with no luck. The problem I’m running into is getting the USSR or NATO to collapse early on. My whole outlook of this game changed after my Ireland game, and not in a bad way. I’ve just learned how to approach this game differently now. Sometimes I pretend I have my own sphere of influence even though it is not represented in anyway accept for my alliance treaties. Oh well, I thought I should share my experience
Pioneer199@aol.com
Lieutenant

Re: Easier Diplomacy after the Cold War

Post by Pioneer199@aol.com »

Haven't had the ussr collapse yet, what all changes when they do? And awesome example thanks for sharing!
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

same question as pioneer. have not yet had the USSR collapse.

i've had plenty of games where i have the sphere of influence completely go to the US early and win but didn't notice anything other than the win screen. iv'e played a couple of games to 93+ and yet to see the USSR colonies go independent.
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

Nothing really happened; all the countries just seemed less agitated than normal. Russia still had its colonies, and for some odd reason its colonies were still communism even though Russia was now a democracy. I'm currently waiting for the African countries to become independent so I can rape their land of natural resources. It’s about 1978 and still waiting. No matter what I try, they never become independent.
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

As turkey I had a proxy war with ussr through the uk. Not much happens when they fall, except for a large sphere shift
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”