Favorite countries to play as??

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

warhead
Captain
Human: Yes

Favorite countries to play as??

Post by warhead »

just curious what countries people play as

i swap around most of my games are US west germany ussr uk - there are a couple of other countries i'd like to play more but it's hard for a countries that have no oil (e germ) to get the economy going
Gurc
Lieutenant

Re: Favorite countries to play as??

Post by Gurc »

Always Turkey, hehe.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Israel
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

North Vietnam for the challenge :)
Would say Bhutan too, but never managed to really "take off" with that country
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

I've only spent time with Canada, USA and USSR so far. Canada can be built into a surprising superpower.
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

It's not surprising Canada can be turned into a superpower. They have every resource and a decent population. My favorite country to play as is Argentina. They, like Canada have every resource you need with a medium sized population. Then I take over Chile and Uruguay in order to create my beautiful South American Superpower.

I wish there was a working Modern World mod that doesn’t crash every two second because I would recreate what I did in SR2020. I played as Brunei and took over the island. That island has pretty much everything you need except for Uranium. Its light on the oil, but by the time I need more I usually take over a Middle Eastern country or create synthetic oil.

Bhutan is fun too. What I usually do is tech trade like crazy, and build up a decent army. Then try to friend Korea and Japan. You can try to friend China but it’s going to cost you. Then I move my army to Japan and launch an attack on Russia. I grab all the land up until you see a huge river. Destroy as many bridges as possible via air strike. This slowed down the Russians so much I hardly got attacked. Eventually make peace with them and you have a slice of heaven. If you look you will have a boatload of oil and a decent amount of every resource.
Hakuren
Warrant Officer

Post by Hakuren »

Poland. Never played PL until recently. Great fun. First conquer Scandinavia, then East Germany, and then you have whole Western Europe to nail. After that, punishing Soviets is only a matter of time! Very fun.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

KesslerK09 wrote:It's not surprising Canada can be turned into a superpower. They have every resource and a decent population. My favorite country to play as is Argentina. They, like Canada have every resource you need with a medium sized population. Then I take over Chile and Uruguay in order to create my beautiful South American Superpower.

I wish there was a working Modern World mod that doesn’t crash every two second because I would recreate what I did in SR2020. I played as Brunei and took over the island. That island has pretty much everything you need except for Uranium. Its light on the oil, but by the time I need more I usually take over a Middle Eastern country or create synthetic oil.

Bhutan is fun too. What I usually do is tech trade like crazy, and build up a decent army. Then try to friend Korea and Japan. You can try to friend China but it’s going to cost you. Then I move my army to Japan and launch an attack on Russia. I grab all the land up until you see a huge river. Destroy as many bridges as possible via air strike. This slowed down the Russians so much I hardly got attacked. Eventually make peace with them and you have a slice of heaven. If you look you will have a boatload of oil and a decent amount of every resource.
[_]OT If your having crashing problems running my mod make sure your fully updated. Old versions of SRCW are not compatible with it and the only known crashing issue is caused by trying to run it on old or pirated copies.

Also there's the the global crisis conversion I made, thats an exact copy of the GC scenario from 2020. Again though you need an updated/non pirate copy of SRCW.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

It's up to date and I purchased it off of steam... IDK, i'll give it another shot.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

KesslerK09 wrote:It's up to date and I purchased it off of steam... IDK, i'll give it another shot.
The only thing I can think of if your fully up to date is not having it installed properly. You unzip the file into the same folder your srcw.exe is in. (your honestly the first report of any crashing issues I've had, the only reason i know older versions crash is I have an older version installed along side my normal version for testing etc.)
Although Steam isn't fully up to date. (the steam version is still at 7.2.1, current version is 7.2.2.) I just tested in version 7.2.1 and saw no issue. Make sure you have the newest version of the mod as well. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Anteep
Lieutenant

Post by Anteep »

Greece is fun sometimes. It is nice to run the country properly.
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

My favorite would be Sri Lanka because I like to invade the Indian ocean territories :D
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

North Vietnam. Great challenge. And south africa.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
mr.playa
Lieutenant

Post by mr.playa »

Syria
its year 1551 and i have defeated Israel :)
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

LOL :lol: 1551? You mean 1951.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”