Update 2 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Update 2 Available

Post by Chesehead »

One quick thought. Perhaps for unit varients, the research time could be reduced? Your not creating a new unit design out of thin air, instead your simply modifing one for the most part.
vahadar
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by vahadar »

Well, mars 1950 with North Vietnam
very high volatility, very hard military, hard diplomacy and hard economy

Thanks to the proxy bug China (who jumped into the french-NV war) is being busted by France allies (mainly americans and italians), and cant even return fire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: |O

I'm holding my last 7 hex on the map hehe, when i managed to conquer back all North Vietnam before french allies came to the rescue (which i cant shoot at, unless they are in my territory) that was fun while it lasted... surviving thanks to some UN cash funding, not sure how long thou ^^ i feel cold :D

Please fix that proxy bug in colonies its ruining the game hehe [_]B

(as you can see France's allies are attacking mainly from territory owned by South Vietnam, or Laos, and little part by France itself. In this game i'm at war with France, Laos and SV. China is also at war with them all. USA, Belgium, UK and Italian are also present in number, some Dutch and Portuguese too).

France and allies blob in action using the proxy bug (attacking from SV in China)

USA is seriously getting a high k/d ratio thx to this [_]O :D

Have the save if needed but i guess it obvious now ;)
Last edited by vahadar on Nov 03 2011, edited 8 times in total.
IceCold
Lieutenant

Post by IceCold »

is it me or is the game speed slower now? I could of sworn that it was faster b4.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Colonies could rebel under the proper circumstances.

Liberate/annex/colonize choices only come at the time of conquest with Update 2. Possible feature for later is to choose to liberate.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

IceCold wrote:is it me or is the game speed slower now? I could of sworn that it was faster b4.
it does because there are more units at the start. start with no units because countries now build military units for the most part. one exception is NK in one of my games they didn't do anything but i don't really care about that.
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Why can I not see my own garrison count and the count of my colonies??? This happens in every game after I look at my colonies cities, the garrison box disappears permanently for both colonies and my home country...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LiKaapstad on Nov 04 2011, edited 1 time in total.
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vahadar wrote:
Fistalis wrote: Edit: Seems to extend to all colonies. The proxy of a parent nation you are at war with is considered neutral. Its less noticeable on other nations simply because when you take a hex they are now in your territory and you can attack them.

I have just noticed in my current game that China has declared war on Laos, then France on China, and american/italian and so on (french allies) units hitting China arent fired back at by China.
So this seem to be more general than just Vietnam as Fistalis is suggesting.
But they are attacking from colonies, like I said.. the Issue extends to all colonies. Its an issue with attacking from colony territory and the proxy not being handled correctly. :lol:

vahadar wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
* France can attack NV from SV territory or flying from SV airfields

This isn't entirely true.. A parent nations Aircraft cannot launch from a colony airbase.. it must be an airbase controlled by the parent. (it will stop at the border and return to base if launched from a colony owned airbase)

Actually this is a bit incorrect ;)

Try and play as North Vietnam, you'll see that those Airacobra France has in Hanoi will soon bomb your face when you get close to the city or around ;) And they take off from a SV airfield.

But you might be right that the french plane might stop at the border, though when i conquered Bac Ninh (NE of Hanoi) they were still bombing me.
the AI might not be limited by it.. but the player is. Try and play as france and attack north vietnam by basing your planes out of south vietnam. They will attack on the border but will not go into enemy territory to bomb. Hitting the border and immediately turning around to RTB.

As above this is true for all colonies. It can be repeated and recreated when playing as the U.K and attacking south africa from botswana as in my above example as well. (or any other nation with a colony)

Its fully correct from a player perspective. :wink:

Heres a small video showing it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16692168/AIrbug.mp4

Starting a new thread in support so we don't totally highjack this thread with Colony/proxy issues lol.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SouLaRebeLs
Lieutenant

Post by SouLaRebeLs »

Well gonna update my trainer soon
SRCWHelper (A Developed trainer)!!
[]-[]-[]
Bunch of word is suck, Bunch of code is art.. how it can be ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:
Vuk-Wolf wrote:I found out a issue thats not fixed but it says it is in change log.
After gaining independence countries STILL don't clear treaties.
Found out with first 2 (Eritrea and Libya), after gaining independence they are still allied with UK
Could be, but I did check this. I was sure I saw the treaties removed...
confirmed, still broken, not sure how I missed this one, sorry.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

dbraaker wrote:Snip picture of a merchant marine traffic jam.
I just uploaded a mod thats an exact copy of cold war with my merchant marine fix in it. (made better by balt pointing out there was a lower spotting value I could set them at) :wink:
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Started a new Update 2 game... Wow, the US sure has a lot of forces fighting N.V for not being in a war... and N.V fell completely by Dec 1949.

Edit: then a war erupted between France/Laos/S.V and China... Kind of funny seeing all of those Chinese and US transports moving side by side to the warzone.
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

One bug seems to be Naval Forces get caught up near China, just North of Haikou (in between the island and mainland), tons of ships seem to be stuck there spinning.
Herbzie
Corporal

Post by Herbzie »

Balthagor wrote:Colonies could rebel under the proper circumstances.

Liberate/annex/colonize choices only come at the time of conquest with Update 2. Possible feature for later is to choose to liberate.

That is a very cool concept, hope to see that implemented!
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

aegisx wrote:One bug seems to be Naval Forces get caught up near China, just North of Haikou (in between the island and mainland), tons of ships seem to be stuck there spinning.
Confirmed in my game too, many South Korean ships (allied with France and invading NV), and Chinese (war with sK and France) are stuck right there.
Fistalis wrote: I just uploaded a mod thats an exact copy of cold war with my merchant marine fix in it. (made better by balt pointing out there was a lower spotting value I could set them at) :wink:
Fistalis, do we need to restart a game for your "stealth" MM mod to work?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vahadar wrote:
aegisx wrote:One bug seems to be Naval Forces get caught up near China, just North of Haikou (in between the island and mainland), tons of ships seem to be stuck there spinning.
Confirmed in my game too, many South Korean ships (allied with France and invading NV), and Chinese (war with sK and France) are stuck right there.
Fistalis wrote: I just uploaded a mod thats an exact copy of cold war with my merchant marine fix in it. (made better by balt pointing out there was a lower spotting value I could set them at) :wink:
Fistalis, do we need to restart a game for your "stealth" MM mod to work?
It only takes effect if you use the scenario that comes with it. I could have had it copy over the original but decided against that.
So yes.. you'll have to start a new game using the merchant marine fix scenario.(which is an exact copy of the Default Campaign other than the merchant marine values so its pretty much like choosing sandbox mode, with a longer name :wink: )

Any further questions can be posted in the thread for it. http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 65&t=19355
Don't like highjacking an official thread. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”