Buying unit designes. (non tradeable techs)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Tioz
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Buying unit designes. (non tradeable techs)

Post by Tioz »

Why is it not possible anymore to buy every unit designe of a other nation. For example from the Russians the AN-225. In all my SR Games this the first air plain i buy.

Sure they should be really expensive or only buy able for allies but it should be possible.
It sucks in Sandbox mode to always be forced to play the US for the best Weapon systems. The Multible / Worldwide stuff sucks mostly.

Of maybe spying them ?

Licensed Production ?

I really dont like not being able to have the Units i want, no matter how much effort i put into getting them. how do you guy think about not trade able techs ?

/edit
Or finally the unit trading works better. Like "Sell me 10 of you AN-225" or even better. Build 10 AN-225 for me, will pay you 200m ...
trebor
Captain

Re: Buying unit designes. (non tradeable techs)

Post by trebor »

If it's the AN-225 that you're after then you will have to wait until later in the game as it wasn't built until the 80's irl. If it's just units in general that aren't available then it's probably that you don't have the right techs researched for that particular design.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Unit designs require more "non-tradable" technologies than in previous titles. You can't buy the ability to make advanced aircraft, you have to learn it. Then you can buy whatever advanced aircraft design you like. This system replaced the previous "tech level" system.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Unit designs require more "non-tradable" technologies than in previous titles. You can't buy the ability to make advanced aircraft, you have to learn it. Then you can buy whatever advanced aircraft design you like. This system replaced the previous "tech level" system.
To summarize you still can but you need to research some of the techs yourself. (there is a known bug involving known techs and trading though which could cause issues. Fixed in update 2? )
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Tioz
Sergeant

Post by Tioz »

Balthagor wrote:Unit designs require more "non-tradable" technologies than in previous titles. You can't buy the ability to make advanced aircraft, you have to learn it. Then you can buy whatever advanced aircraft design you like. This system replaced the previous "tech level" system.
oh nice, thanks for the quest answer. Didt know this jet
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

Canada has some sweet units 8)
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

with the caveat that stubborn players from opposing blocs may make it impossible or at best prohibitively expensive to do so? e.g. as Canada I'd rather use Tupolev Bears for ASW patrolling than Dash-7s or P-3s?

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”