Will this invasion work?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LiKaapstad
Colonel
Human: Yes

Will this invasion work?

Post by LiKaapstad »

Hello,

I have played Supreme Ruler for way too many years, but this tactic is something I have never tried.
Basic Info:
My country is Brazil. 2.4 million army (mostly garrisons but alot of paratroopers aswell)
My future enemy is Argentia, 100,000 army size (mostly garrisons I THINK)

Could I take them over by just landing paratroopers and maybe some fighter planes for air support?
I really dont have a mobile army other than paratroopers...
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Will this invasion work?

Post by SoB »

Yes this will work. And if you have hellos it will work better because then you can move non airborne units around and you are less depended or airstrips or airbabses. My airborne Division mainly uses cargo planes due to the amount they can carry and the helicopters are relegated to a small number of special forces (reaction force) and my non airborne units mainly artillery(do not leave home with out them) air defense(MANPADS if you have heavy air support not needed). All so through in engineers(air born if you have but normal foot is ok) to repair those runways.

Lastly do not ignore airborne vehicles they can be great for capturing small lightly defended locations with out the need for a air assault.

You must have air support
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

To back up what SoB said yea it most definately works personally i'd have tried to get hold of Special Ops or Mountain Infantry rather than the bog standard paras but meh...

Your gonna need alot of aircover as those paras will run out of supplies and be ready to get reinforcements to positions your taking...

Fighter-Bombers and Transport planes should be all thats needed but i've not invaded Argentina yet so don't know their Air Capacity...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
LiKaapstad
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by LiKaapstad »

I thank you both. ^^ Now I can set up a good invasion by air. I did a simulation just to see what there air power was like. They have a very small air force luckily :-)
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

AAR
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
dbraaker
Lieutenant

Post by dbraaker »

LiKaapstad wrote:Hello,

I have played Supreme Ruler for way too many years, but this tactic is something I have never tried.
Basic Info:
My country is Brazil. 2.4 million army (mostly garrisons but alot of paratroopers aswell)
My future enemy is Argentia, 100,000 army size (mostly garrisons I THINK)

Could I take them over by just landing paratroopers and maybe some fighter planes for air support?
I really dont have a mobile army other than paratroopers...

paradropping is actually the easiest strategy to win wars in sr. much easier than naval invasions actually. combining them works great too ofc. just gain air superiority quickly and drop-blob special forces, green-barets or what ever you've got in huge amounts right into their cities. be sure to have helicopters ready for the second and third waves and for redeploying your troops from areas without airfields

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”