Reunification of germany and loyality

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Chris30
Warrant Officer

Reunification of germany and loyality

Post by Chris30 »

Hi,

I wanted to ask how loyalty works. Are there other variables such as culture or language that will influence loyalty or are other countries just heartless foreign countries without history? What if I annex as West-Germany East-Germany or Austria? Are there specific regions more loyal to a country than other regions like Alsace-Lorraine for germany and france?

Another question: Is there actually an option or an event to German reunification or other diplomatic action for peaceful annexation under certain conditions i.e. same culture?
warhead
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Reunification of germany and loyality

Post by warhead »

has anybody gotten past 89 90 winning as the US without using the endday cheat to speed up the game? i haven't yet. is their a soviet collapse and it turns into russia or what happens, if anything.
pzkpfw
Sergeant

Post by pzkpfw »

It's a very good question and I think that would be correct have the same loyalty also for:
Communist China - Nationalist China
North Korea - South Korea
Cuba with Guantanamo
Both Germany on some areas like Prussia and Poland borders
Romania on Bessarabia
Chris30
Warrant Officer

Post by Chris30 »

yea if its not ingame yet is it possible to mod that specific regions/hexes "share" the same loyality?

Just as a sidenote, the german translation is incomplete, inaccurate and wrong spelled. Just horrible. Among other things there are some strings messed up in the german localization due to errors with C strings and variables, e.g. most of the ministries automatization strings are missing or messed up.
The guy/s who translated SRCW seem to not have an idea where many of the strings are placed in the game, it looks even google did the job. E.g. its very unnatural to translate sphere into the german word "Kugel", which could be in its meaning an ice ball or a bullet rather than "sphere". I wouldnt concern about some misspellings but those errors seem to be sloppy and lower the quality of the product.

You know localization errors are part of the first impression made to the game tester of many magazines out there and of course to newbies, all the more by such serious and confusing translation errors. First impressions of that kind maybe lead to adverse prejudice(unfinished product) and less extensive testing which is vital for non-mainstream-supergraphics games like supreme ruler.

See here an article about SR:CW at one of the online-mags, if not THE heavy-weight online-mag in germany 4players : http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dis ... d_War.html

The author of this articles critisizes the localization right in the first chapter. This strengthened his overall impression of a game bad presented. A forum-comment by a 4players user proved the low unenthusiastic intensity of the test: he told the tester to disable initiative and lock the war minister to get command of the troops, contrary to the tester`s statement that you are unable to take fully command of your troops.

I know its all but not my responsibility. But i do love BG for one thing they make very specific good games and for another thing their very positive way of communication, community interaction and post-realease product support. I would love to see that phenomenon in the far future and for that please just dont let those "little" things with an evil impact happen. Im sure you would have found some fanboys doing the translation for you if money was an issue, at least i would have been in for that.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”