Update 2 ETA ?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ricardocascaldi
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Update 2 ETA ?

Post by ricardocascaldi »

Oh my God :-(

Next weekend I'll be doing tests for the University!

That's bad.....
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

kids... keep it clean please....
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

Balthagor wrote:So, in case anyone wondered why I don't like to give timelines...

Testing has found a few more bugs in the "liberate/colonize" code and the compiler is doing strange things (Debug: naval AI fine. Development ver: naval AI all goofy. Thanks Microsoft :evil: ) so we won't make the weekend. Next potential target: sometime next week.
thanks for the update. glad you guys are working hard on this feature.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Tell me it is not so. Lie to me and say you are updating on Saturday (duty tomorrow). Pleas tell me this is a nightmare or a sick joke??
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

Hands up if you suspected this anyway :D ,

As for the "Kids keep it clean" moderation and what I would class as a humerous post being just about as rude as a James Bond Love Scene, being removed = "come on", don't be so draconian. Only my Grandmother would tell me to close my eyes at those parts. Draken, how old are you by the way ? you Prude you :wink: !

Anyway, back to topic, whilst this is somewhat sad that we will not be blowing hrs and hrs on this game this weekend, is there any chance of some good news e.g. what you know will be in the next update, e.g. what has been implemented without little actual rik that it will cause issues (UI improvements?, new units / techs? or options?
USknight
Corporal

Post by USknight »

Thanks for the Update.

I looking forward to this. Keep up your hard work. It won't be long until I can load up SR:CW and start fighting the good fight.

I appreciate your efforts, BG.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In Draken's defense, we do get some 10-15 year old forum members. This should be a "family" level forum for the most part.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

I was not being serious :P

Bye the way, I apologise for my thread and forgot it was a place where young children may visit.

Anyway never mind Drakens defence, he/she can hold their own, what about some cushioning the blow :wink:
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

goulash

It's "he" and my age is posted in this forum....And yes, I can hold my own, this is not the only forum were I'm part of the moderators team but, definitely, it is the easier one to moderate....Mostly the moderation is limited to remove spam....

This is a very nice forum, where some interesting and adult discussions can take place and, in that regard, it is a very unique place... I know it takes some time to get use to it :-)

Now, let's get back to the original topic ...
-
-
Voltaire
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Draken wrote:goulash

It's "he" and my age is posted in this forum....And yes, I can hold my own, this is not the only forum were I'm part of the moderators team but, definitely, it is the easier one to moderate....Mostly the moderation is limited to remove spam....

This is a very nice forum, where some interesting and adult discussions can take place and, in that regard, it is a very unique place... I know it takes some time to get use to it :-)

Now, let's get back to the original topic ...
Adult discussions ... ?

And by that you infer that the basic premise and tenet is that grown-ups are willing and able to debate in an interesting and adult way ... most politicians seem determined to prove you wrong :lol:

At any rate then even though it gives me a headache, then the upside for me is that I wont be tempted to play it on my birthday, which my wife and daughter probably wouldnt be too pleased about. :D

ON a more serious note, then even though I cant wait to really start playing the game, then I would MUCH rather like to have a worked-through and functioning patch which in this case is actually also an update than a half-baked attempt.

Worst case being like when CA/Sega tried to update Shogun 2: Total war and basically made the game unplayable through shoddy programming and non-existing product testing ...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for understanding. The rules for the changes to the proxy system and for the addition of the new "liberate/colonize/annex" system have taken us longer than expected. At least that compiler glitch has been worked out.

Liberating a region after you conquer it creates a big shift in relations to that region, looks to have the potential to create some interesting changes in map relations...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

nick-bang wrote:

Adult discussions ... ?

And by that you infer that the basic premise and tenet is that grown-ups are willing and able to debate in an interesting and adult way ... most politicians seem determined to prove you wrong :lol:
While I agree with you in the politicians statement, well, that was not what I said :wink: go read my post again :D

@Chris,

Can you say how the new system will work when liberating regions captured by other regions?

Let's say that player is playing Israel, and AI Turkey captures AI Lebanon ... Then player goes into was with Turkey and captures all the territory that was part of Lebanon. Will the player get the option to colonize, liberate or annex Lebanon? Also, let say that Turkey fall into player hands, will the player have the options of what to do with the regions captured by Turkey?
-
-
Voltaire
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Draken wrote:
nick-bang wrote:

Adult discussions ... ?

While I agree with you in the politicians statement, well, that was not what I said :wink: go read my post again :D

@Chris,

Can you say how the new system will work when liberating regions captured by other regions?

Let's say that player is playing Israel, and AI Turkey captures AI Lebanon ... Then player goes into was with Turkey and captures all the territory that was part of Lebanon. Will the player get the option to colonize, liberate or annex Lebanon? Also, let say that Turkey fall into player hands, will the player have the options of what to do with the regions captured by Turkey?
I have a sneaky suspicion that once a country has been annexed it will get no more options when conquering it. Since the trigger is a nation being defeated. Although getting the option for any annexed countries when defeating the controlling nation would be nice. So lets hope i'm wrong. :D
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Yeah, that would be my guess too... But since they keep track of who the original owner of the hex was, then, in theory, restoring the original region is possible... Or at least part of region... Also, they have the code to pick a capital...

I think that the backend pieces are in place to implement this but the tricky part would be integrating it in the UI...

1991 Gulf War and liberating Kuwait anyone? :)
-
-
Voltaire
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

still too early to say, some of the rules could change if testing shows problems.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”