More Supreme Ruler games?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Niko465
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: More Supreme Ruler games?

Post by Niko465 »

SR Zombie and SR Alien remain the best ideas.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Airplanegod88888888
Corporal

Re: More Supreme Ruler games? New supreme ruler or update

Post by Airplanegod88888888 »

First there was ruler 2010 then supreme ruler 2020 then supreme ruler cold war And now a supreme ruler 2013 2014 or even a 2016! Battlegoat keep the supreme ruler series going! In this new suprme ruler you will have an enhanced version of supreme ruler 2020 with some elements form supreme ruler cold war like the liberate,colony,and annexe options when you or the AI takes some one over.many more elements form SR CW. The AI will be improved. Island nation AIs will do massive sea invations, The AI can brake agreements with others( If you made a alliance with let's say Russia and russia is has an alliance with Denmark and Denmark declares war on you Russia may brake the alliance with Denmark and declare war on Denmark or brake your alliance and declare war on you depending on your relations) The AI will no longer have more then half ther army away from the frount lines or send one tank at a time. The AI will use the right amount of tanks while having a good defence at there cities towns and capital and a good amount of attacking force( so if India gos to war with Pakistan India will take over Pakistan and then take over Bangladesh and not stalling).
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

How about Supreme Ruler: Wizard of Oz Vs Roadrunner?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

For something completely different, I'd love to see a Supreme Ruler with a Civ-like random map generator. You start with one very small city/region and work your way up to world domination. Start with SRCW tech and work your way up, but on a different world map every time.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Aragos wrote:For something completely different, I'd love to see a Supreme Ruler with a Civ-like random map generator. You start with one very small city/region and work your way up to world domination. Start with SRCW tech and work your way up, but on a different world map every time.
Now this would be interesting.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

SGTscuba wrote:
Aragos wrote:For something completely different, I'd love to see a Supreme Ruler with a Civ-like random map generator. You start with one very small city/region and work your way up to world domination. Start with SRCW tech and work your way up, but on a different world map every time.
It would be a real game changer (pun intended) for BG. Get out of the upgrading of the same 2010 system and move to better sales with a wider market. Plus, you could have different sized worlds, different types (all islands? no water? desert world?). If they added in way to edit the map (ala Civ) that would be awesome.
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

SGTscuba wrote:
I think that would be fascinating as well.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Supreme Ruler Internet Forum Moderator.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

PyongYang wrote:Supreme Ruler Internet Forum Moderator.
I play that game, trust me, it's not much fun :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

You 4x guys should check out Distant Worlds published by Matrix, bet you hadn't heard of it eh?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=782

It is really good, and its fans love it. They all seem to think it is way better than any of the more mainstream 4x space games. I own it (and some of the other 4x space games) but just cannot get into it.

I find the graphics lacking, but in terms of game engine, it does remind me of SR.

A game that somehow INTEGRATED (more-or-less) what we get in SR at the planetary scale and what we get in DW at the interplanetary scale would be mind blowing, but probably would never happen for various reasons *sigh*

Personally, what I would like to see BG do is:

1. Get SRCW into as good a shape as SR2020 Gold. I am new to the series and only started playing SR in the past month or so = my first experience was SR2020 Gold. Obviously, no game is ever 'perfect' and the more you play them (particularly complex strategy games) the more you realize their limitations. But I still stand by my initial query/speculation: SR2020 Gold just might be the best Strategy and Tactics Game EVER. It is astoundingly good. You old timers who have been through SR through its whole development and maybe haven't gone back and played SR2020 for a while, you should fire it up and play a vanilla game with your favorite settings. When you play a game all through its post-release polishing/developing you can burn out on it, but from my perspective SR2020 in its _final_ state as released in Gold represents just about the pinnacle of a game. I hope they keep polishing SRCW till they get it to that stage too. I inherently dislike _some_ of the new GUI and interface elements in SRCW relative to SR2020, but overall it is a great game that just needs a bit more tweaking.

2. After that, I'd like to see what they have an interest in doing, but if I could suggest something it would be: Age of European Discovery, say start with the defeat of the Spanish Armada and extend the tech tree all the way up through that in SR2020? This would I suspect follow along with their strategic business model so far = extend the game model into the near future, then backwards into the near past, next step? --> further into the less near past. An historical turning point just before the European nations really got into colonizing the rest of the world would seem to be a good, though perhaps too ambitious, point to extend back to. Most of the game dynamics would still work fine going all the way back to that point, but obviously there would need to be an enormous expansion on the tech/unit/culture/events database and innumerable adjustments to combat values and such.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I admit, it would be fun to have a colonization-type game using the SR system. There never has been a RTS game like that before (I don't count Age of Empires, et al, as they were really just one map games) that allows you to play on a global scale. Would be fun to start at 1500 or so and go until 2100.
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

Aragos wrote:I admit, it would be fun to have a colonization-type game using the SR system. There never has been a RTS game like that before (I don't count Age of Empires, et al, as they were really just one map games) that allows you to play on a global scale. Would be fun to start at 1500 or so and go until 2100.
That would be cool. Less number of units would make the slower land units and sea vessels move faster, because the game would flow faster. Maybe?
farrellmeister
Lieutenant

Post by farrellmeister »

Supreme ruler: BC. Buy now and get Supreme Ruler: AD half price!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I seriously wonder if you could mod a 1500AD game from the current system. The problem would be making "new" cities, etc. You could do it by event (e.g., 1610, a British town pops up in Virginia, etc.). Another option is to have existing towns, cities, etc. but have them controlled by native tribes (you could mod in native tribes as "countries").

Hmm....
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Aragos wrote:I seriously wonder if you could mod a 1500AD game from the current system. The problem would be making "new" cities, etc. You could do it by event (e.g., 1610, a British town pops up in Virginia, etc.). Another option is to have existing towns, cities, etc. but have them controlled by native tribes (you could mod in native tribes as "countries").

Hmm....
I'm an anthropologist by trade Aragos. I played Civ 3 for many years and when Civ4 was in development, I expressed on forums that what I thought the game needed was to be able to run 'realistic' true planet sized maps with squares or hexes that were in the 25m across size range, and in which resources were represented in actual ratio-scale units, where the units were represented as battalions, etc.

Imagine my surprise when I learned of Supreme Ruler! :-)

One thought that I had, which is way, waaayy out there, was a Supreme Ruler, Civilization style 'mod.'

The settlements would be the real trick, as the AI never seems to build them and if he did, he'd probably do a crap job. However, the idea would be to extend the "unit designs" and the "tech tree" all the way back to the Neolithic! :D

If the game engine can handled fractions as unit stats, then it might even be possible to add in all the unit designs without having to retroactively re-level all the modern ones. Say for example a Late Stone Age "Warrior" might just look about like a _really_ weak militia with a Close Combat attack strength of 0.02 and defense of 0.03 and cost of "$0.1" [_]B

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”