More Supreme Ruler games?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swarfega
Sergeant
Human: Yes

More Supreme Ruler games?

Post by swarfega »

Do you have plans for more games in the series. Like perhaps ancient Rome, or a fantasy one on Atlantis.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: More Supreme Ruler games?

Post by tkobo »

Theyve had very loose plans for a space 4x like game,some of us kinda hoped thats what we were going to get this time.
---
Oh and lets not forget,for if money ever gets tight and they need a mainstream big seller "Supreme Ruler Bimbo Bikers".
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Roland040
Colonel

Post by Roland040 »

Well im not too keen on another space empire game, got enough of those; same with anymore WW2 strategy games - Leave that to the HOI series etc. Periods i wouldnt mind is maybe pre WW1 from the rise of Bismarck's Prussia to the end of WW1 - a more up to date Diplomacy game. Maybe a decent world strategy game dealing with the Napoleonic period. No more ACW games for awhile. One period i would like to see covered more indepth, i know the EU3 game roughly covers this period, is the end of the Medieval period to the end of the Renaissance era. With all the patchwork of states and the dynastic power struggles and the emergence of modern warfare that should make an interesting game. Theres the end of Alexander the Great's reign when his generals fought over the Middle east up to the rise of Rome. Thats all i can think of for now.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Id like very much to see BG take on a remake of Emperor of the Fading Suns.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Supreme Ruler: Kublai Khan would be different...
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Supreme Ruler: Roller Derby Wreckers
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Supreme Ruler Compton
sugarkane
Lieutenant

Post by sugarkane »

Xbwalker wrote:Supreme Ruler Compton
Grand strategy gangster game, i like that.... So much potential
Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair

George Burns
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

I would like to see: Supreme Ruler 2015, 64bit.
Croy
Corporal

Post by Croy »

Supreme Ruler: 2450 Apocalypse (based on Gamma World)
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

I think a space based game might have potential in the future, but it will have to drastically change the game engine and pretty much everything else about the game. Plus, your competing with Swords of stars 2 and Galatic Civs, which are pretty successful in that genrea
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

i never heard of the supreme ruler series till i saw something on steam for the cold war. i've played the hearts of iron 3 demo but like the way this is played much better. this game's entire layout is perfect for modern day (1900+) strategy games.

if there is going to be another game (after this is patched a lot hopefully) WW2 or pre WW1 starting dates would be great. i don't think this game would do well in roman times though. the total war/ EU series is good for earlier time periods, and the supreme ruler series is perfect for modern/future.
peanuts12
Lieutenant

Post by peanuts12 »

Chesehead wrote:I think a space based game might have potential in the future, but it will have to drastically change the game engine and pretty much everything else about the game. Plus, your competing with Swords of stars 2 and Galatic Civs, which are pretty successful in that genrea
A space-based SR would stand-out if it was more of a real-time rather than a turn-based strategy game. I'm kinda curious what the BG folks would come up with.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

peanuts12 wrote:
Chesehead wrote:I think a space based game might have potential in the future, but it will have to drastically change the game engine and pretty much everything else about the game. Plus, your competing with Swords of stars 2 and Galatic Civs, which are pretty successful in that genrea
A space-based SR would stand-out if it was more of a real-time rather than a turn-based strategy game. I'm kinda curious what the BG folks would come up with.
The other problem is you lose the ability to customize your unit as well.

Another thing I thought of is if they actually get a decent space and land engine combat going. It seems like a lot of the space based strategy games leave behind the ground aspect, so if they could somehow come up with a good way to fuse the two together, it would be kind of cool...

Also to stand out, It would be cool if its a "hard" space based game, that uses relativly grounded science principles and FTL travel theories instead of just handwaving it. I see potential for it, though the hexes might prove to be a bit of an issue, and so would the scale as well, as the AI would defently need some lovin to handle the bigger scale of things.
peanuts12
Lieutenant

Post by peanuts12 »

Chesehead wrote:
peanuts12 wrote:
The other problem is you lose the ability to customize your unit as well.

Another thing I thought of is if they actually get a decent space and land engine combat going. It seems like a lot of the space based strategy games leave behind the ground aspect, so if they could somehow come up with a good way to fuse the two together, it would be kind of cool...

Also to stand out, It would be cool if its a "hard" space based game, that uses relativly grounded science principles and FTL travel theories instead of just handwaving it. I see potential for it, though the hexes might prove to be a bit of an issue, and so would the scale as well, as the AI would defently need some lovin to handle the bigger scale of things.
Heh, when you said that, I was reminded of EVE Online and Dust 514 :) .

But yeah, that would be interesting. I don't know of any other game that has tried that. I wanna be Mars and take over Earth :) .

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”