Building Improvements

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MacDglas
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Building Improvements

Post by MacDglas »

Would just like to say well done to BG studios for a great game. Thank YOU!

I only have a few questions to ask, so here it goes.

1) Why is agriculture, timber and mineral production so primitive in SRCW?

2) Why are there few new improvements that I can build for these sectors?

3) Is there anything being done or going to be done about this problem? (Add new techs, improvements for the player to build).

I'm concerned about this because even though the game is set during the cold war, as countries develop better and more efficient techs, surely better and more efficient ways of producing food, mining and logging would come too? Since it doesn't make sense for a very highly developed country later on to have all the best weapons techs, power techs, yet still can't meet demand of raw materials, produce etc because the only available buildings they have are still using medieval techniques to harvest these raw materials.
Surely there should be a better means of farming or tech that would increase yield output of farms, mines, timber since we must all understand that time doesn't sit still and times move on. Even in the real world of today, there are new and improved methods of increasing food yields through genetics, mechanisation and irrigation. There are even farms in the desert and in the seas, even timber has an alternative, so why can't we implement this into the game?

The reason why I'm concerned is also due to the fact that I'm finding it very hard to run a country that has been over built with farms all over the place, simply because the production of these farms isn't enough. So that I can better utilize what resources I have, not end up filling my entire country with improvements, simply because the output of certain improvements are very poor.

Pls don't get me wrong because I do really understand the amount of time that you'd have to spend just to create new improvements, but for the time being, if there is anyway of modding or tweaking the facilities, so that I can increase the output of one farm, then it would be great if someone could show me how to.
Hundane
General

Re: Building Improvements

Post by Hundane »

I'm concerned about this because even though the game is set during the cold war
Are you talking about the SR Cold War or the SR2010 ? If your asking about CW info, your in the wrong forum.
MacDglas
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Building Improvements

Post by MacDglas »

Hundane wrote:
I'm concerned about this because even though the game is set during the cold war
Are you talking about the SR Cold War or the SR2010 ? If your asking about CW info, your in the wrong forum.
Your right, sorry! Will move this now, thanks. :)

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”