Cheat Engine Table

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

makotech222
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Cheat Engine Table

Post by makotech222 »

I'm not updating the old table, i'm make a new one. And i wouldn't know how to update it anyways, my knowledge of assembly is minimal.
Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Post by Overlord »

Updated for update 3, see first post.
Overlord
Grenxa
Corporal

Post by Grenxa »

Thank you Overlord :-)

Smurfy
Sergeant

Post by Smurfy »

Quite an entertaining little occurrence I've found, tested on two computers. When using Cheat Engine to adjust values or freezing them, at some point all nations bar a few like USSR, USA, North Vietnam, France begin to fall all at once. The territory is then divided up amongst the remaining powers until shortly after, they too fall and the player wins. No idea what causes it, even adjusting values (cash and research tested) by a small amount seem to trigger this event. It also never happened for me before Update 3. This happened with Makotech's table but I figured Overlord's wouldn't do this since previous versions worked.
Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Post by Overlord »

Smurfy wrote:Quite an entertaining little occurrence I've found, tested on two computers. When using Cheat Engine to adjust values or freezing them, at some point all nations bar a few like USSR, USA, North Vietnam, France begin to fall all at once. The territory is then divided up amongst the remaining powers until shortly after, they too fall and the player wins. No idea what causes it, even adjusting values (cash and research tested) by a small amount seem to trigger this event. It also never happened for me before Update 3. This happened with Makotech's table but I figured Overlord's wouldn't do this since previous versions worked.
Can anyone confirm this? I'm currently not playing SRCW so I don't know. I know it did not happen for me in beta 3.
Maybe your install is corrupt or you are using bugged mods.
Overlord
Smurfy
Sergeant

Post by Smurfy »

Well I installed update 3 on my steam versions of the game. Both of which are unmodded and the update installed successfully on both computers. I would have thought that if my install was corrupt, I'd be seeing lots of random errors by now but so far its just this and only when using Cheat Engine.
WolfSpirit
Sergeant

Post by WolfSpirit »

WolfSpirit here and I can partially confirm the 'nations are divided' problem. It happens to me if I play the snadbox or the scenario 'Cold War'. The thing is, when I play the latest 'Modern World' by Fistalis this Glitch never occurs. Even adjusting every possible value to ludicrous levels it doesn't kill any nation in that mod.

I tried to play GDR for three times and I always get as far as finishing the first research facilities but then theres like a ridiculous chain of "... was eliminated" messages. After that , I'd win within 2 minutes.
Smurfy
Sergeant

Post by Smurfy »

WolfSpirit wrote:WolfSpirit here and I can partially confirm the 'nations are divided' problem. It happens to me if I play the snadbox or the scenario 'Cold War'. The thing is, when I play the latest 'Modern World' by Fistalis this Glitch never occurs. Even adjusting every possible value to ludicrous levels it doesn't kill any nation in that mod.

I tried to play GDR for three times and I always get as far as finishing the first research facilities but then theres like a ridiculous chain of "... was eliminated" messages. After that , I'd win within 2 minutes.
That is a much better explanation of what I've been experiencing. I tried adjusting difficulties, starting with or without units, united nations critical etc, nothing solved it. I've been working lately and can't remember if I actually had much time playing Update 3 before I started exploring tech trees and stuff with Cheat Engine, now I'm wondering if I'd get the same problem without using Cheat Engine. When I get chance, I'll test and let you know if this is indeed a CE problem or one with the scenario/sandbox or update itself.
WolfSpirit
Sergeant

Post by WolfSpirit »

It's me again WolfSpirit;

so today I tested it on another mod, the "SR 2020 Scenario Pack" by Fistalis to be exact.
The glitch didn't occur there either. As it seems the only times the problem occurs is when one plays 'vanilla Cold War'.
I'll make another test-run tommorow, only using vanilla, just to be sure I'm not talking nonsense.

I'm beginning to think the glitch isn't caused by the table. But you know the drill: 'Trial and error is the name of the game!' :wink:
Smurfy
Sergeant

Post by Smurfy »

Confirming that it has nothing to do with Cheat Engine. Just playing a normal game, got to the 6th Feb 1950 and suddenly nations began surrendering. I did nothing to tip the balance, I was quite happy getting rid of my old warships to reduce my defence spending. No idea what is causing this, but it was on sandbox.
WolfSpirit
Sergeant

Post by WolfSpirit »

Well that would explain why it doesn't happen in Fistalis mods, they're all set after 1950. Maybe someone should tell Balthagor? I could imagine it's some kind of error on a scripted event because we tested it in Sandbox mode and it's supposed to be played in Scenario mode?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Not using this cheat table but only pure vanilla...played many times well over into late '70s and never seen the bug you all are mentioning...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Smurfy
Sergeant

Post by Smurfy »

Well in this last go, Cheat Engine wasn't even loaded. It hadn't been for the entire time my system was up. I figure it may be something to do with me owning a Steam copy of the game and installing Update 3 through a manual download or something. Going to see if it changes things when Update 3 releases on steam?
WolfSpirit
Sergeant

Post by WolfSpirit »

I have another tiny thing concerning a glitch (or not). I recently played around with setting and afterwards freezing ratings, resources and money on high values to help some allied countries to get a controlled economic growth again. The problem is: at some point all values (and I mean every single one) get stuck on -2,147,483,647. I don't know whether this IS a glitch or I just set some value to too ludicrous levels? :oops:

And as every value (science, resources, money, gdp, approval ratings etc.) is stuck with aforementioned number, the research for new unit designs just stops..right..there. Other research works as before, but unit designs won't work.

For the future I'll just precautionally set all values I need to moderate levels to avoid this unfortunate gamebreaker.
Also this is no complaint against Overlord. It's only a little shoutout to every user of the table, not to set the values too high, it WILL ultimately break your game. The SR engine probably isn't pleased about values THAT high over a extended period of time.

Yours sincerely,
WolfSpirit :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

WolfSpirit wrote:WolfSpirit here and I can partially confirm the 'nations are divided' problem. It happens to me if I play the snadbox or the scenario 'Cold War'. The thing is, when I play the latest 'Modern World' by Fistalis this Glitch never occurs. Even adjusting every possible value to ludicrous levels it doesn't kill any nation in that mod.

What's GDR?

If you have a savegame of this happening, please send it. Ticket 17091 and zip please.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”