ecconomic death

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hundane
General

Re: ecconomic death

Post by Hundane »

I think the constrictions on the economy are too strict at the moment.
I disagree, Its not that hard to get your region up and running. Takes a little time, patience and planning, it is a strategy game.
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Tbh, as a player I'm finding the economy issues quite straight forward to get past (on V.Hard before anyone asks)
However, the AI is still really struggling, which has caused many countries to effectively become broke

It also looks like the AI still hasn't been coded to not throw every unit to active and conserve fuel/movement, which in itself causes a massive drain (though fuel is still plentiful in my games)
And of course, the bug that prevents domestic markups going above market price once it's reached 200% of the country manufacturing cost will be playing quite a large part as well, since it stops importers from making profits from their citizens, and with the global shortage of consumer goods with the high demand... I think that might be a big culprit
Baj00000
Sergeant

Post by Baj00000 »

Hi Hundane,

Not sure if you have played as US yet, but if you have can you help me to understand how to get past the major shortage of Oil. After a couple of months you can no longer import the excess you need as it is no longer available on the world market.

Thanks.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Lots of things you can do.

You can shut down/scrap Petro. plants. You can also raise your domestic prices to discourage use. Increasing taxes. Theres several ways to reduce your consumption.
Baj00000
Sergeant

Post by Baj00000 »

Hi Hundane,

Ok. Makes sense. But I am also short on electricity. So I need to shut down my military production and consumer production to then allow myself to shut down the petro plants....I can also raise prices on oil...All of this will lead to unpopularity with the popualtion won't it? Not to mention weakening the growth in the economy, and reducing revenue? It seems like a vicious circle... Thanks for the help... If you have anymore advice I would be happy to hear it...
GoldenMan
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by GoldenMan »

The same problem with the Soviet Union
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

I have domestic markups on the absolute maximum I can, and I have a DAR of 58.6%, so it doesn't hurt popularity that much
If it does, just keep lowering it bit by bit until you get the balance you desire
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Baj00000 wrote:Hi Hundane,

Ok. Makes sense. But I am also short on electricity. So I need to shut down my military production and consumer production to then allow myself to shut down the petro plants....I can also raise prices on oil...All of this will lead to unpopularity with the popualtion won't it? Not to mention weakening the growth in the economy, and reducing revenue? It seems like a vicious circle... Thanks for the help... If you have anymore advice I would be happy to hear it...

Yep you got to work it. I lowered electricity by shutting down the small CG and MG facilities (then ended up scrapping them) and built 1 or 3 to replace them. IIRC they use some Petro as well. Not hard to keep your people happy, I won the election with a 40%+ vote.

/hint Increase supply% and it will work wonders. More output with less stuffs.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”