Anybody having succes with influencing neutral countries?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

luraz
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Anybody having succes with influencing neutral countries?

Post by luraz »

Just wondering if u guys have success with your influence strategy, because I haven't. How long does it actually take to convince other countries to join your cause?
I mean, I am trying to convert Egypt now with Soviets to join the communism by supporting the opposed party and heavy investing in insurgance. Their military approval is 0% and domestic approval is around 11%. Still nothing is really happening...
In my first game I tried to convince India and also no success.
Last edited by luraz on Jul 20 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Fistalis
General

Re: Anybody having succes with influencing neutral countries

Post by Fistalis »

sadly its easier to ignore governments all together and just bribe them into your sphere of influence. I havent been able to get any notable results from insurgent/opposition funding. But take that same cash and give it the country as a gift every day and theyll love you pretty fast.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Yeah, I am playing as Iran and I gave Pakistan, Israel, and Saudi Arabia 50.00m on separate diplomatic deals a good 10-20 times depending on where the relations are and now they are my allies.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

sadly its easier to ignore governments all together and just bribe them into your sphere of influence.
I have discovered the same thing. The current game Im in is Dec 1950. The top right hand corner numbers are 27 11 26 9 9. I only started bribing regions in the last few game months and they are quickly changing. Haiti had a coup and I recieved around 30 messages worth of sphere change notifications, Regions/colonies going from SU aligned to influenced, SU influenced to the middle, middle to USA influenced and some USA Aligned.

Settings may have more of an impact, this game most everything is default, changed the military difficulty to very hard is all.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

FYI ... Non-aligned nations are harder to influence, which is how it was during the Cold War.
luraz
Warrant Officer

Post by luraz »

Legend wrote:FYI ... Non-aligned nations are harder to influence, which is how it was during the Cold War.
Ok, so its useless to support opposition parties in neutral countries.
How about democratic countries? Is it worth it to support opposition parties in democratic countries? Is there a chance they will become communistic?
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

For five game years I have supported insurgency and supported opposition in Iraq and Kuwait but to no avail. All I saw that happened was Belli againsit me went up with the USSR aligned countries. No result yet, I'm just waiting for the Baathists to rise up.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

sphere.JPG
Yup :D Almost too easy....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

sphere1.JPG
...i might have to remove that "almost" from my previous sentence....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuckle TM
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tkobo wrote:...i might have to remove that "almost" from my previous sentence....
Tell me about it.. november of 1952 of my first game

I stopped caring about if they were in my sphere and just started bribing everyone enough to get them out of the soviet sphere to see if the soviets would do anything to try and get them back.. as you can see the answer is no lol
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

That should change.Decreased influence per cash spent should be increased when bribing a region already in the other sphere.
Chuckle TM
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

tkobo wrote:That should change.Decreased influence per cash spent should be increased when bribing a region already in the other sphere.
Frankly, it probably should be outright impossible to give gifts to members of the opposing sphere. Can you imagine the Soviet reaction to the USA attempting to "buy" Poland? *hint* It involves tanks...
luraz
Warrant Officer

Post by luraz »

barkhauer wrote:
tkobo wrote:That should change.Decreased influence per cash spent should be increased when bribing a region already in the other sphere.
Frankly, it probably should be outright impossible to give gifts to members of the opposing sphere. Can you imagine the Soviet reaction to the USA attempting to "buy" Poland? *hint* It involves tanks...
Totally agree. I think insurgency/ support opposition should have a bigger role when trying to convert democratic countries to communism. I still haven't seen the benefit of insurgency or supporting the opposition in a government.
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Does using the repeat offer (for example, $50.0m daily for 30 days) work as well as opening the trade screen and offering $50.0m 30 times?
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

No, the best method is the 30x instead of the 50 for 30 days. Because I think the AI views it as another successful diplomatic transaction instead of just one.
-Leon Trotsky

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”