Facilities - Info about annual cost missing

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Snowpig
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Facilities - Info about annual cost missing

Post by Snowpig »

I play the german localized version (downloaded from gamersgate). In the facility info screen the value for annual costs is missing.
Legend
General

Re: Facilities - Info about annual cost missing

Post by Legend »

Thanks. I'll take a look at the German version to find what you are saying.

Daxon, BattleGoat Studios
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

I made a screenshot (with upgrade 0 fyi)
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

Same in US version for the facilities I've checked (mines, power plants, etc)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Did some investigation and this is working as designed. Some facilities have no additional maintenance costs associated with them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
skvent23
Sergeant

Post by skvent23 »

What about wages for the people working there, security, repairs, cleaning services or is it included in the cost of production?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Wages are part of the goods production cost (don't pay when capacity set to zero) and the rest is just infrastructure cost (low infrastructure decreases capacity).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
iuvart
Lieutenant

Post by iuvart »

Sorry for dredging up an older thread, but I did not want to start a similar new one for the same problem.

Are you absolutely positive that this is working as designed?
I can not find a single facility with a figure other than "-" for annual maintenance. All of them have exactly zero maintenance costs. That seems rather bug-ish to me.
I also have not seen the production cost of goods change at all in 17 years of ingame time, despite my GDP/c increasing almost tenfold. I'm sure that there is something wrong here because I shouldn't be able to have the third highest GDP/c in the world and still be able to produce everything for pennies.
With production costs of $ 132,000 M I am getting $ 1,230,000 M in domestic sales (more than 10x!) and still have stuff left to float a nice trade surplus. That just can not be correct.
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

No one said the economy is perfect, but if you check the military installations, you will see a maintenance cost. With the industrial and Civilian sides its just price/demand.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
-George Santayana
iuvart
Lieutenant

Post by iuvart »

Gracuul wrote:No one said the economy is perfect, but if you check the military installations, you will see a maintenance cost. With the industrial and Civilian sides its just price/demand.
My critism is not that the economy is not perfect, it's that the economy is broken. At least compared to how it worked in SR2010 and 2020. Absolutely nothing changes the production costs! They are always frozen at the starting value. That allows you to have not only 10x profitable domestic sales but also a huge trade surplus, both at the same time. None of that was possible in the previous games because the production cost was adjusted according to your nation's economy (like GDP/c).
Anteep
Lieutenant

Post by Anteep »

Yep economy in this game is far easier than in SR2020
Raap
Corporal

Post by Raap »

The production cost does change. I've seen at least two things have a major influence on the production costs; infrastructure quality( greatly affected my consumer and industrial goods) and unemployment( affected my oil production price).
iuvart
Lieutenant

Post by iuvart »

Raap wrote:The production cost does change. I've seen at least two things have a major influence on the production costs; infrastructure quality( greatly affected my consumer and industrial goods) and unemployment( affected my oil production price).
What constitutes a major influence for you? How much have the prices changed?

I still say the most important factor is missing, namely the wages. Just building enough facilities to be self sufficient drives your GDP/c into the stratosphere and no amount of taxation and markup (both MAXED OUT!) can even put a damper on it. My Iceland is now at 16 M people and a GDP/c of $ 17000, which makes me the second largest economy in the world (behind the US) and the nation with the richest people. Still my production costs for resources are virtually unchanged (e. g. $ 4 per bbl of oil, $ 12 per MWh, and those are ALL from Hydro or Other plants!). I can produce consumer goods for the whopping price of $ 1,401 per ton and sell them to my populace and the world market for $ 9,449. With production expenses of $ 7,538 M annually I have domestic sales of $ 49,466 M. Never mind the $ 141,154 M income from 65 % high income taxes which easily cover almost all my expenses.

All of that on hard economic difficulty. That is not just easier than in SR2020 or 2010, that is just plain broken. With a populace that rich my production costs should be far above anything the world market is willing to pay. I loved the slow and meticulous work you had to invest in the economy in SR2020/10 to get it going and eke out a surplus while doing what you had to do to survive militarily. That part of the game is completely gone. Now, on 16 M people, I will be able to be self sufficient in all products, fund about ten research centers to blaze past anyone in tech and field a huge army while still making a profit. How is that realistic or fun?
cardgame
Corporal

Post by cardgame »

Production cost does indeed change, I noticed that in the first 5 months of playing as the USSR.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”