Keeping territory

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Keeping territory

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

There is one feature on my wish list, that is making it harder to keep territory. Currently in the Game you can conquer the world as say Djibouti. But I doubt that Djibouti could keep all of it's conquered regions 'loyal'. Djibouti would for sure suffer countless rebellions. It would be a nice new feature having regions be able to rebel or spawn rebels. I suppose that if the game saved a annexed regions CAR that if that hit a low number, than there would be increased chance of insurgency->rebellion->war of independence, depending of how low the score becomes.

You could subsequently rule like Genghis Khan, via terror, less rebellions because no one dares to rebel. Or by high social spending, democracy, development projects etc.

This feature could also be applied to internal conlicts flaring up, like currently in Syria or similar

What about making us an expansion?? 8)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
notus
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Keeping territory

Post by notus »

i think this is a great idea
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

notus wrote:i think this is a great idea
We need more rebels. Especially when DAR is low and in conquered teritories. The game would be more interesting with them. and annexed nations could resurrect...
Please teach AI everything!
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Zuikaku wrote:
notus wrote:i think this is a great idea
We need more rebels. Especially when DAR is low and in conquered teritories. The game would be more interesting with them. and annexed nations could resurrect...
yes, also something like what the U.S did to the nazi occupied france, they conquered it, and then they gave it to france (its just an example, i know that france wasn´t completely destroyed.)
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Keeping with reality, the Soviets were engadged against the Forest Brothers in the Baltic States (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) and the Ukraine Insurgent Army until 1956.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Wow. Never knew about that. Forgotten war indeed . . . :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_brothers
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I'd make it much harder for democracies to control areas (they are really bad at repression, with that free press and voting and all). Communists or Dictators would be better at it, Monarchies neutral.

Have specialized counter-insurgency bonuses (police stats?) for commando-type units, etc.
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

There should probably be a recruiting penalty for population from non-loyal hexes. I've always found it odd that 90,000 Luxembourgers can have an army made up of 99% Germans after exploiting proxy wars to their advantage.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

barkhauer wrote:There should probably be a recruiting penalty for population from non-loyal hexes. I've always found it odd that 90,000 Luxembourgers can have an army made up of 99% Germans after exploiting proxy wars to their advantage.
maybe when 'keeping' the regions CAR we could as well have individual reserve figures for each region
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Aragos wrote:I'd make it much harder for democracies to control areas (they are really bad at repression, with that free press and voting and all). Communists or Dictators would be better at it, Monarchies neutral.

Have specialized counter-insurgency bonuses (police stats?) for commando-type units, etc.
Great Britian did pretty good during the Boer War, not bad for a Democracy that has been at war with all but 22 nations of the world.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”