The AI needs a slap

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

The AI needs a slap

Post by Terrantrooper »

My AI just tryed to fly 30 F18 C's acroos the atlantic and although i had tankers crossing the still all blew up why dose the AI keep sending units on imposible trips and why dose it not take into account the fule capacity of units befor sending them any place. Iv lost almost 60 F18.C now thanks to AI and almost 30 F4 Phantom's. Even when the refule with my tankers the go off a ditch some plance also why can they not keep up with the tankers F18 dose 3 times the speed of one of those things don't it?. Its a very big flaw. I could use carriers but the Nimits class takes close to 2 years to build and id need like 50 to 100 of them as im UK and them empire is rather spread out all over the world not to mention i dont have enouph reserves to build that many. Also there is alot to do in the game which is why i give my AI full enitiative on air force while i control navy and army. The AI in 2020 is better at least it don't tend to send planes where they can't go.
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Re: The AI needs a slap

Post by Terrantrooper »

Im still having this problem even with 7 Nimits class carriers crosing between the points i tend to lose planes i built another 60 F18 C and now have 38 after the ai ditched them all basically after the war with colombia the ai started sending my planes to base's there but instead of island hoping its trying to send the direct even when iv got the ROE on cautios even when they land on a carrier crossing between Hamilton and some portuges island and 2 3 more carries between the same Portugal Island to Antiga my f4's and f18's are crashing even when the have enouph fule to make it to a colony befor continuing to its destination the planes seem to want to turn round mid way and go back to the carrier and crash because the ship has moved on and the planes can not make the return trip.

Is this a problem with the AI or with multyrole aricraft as this dose not happen with my Jaguars and IDS Tornado's of wich i still have the original 61 of each plane? I have no interceptors after i scraped the sea vixen and replaced with F4 at 1st and then F18's.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

What version are you running? Is it vannila or some mod?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

number47 wrote:What version are you running? Is it vannila or some mod?

Version 7.2.2, Senario, Cold War, Compleat, playing as UK current year 1963 Febuary.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Terrantrooper wrote:

Version 7.2.2, Senario, Cold War, Compleat, playing as UK current year 1963 Febuary.
That explains a lot. A lot of the issues you are talking about is being fixed in new Update 3 (well, in beta update for now, until they release the official one) so you'll either have to wait for "official Update 3" release or install the "beta update 3" from here. If you are Steam user, than I believe you'll have to wait for official release as Steam users keep saying they can't apply the beta patch to Steam version of the game.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

number47 wrote:
Terrantrooper wrote:

That explains a lot. A lot of the issues you are talking about is being fixed in new Update 3 (well, in beta update for now, until they release the official one) so you'll either have to wait for "official Update 3" release or install the "beta update 3" from here. If you are Steam user, than I believe you'll have to wait for official release as Steam users keep saying they can't apply the beta patch to Steam version of the game.
Ok thanks i am on steam so it will probubly take around 90 billion years for the update is there any ETA on when that may be or just ages

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”