missile usage moddable or not?

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

missile usage moddable or not?

Post by number47 »

BG (or anyone else that has any info), is it possible to mod how units use/fire missiles?
I'll explain the question with this hypotetical situation:
A plane is carrying 30 missiles.
Incoming enemy unit needs 3 missile hits to be destroyed.
A plane launches 5-7 missiles (depending the distance between plane and unit) towards enemy unit.
Result: a huge overkill in missile consumption
Could it be possible to mod the plane (or any other missile carrying unit) not to use so much more missiles than needed to destroy the desired target?

*at least if I give the fire missile order any specitfy the target it should be possible for the AI to calculate how many missiles it needs to use?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: missile usage moddable or not?

Post by Balthagor »

What if some of the missiles get shot down on the way?

This has been considered before, it cannot be modded, and it's not a straight forward thing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

does the game account for potential missile intercepts/failures/EW spoofs? and does the anti-air range and strength of the unit being attacked factor into it?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I think game just keeps firing missiles (volley after volley) until the target is destroyed.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

does the game account for potential missile intercepts/failures/EW spoofs? and does the anti-air range and strength of the unit being attacked factor into it?
Unless they are shot down, they will always hit. The dmg is determined by the missile vs unit and other factors such as terrain, techs etc....
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Well, maybe then the single fab should have 5 production slots (or 3 to avoid exaggeration) to compensate for the huge missile consumption? :wink:
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

Hundane wrote:
Unless they are shot down, they will always hit. The dmg is determined by the missile vs unit and other factors such as terrain, techs etc....
i don't think i've ever seen one get shot down, hence my query about intercepts.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Thats one of the things I liked about AI wars. Your fleets would only shoot enough rounds at a target to destroy it, then it would move onto the next target or stop firing. Granted there are some annoying situations that arise becouse of this. many times there would be a unit your units are shooting at. Some of your units might be far away but have long slow moving missles. So what ends up happening is the close unit that could easily kill the unit in less then a secound does not shoot at it becouse the other unit has already launched the killing blow, which might take 3-5 secounds to arrive and during that time your units are geting killed.

I think the calculation should be somthing like 125 percent.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ruges wrote:Thats one of the things I liked about AI wars. Your fleets would only shoot enough rounds at a target to destroy it, then it would move onto the next target or stop firing. Granted there are some annoying situations that arise becouse of this. many times there would be a unit your units are shooting at. Some of your units might be far away but have long slow moving missles. So what ends up happening is the close unit that could easily kill the unit in less then a secound does not shoot at it becouse the other unit has already launched the killing blow, which might take 3-5 secounds to arrive and during that time your units are geting killed.

I think the calculation should be somthing like 125 percent.
Had to read this three times over to understand that AI wars is the name of the game you are referring to :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm a bit on the slow side :lol:

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”