Wish List

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Re: Wish List

Post by SGTscuba »

Being able to change the strength of units we build like in 2010.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
SRazvan
Corporal
Human: Yes

Post by SRazvan »

- generate an automated history i wish the game would generate an automated history of most relevant actions taken by the player and it's most relevant allies and enemies. (something that you could export as HTML/PDF)

- civilian casualties. i don't understand why you took out the civilian casualties reports. they actually determined me to choose alternative strategies to minimize civilian loss. and also i kind of like the idea to get penalized for causing them. killing 4-5 mil. civilians is not something that even your allies should support.

- rebels/militia in conquered areas. in SR:2020 i actually had problems with this. GOOD problems since it made me defend towns because i always knew that a militia could popup and take over a town.

- more communicative allies/opponents why isn't this already out there ? it's not something that would change the game that much (dev. wise), but it would have a huge impact on gameplay. i would like to recieve a message from the white house that my recent massacre in some city in india will not be tolerated. or that thanks to my support they managed to liberate south africa. i would like to KNOW whatACTUALLY bothers my enemies and what pleases my allies by some other means than a green/red bar.

- more sophisticated spy system
i always wanted to know more about what happens "behind the scenes". even with the spy system i still feel like an outsider when it comes to intelligence. i mean i would love to know if a neutral country is providing my enemies with weapons, weapons designs or military supplies or providing them with certain privileges such as land sight & transit, or missile defense. i mean it's easy to spy on them and see enemy troops but a report given by my spy agency that i could later use to declare war or embargo that country.

- more control over alliance policies
more control over the "alliance". it should be something more than a few treaties between us. we should be able to adopt new treaties concerning both internal and external politics. the same way you "convince" them to become allies, you should use the same system to declare embargoes, war, simultaneous spy missions on SPECIFIC target countries that are not necessarily enemies. something like "Ally A should declare embargo on player/country X because of Q spy report". you would have to use information collected by your spies to determine the allies to follow those actions. otherwise they should reject your proposal (not always but most of the times).

i know that it's something HUGE, that would add another layer of depth to the game, but it would be outstanding.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

I hope see in the future an editor for build some new scenario.
so it will be easy for everyone ...
Con forza ed ardimento
Jersey Mule
Warrant Officer

Post by Jersey Mule »

SGTscuba wrote:I wish they would implement a world unit trading market like I suggested somewhere else. You could then select units from nations that have earmarked them for sale, and then it would take you to a diplomatic offer where you could sort price out. Also you could have it on this so you could buy production slots, aka they would build x amount of a particular unit for you and this would be handled via the diplomatic offer screen. Keep unit blueprint buying the same but perhaps make it more expensive or just a license for x amount of units from that.

thats a cool idea!
Noble713
Captain

Post by Noble713 »

Balthagor wrote:It has been suggested before and we have indicated that we still fill the battalion is the right size for our forces. There are no plans to change it for this or future titles.
That's very disappointing. :-( I just popped in today to see if SRCW addressed any of the major issues of SR2020 or SR2010 before it, and would be worth upgrading to. I find the armies of major powers like the US, Russia, and China (I play these 3 almost exclusively) utterly unmanageable and with unrealistic compositions to boot (dozens of leg infantry battalions running around with "pure" MANPADS or ATGMs, for example). It usually takes me days (IRL) to sort out these messes. Some of the GUI changes from 2010 --> 2020 re: unit and window management didn't help either. Executing a large-scale national invasion is damn near aneurysm-inducing. Every 3-4 months I play SR2020 for about two hours, get frustrated, and go back to HoI to get my world domination fix.

I'll have to stick to Hearts of Iron then (been playing since HoI1, have all expansions for HoI3). The game already has a VERY robust OOB/chain of command system and "composite" units with building blocks. It will be easier to mod it by reducing the WW2-era division scale to modern brigade combat teams, with the building blocks being battalions instead of brigades, than it would be to create an entire chain of command structure for Supreme Ruler AND reworking the unit list to better reflect how brigades and battalions are actually employed IRL.

<---I need to change my avatar. I'm not an enlisted grunt in the Army anymore, now I'm an officer doing air support command and control in the Marine Corps.
Black Metal IST KRIEG!
http://tinyurl.com/ctyrj7
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

Noble713,
I share your disappointment. I do wish the matter of unit sizes would be given more consideration. Funny, I am an officer in the Air Force...it seems us military folks share the feeling that this issue is a problem, with both realism and gameplay. I too tend to play primarily as one of the major powers and absolutely understand the awkwardness...nay, downright annoyance, of organizing large-scale military operations battalion by battalion.

On another note, since this is a development wishlist, I would like to broach the subject of gameplay music. Perhaps in a future update we could have some new tunes to play to? The old SR2020 ones are good but I'm ready for something new after 4 years of hearing them.

Happy 4th of July everyone.
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

To two officers from ex- civil employee of the Russian Air Force (now software architect and database developer):

BattleGoat has already chose his way and gave management tools for battalions, so if they discard it they start from scratch (or about it). They have own vision of the SR branch and have trying to solve problems of the game. Maybe they chose the wrong direction, but I do not think they will change it. I would like to see the other management tools for military forces, state/federal funds (it most close to me), but I am sure that BG-men has a more than enough their own needs and ideas. In addition, the development of the SR 2020 is over and I did not buy the SRCW so my relations is lost.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

My wish list
-Improved interface, to the standard of SR2020
-Better Battle Group control
-Improved AI
-Inflation improved
-Increased Region limit
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
number47
General

Post by number47 »

As mentioned in few places before, you definitely need to implement some kind of messaging system in multiplayer so that two players can interact and conduct trades besides the chat were everyone can witness the conversation.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

number47 wrote:As mentioned in few places before, you definitely need to implement some kind of messaging system in multiplayer so that two players can interact and conduct trades besides the chat were everyone can witness the conversation.
Yes add this back in, since it was taken out after 2010 (I miss it, and its really useful for putting in orders for units from a certain nation since we don't have license production). Just use the standard style of message now and have ability to create a message under the diplomatic options (the same place you can choose actions for and against a nation)

Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

number47 wrote:As mentioned in few places before, you definitely need to implement some kind of messaging system in multiplayer so that two players can interact and conduct trades besides the chat were everyone can witness the conversation.
Like the Moscow-Washington phone line
Happy Linux user!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Since we don't even have an email system like we did in 2010, asking for a VOIP connection is going to be too much :D :D :D

Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

SGTscuba wrote:Since we don't even have an email system like we did in 2010, asking for a VOIP connection is going to be too much :D :D :D
That gives me an idea, why couldn't players send message like those declaration of war message?
Happy Linux user!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Another important thing (for multiplayer mainly but also adds to "realism" in sp) would be making fog of war apply on buildings and infrastructure too and not just units...currently if feels broken when although I have no visual access to certain country, I can see any building that they started to build and monitor the progress of the same building or that country's development |O ...kind of kills the need for recon or spying :roll:

EDIT: also something has to be done with diplomacy screen regarding tech and unit design trading. :evil: currently all I have to do is open the diplomacy to see what my enemy has researched (sure, if I'm far behind than I might not see units or tech hidden behind an era or non-tredable tech but still) and in the words of great Hollywood:

maybe add little box beside the unit design (or tech) where we can tick the ones we want to be visible for trade with other players?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

number47 wrote:Another important thing (for multiplayer mainly but also adds to "realism" in sp) would be making fog of war apply on buildings and infrastructure too and not just units...currently if feels broken when although I have no visual access to certain country, I can see any building that they started to build and monitor the progress of the same building or that country's development |O ...kind of kills the need for recon or spying :roll:

EDIT: also something has to be done with diplomacy screen regarding tech and unit design trading. :evil: currently all I have to do is open the diplomacy to see what my enemy has researched (sure, if I'm far behind than I might not see units or tech hidden behind an era or non-tredable tech but still) and in the words of great Hollywood:

maybe add little box beside the unit design (or tech) where we can tick the ones we want to be visible for trade with other players?
+1
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”