States/micromanaging government

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

arcstarscream
Sergeant
Human: Yes

States/micromanaging government

Post by arcstarscream »

Hi, Well my request(s) are that:
maybe their should be some sort of element in the game where the country you start off as has state governments which could micromanage things, like how you can set cabinet ministers (I guess they would be called governors) do make decisions a certain way, except a little more ability, for example, you can set individual state taxes and social benefits, as well as how much production they should each, well produce, and the amount of autonomy would be dependent on how much room you would give the "Governor" and high level autonomy would yield better production rates and social benefits while neglecting them would result in saved money on production and social benefits, whilst giving up some national loyalty, which brings me to the second part of this request

If the state system were to be implemented then maybe some of the loyalty would belong to the state for example:
If i were playing as Canada and I neglected one of my provinces, like Quebec, then they would decrease in loyalty to Canada and increase to Quebec, decreasing tax income, production, supply and perhaps if it were to get bad enough a few rebel units may spawn in your territory and attack and claim land for their state/province, obviously their are certain regions "conquered" like Kurdistan or Tibet where this would make sense, better than the current 100% loyalty system now, because although it is often UN-realistic to see a majority of people switch loyalties to the new country or occupiers there can be huge switch over decades, after all if the state/conquered country were to experience better conditions under the occupier they may slowly but surely begin to switch allegiance

And for the state system perhaps it could work with newly conquered territory as well, like if I was Libya and took over Tunisia, i could annex it but give the government high autonomy by allowing it to set tax rates, and social benefits, while reducing the strain on the now parent countries economy, sort of like a hybrid between annexing and colonizing, I think this would work well for places like china and Russia where the regions are not exactly colonies but not exactly annexed completely either.

I thank anyone who contributes to this idea, I am not aware of how hard this would be to implement, as I am not a modder, but I think it would make it easier to manage some countries, especially big ones, and it would give loyalty a lot more function and importance in game forcing players to at least take minimal care of their countries or face consequences, again I'm not sure how hard this would be to do, or if it even could be done, But i thank anyone for even considering it, it is obviously a raw idea, but i think it would be cool

and maybe if it can't happen in this game, maybe a future game :wink:

thanks for reading
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Re: States/micromanaging government

Post by georgios »

Interesting proposal. All gamers wish that every region had its own loyalty, public opinion and diplomatic agenda. For example you should have problem if your empire contains 2 regions who hate each other. For example to be Russia and have Greek, Turkish or Albanian regions united under your rule. They could rise against each other and against you.

Such ideas are many and are very needed. The game developers may make such improvements or may not. They have given to us the tools of modding. If a feature is not directly moddable, we must think a way to simulate it with existing mod techniques.

It will be a good thing if you tried an effort to think something and say it to this community. Perhaps someone will think something more and we will get closer.
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Re: States/micromanaging government

Post by arcstarscream »

Mmm hmm I agree, I didn't even think of the minority states, they could cause clashes, see it's a big idea, but I have gotten about 20% through a mod I am making which will make a couple of these ideas possible, I think it will just be a scenario in the end, I am using colonies as states, I don't have the knowledge to completley create a whole new system in the game alongside colonies in a mod :D but I will post it eventually, and hopefully more experienced modders can add on to it
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”