Future development

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Future development

Post by mrgenie »

There are several episodes of modern history which are of interests to us players
-1 Napoleon war
-2 WWI
-3 WWII
-4 Cold War
-5 Modern day wars (Iran, Afghanistan, Terrorism, State funded terrorism, etc)

Since the engine of SRCW is running pretty good, except for some bugs which I'm sure will be taken care of..
There should be some expanded time-line where a user can choose to play one of the 5 episodes or a
(kinda like civilization 4) transition between those episodes.. you start with Napoleon units/countries/etc..
but you research and develop.. can make alliances etc.. but only based on historical alliances..
So in the Napoleon war, if you play Germany, you can ally with the Russians.. but tensions grow hot in the years
pre WWI, and at some point you Russia cancels your Alliance.. then there's the "event" where Yugoslavia and
Austria get into war.. and what follows we all know..
each episode opens and allows you to research units of that episode, and technology, but you can fall behind..
but you cant research tech for episode 2 in episode 1.. uncompleted from episode 1 can however be researched
in 2 or later..

so.. basically.. what I mean.. a GIANT supreme ruler release combining those already existing adding new episodes
and allow the player some more tech-research/ transition between episodes based on real history..

To stay with Germany. During the time of Napoleon, you can't conquer, declare war on, or colonize your allies..
The "event" locks you from doing so.. but you can decide to conquer France and keep them occupied.
However, in the event WWI the game will not only have your classic enemies declare war on you.. but the neutrals
will "based on what you are occupying" be more aggressive towards you and you might face more enemies
even as in reality.. Same goes for the AI.. if France occupies i.e. Belgium and the Netherlands and keeps them..
during WWI Germany will get help from "i.e. Denmark, Norway and Sweden'

I won't work out this idea too much, because BG proven to have good ideas and workout themselves.. I just want them to point out
where I think this game should go to..

Hope they read it and put in on their "future ideas" list
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Future development

Post by sparky282 »

yeah good idea and i like althou first it would be nice to have a game which dont crash ever 10mins lol
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Post by arcstarscream »

I think this could be implemented as separate scenarios, I still think that feature could be so much more, like a place to download scenario's made by the community, But that's a lot of work
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

I would like to see Units researve when a nation is at peace as it slows the game down so much it takes like 24 hours to do 2 years now im playing as UK and there are so many units deployed by all nations that the game is at a crawl.

Also Louse, Vietnam and Cambodia have just achived independence from France but the French forces there are not moving evn though they are being attacked by Vietnam forces and France dose have oil researves to move them is this a bug that needs fixing?

Also this stacking thing where units from many nations end up in the same place why dont they return home when theyy are finnished? Although i do like the way units can move to different parts of the world in Cold War.

I would also like to see the AI be more pro active in developing there nations for example the AI leaders build facilitys if they need say oil and they have that resorce in there country then the AI should build an Oil Derrick or Gas Field to try and meet the Demand it needs and the same gose for other resorces and maybe military facilitys if the AI needs them. The same gose for Colonys there goveners could do the same.

Im going to add this hear make the AI more inteligent so that they dont build beyond the regions meen for example the AI will only build military units if that region can suport it and will develope facilitys and resorce production if it wants more as this would speed game up the AI would scrap there older units if they have more than the can support.
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

another thing in hear also it would be good if the AI did not send your ships past there max range if the target destination was to far away or when its used half its fule load it would move to nearest freindly port or borders in order to refuel again some of my ships when the runout of gogo juice sit there for years waiting for resuply in reality those ships would have been sunk by some storm if they waited that long and the crew would strav to death or of dehighdration if there was no rescue mounted would be a cool fix for the update and also i tend to lose more planes in peace time because the AI sends them to places they can not reach so it would be good if the sent planes base hoping in order to reach base befor running out of gas.
and if they still did not have the range the planes would return to base.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”