What units do you think need/deserve different 3D model?

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SaudiSerb
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: What units do you think need/deserve different 3D model?

Post by SaudiSerb »

Balthagor wrote:Please stop shouting.
What ? :o
number47
General

Post by number47 »

SaudiSerb wrote:
Using CAPSLOCK when writing is considered equal as shouting... :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
SaudiSerb
Warrant Officer

Post by SaudiSerb »

number47 wrote:
SaudiSerb wrote:
Using CAPSLOCK when writing is considered equal as shouting... :wink:
oh my bad i am soo stupid hehe :D
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

This unit needs to be change in the game its a Pisten engin Fighter when its a Jet in reality.

The RAF Lightning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Which unit? The F1/F3/F6 Lightning all use a jet MiG pic. The other lightnings are and should be piston aircraft.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote:Which unit? The F1/F3/F6 Lightning all use a jet MiG pic. The other lightnings are and should be piston aircraft.
Thats the Jet lightning (the English Electric one) that he posted a picture of, and a model of that would be more suitable than the mig one for the F1/F3/F6.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

but he seems to be saying we assigned a piston engine pic to some version of the RAF Lightning...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:but he seems to be saying we assigned a piston engine pic to some version of the RAF Lightning...
Maybe you changed it in update 2.2 and he doesn't have the latest update (or you changed it for Update 3 :D )?
I am positive that before update 2.2. UK's interceptors "F.1A Lightning" and "F3A Lightning" and a bomber "F.6 Lightning" used the "F6F-5N Hellcat" pic but at the moment I can't check if this was changed in Update 2.2. :-?
Last edited by number47 on Jul 19 2012, edited 1 time in total.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Just checked, in version 7.2.2. before mentioned Lightnings use pic num 604 which is a piston plane as he said, while Mig's (15,17,19) use pic num 481. Balth, maybe you were checking this in the corrected .unit file for the new Update 3? :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ah, yes. Fixed for update 3 :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MrPark
Corporal

Post by MrPark »

Can we get the futuristic end-tech units to look less sci fi? They look so terrible 8_ .
number47
General

Post by number47 »

MrPark wrote:Can we get the futuristic end-tech units to look less sci fi? They look so terrible 8_ .
I doubt that BG is going to do any changes to the futuristic units while there are still a lot of work to be done in the cold war era units :wink:
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Jack8765 wrote:This is a little backwards but there is already a model fore the Avro Vulcan in the game but the unit itself isn’t, seems odd to go to the effort of making a model for a unit and then not use it so I’m guessing it was just missed out.

On another point the Westland Wyvern doesn’t use the Wyvern model and the F86 Sabre doesn’t use the sabre model.
The Vulcan was one of those data base items not finished before deadline....but new mdb entries are done involving all three V-bombers,
including the Sky Bolt missile fitted version - and one specially designed for fitting with six Sky Bolt strategic missiles!

Wyvern is a casualty of not having enough BG images - same sort of thing with A2D Skyshark - both turboprop attack designs.

F-86....got dumped into single swept-wing image design, as are a great number of other early-transonic designs.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re:"fixed"-site SAMs

number47 wrote:
SGTscuba wrote:I will make the SA2 (rough looking model) on a truck which can then be also used for the bloodhound missile. So don't worry about it Goats (although it will have to wait till my current model is finished).
I would suggest, if you or anyone else decide to make this model to apply the "existing ingame rule". As far as I see, all the towed AA (that have somewhat representable model) are depicted as deployed and ready for combat (like "MIM-23 Hawk" or UK's "Rapier Towed" for example). Not only it will look better when firing on enemy but it will also be easier to model without the truck :lol:
s-75 dvina.jpg
Since you use the SA-2 [S-75 Dvina] Guideline as an example and mention Bloodhound SAM, be aware that BG is not going to model any
fixed SAM site missiles; some of these would include Bloodhound, SA-1 Gammon, BOMARC, Nike-Ajax, and several others.

Only "mobile" SAMs will be in the game, according to Bathagor. In some ways unfortunate, because SAM missiles like the Nike Ajax and SA-1 Gammon were at the heart of defending the U.S., NATO and other allies, and the USSR and its allies during the Cold War....aircraft had to figure out how to penetrate these defenses to be effective (but since we have no ECM, maybe its best that way.).
geminif4ucorsair
General

number47 wrote:
Balthagor wrote: EDIT: also good link: http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/
Sent BG Bluerints.com to them way back when they were first doing SR2020 - and looking for more - images.

Would be interested in why they went to a French cg - but it might be a matter of copyright. Would be interested
to hear Bathagor's input......

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”