New Treaties and treaty effects

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jopo
Captain
Human: Yes

New Treaties and treaty effects

Post by Jopo »

Ok, I´d like to have the treaty system as fully scriptable as possible, so we can make new treaties etc.

Here are some suggestions for new treaties and treaty effects:

* Favored trading partner: encourages commodity trading as before, but also provides a boost to GDP growth to both participants.

* Monetary Union: Like the Eurozone. Boosts GDP growth.

* Customs Union: Increases trade and therefore boosts GDP growth.

* Cultural exchange: Boosts civilian diplomatic rating. Makes peoples like each other more. Maybe boosts cultural rating for both.

*Academic Exchange: Boosts research for both and also boosts Civilian diplomatic rating for both.

* Treaty of mutual assistance and friendship: Boosts diplomatic rating, makes countries like each other more

* Visa free travel : Boosts tourism rating for both

* Passport free travel: Boosts tourism even more reduces counter-intel

* Free immigration: Boosts immigration

* Doctors without borders: Boosts health care rating for both.

* Law enforcement cooperation treaty: boosts law enforcement rating for both

* Counter-Intel cooperation treaty: Boosts counter-intel for both

Interpol treaty: This could be a World market treaty which would give law enforcement bonus to all participants.

Patent free pharmaceuticals treaty: health care bonus for both

Common labor market: GDP growth bonus to both, draws immigrants from other country if the other needs labor force.

Education cooperation treaty: Student exchange. Boosts education rating for both. Also boosts civilian diplomatic rating, making peoples like each other more.

Tax free shopping treaty: Boosts GDP growth.

Common commodity market: Allows access to others internal markets. The citizens will buy commodities from the lower bidder.

Territory sale: You can designate an area of your land to sell and it changes hands peacefully.

Territory Rent: Rents a designated area for a certain sum for a designated time or until revoked.

Territory demand: threaten to use force unless a designated territory is ceded. Gives massive Casus Belli to the recipient.

Nuclear no-use treaty: Promise not to nuke them. Boosts diplomatic and civilian diplomatic rating and world opinion. Cannot designate nuclear targets in treaty companions territory.

Nuclear No-first use treaty: promise not to use nukes first. Improves world and diplomatic opinion.

Internet access treaty: Boosts cultural rating for both. Boosts civilian diplomatic rating for both. Boosts research. Reduces Counter-intel

Cyber-police treaty: Boosts law enforcement rating for both. Boosts Counter-Intel

Environmental protection treaty: Environmental bonuses to both.

Different world market treaties and communities could be available for all to join and they would grant bonuses to all participants. Some World market treaties would be restricted to countries of a certain region.

OPEC: Restricted to countries producing oil. Gives some bonuses. OPEC members can vote to blockade a country from oil trade and they can control oil prices

European Union: Restricted to European countries. Wide ranging cooperation and bonuses to GDP growth etc. Common defence. Common labour market. Monetary union etc. etc. All members must be democracies. Members can vote on different issues.

NAFTA: North American Free Trade Agreement. Restricted to American countries. Trade bonuses. Bonuses to GDP growth.

NAAEC: North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation. North American countries only. Environmental bonuses.

Kyoto Protocols: Open to all. Environmental bonuses.

World educational community: Open to all. Members pay a fee per year. Boosts education rating among all members and boosts civilian diplomatic rating among members due to student exchange.

...and much much more.

So at least these effects should be moddable to treaties:

* Health care, cultural, law enforcement, environmental and other rating bonuses

* diplomatic and civilian diplomatic rating bonuses

* Casus Belli reduction.

* Territory selling/renting/demanding (just select which hexes you wish to sell and name a price.)

* GDP growth rate bonus

* tourism rate bonus

* research efficiency bonus

* immigration bonus

* Counter-intel bonus

Also I suggest that the following treaty types be made available.

Several types of peace treaty:

*White peace: Stop hostilities and return to Status Quo Ante Bellum (status before war), borders are restored to original. A defender will usually seek this kind of treaty.

*Regular peace or Peace as is: Stop hostilities, conqueror keeps territories seized by them. Good if you want to snatch a small piece of land from your enemy without annexing the whole country. Attacker loses all Casus Belli and Defender Gains Casus Belli (revanchism). Historical example of this kind of a treaty would be the Moscow peace treaty between Soviet Union and Finland in 1940. Also called a dictated peace (Attacker can show some real Vae Victis attitude here and leave deep resentment in the defender, just as the Russians did with Finland, we still don´t like the Russians)

Later conquered territories could be sold back if there was a mechanism of selling territory. Also you could have a white peace agreement coupled with a demand to rent territory, like the US base in Guantanamo Bay, rented from Cuba. Or a more sinister peace, a regular peace (or a dictated peace) coupled with a territory rent demand, like the Moscow Peace treaty which forced Finland to cede Karelia and rent Hanko peninsula for 50 years.

Territory rent agreements could be for example by default for 10 or 20 years and at the end of that period there would be a new negotiation to renew the treaty. To be fair for the other party the rent sum would be inflation adjusted. When the rented territory is returned all facilities in the territory go to the owner of the territory, so demolish all your facilities before returning territory, unless you want to give a gift.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Re: New Treaties and treaty effects

Post by MertcanKs »

I would like to put the game but how do these substances.

If possible, you bring them into the file folder where I put the game shall we?

Help me with this please. :-)
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Jopo wrote: * Monetary Union: Like the Eurozone. Boosts GDP growth.
yup the eurozone sure did boost gdp growth :lol:
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Post by arcstarscream »

Wow that's a lot of stuff, but some of these look like real potential, but some of these do look pretty complicated to implement, but it would be cool to see something like the European union in the game, maybe a variant of it could be a defensive union so NATO and the Warsaw pact could become more tangible
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Jopo wrote:Territory sale: You can designate an area of your land to sell and it changes hands peacefully.
Me Gusta
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”