some WW2 aircraft that should be in the game

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SoB
Brigadier Gen.

some WW2 aircraft that should be in the game

Post by SoB »

I know you have the IL2 sturmovik. But in realty it should be the 1945 model IL10 sturmovik. They had the same armament but the IL10 was faster more maneuverable longer range higher service sealing. It was probably the best ground attack aircraft of the war(even though it saw very little of it) and one even won a dog fight FW-109. And last improvement. The gunner was all so given a canopy.

I never checked is the ME 323 Giant transport in the game.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: some WW2 aircraft that should be in the game

Post by Balthagor »

There is already an IL-10 in game, the IL-10M is actually being added for Update 2.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Mmm never saw it. So. Sorry my bad.

And the Giant.

CPO Mzinyati
Hakuren
Warrant Officer

Post by Hakuren »

I didn't noticed Giant. Probably it isn't in the game. After all even Germans realized that this plane is dead end and abandoned project.

You can get 10 times better transport plane with minimum or no effort. For historical flavour and all that I would love to see for example Yamato, Vittorio Veneto, Minas Gerais, Yavuz, Nagato and other battleships and many cruisers/destroyers. And to hell with that nobody is building BB in the real world. BBs in SR are mainstay of every fleet.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Well BB's being the center of SRCW fleets is up to debate. But I do not care what units they add has long has they add.

What about the model 1946 me262. The first in swept wing jet fighter. Or the German VTOL aircraft. and all those crazy USAAF bombers. But I understand they where proto type's or never produced.

All so a big one for me is the South african frigate and submarine programs. But they never left the drawing boards.

And the Giant was not that bad. It could cary a lot of men and could be usefully in a SRCW game has a early game strategic lift platform.

CPO Mzinyati
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

I see the me262 is the 1944 model what about the proposed sweped wing version that would have had two more guns.

Or the Ar-234. Jet bomber/recon unit.

And to go extreme the Go229 fighter/bomber and TA-183 fighter. Or the Volksjaeger He-162(the proposed C or D model)

CPO Mzinyati
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

SoB wrote:I see the me262 is the 1944 model what about the proposed sweped wing version that would have had two more guns.

Or the Ar-234. Jet bomber/recon unit.

And to go extreme the Go229 fighter/bomber and TA-183 fighter. Or the Volksjaeger He-162(the proposed C or D model)
Those concepts had been abandoned by 1949 to my knowledge.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Well the normal 1944 me262 is in and the sweped wind version was just faster and had mor fire power. Was not that radical. And if they can build the outdated straight wing why not the sweped wing. And I believe Czechoslovakia was build ME 262 till the 50s(not sure what model. Probably straight wing version though).

The Ar-234 where used during WW2 in limited roles. (Probably due to price. In both a lose and running)

The rest never reached production.

CPO Mzinyati
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

The Fw-190G fighter and Fw-190F fighter-bomber were used by the French and Turks into the early 50's.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”