Expanded Space Race and Satellites

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jopo
Captain
Human: Yes

Expanded Space Race and Satellites

Post by Jopo »

Ok, I´d like to expand the space race to include more modern developments. For example, the Moon landings could be followed by the Space Shuttle Program and the construction of the International Space Station (if it is a race it could be that every nation builds its own station) and the scheduled Return to Moon flights and Lunar outpost missions and of course the future goal of going to Mars and if the tech tree is expanded far enough then maybe the launching of the first starships to nearby star systems.

I would hope that the Space Race be made moddable, so mod makers can expand it as they wish.

Also I would hope for an expansion to the satellite system, so we can have more kinds of satellites and different types of space stations etc. in orbit. Also the satellite system should be moddable.

Here are some types of orbital structures that could be put into the game:

* GPS satellites: Increases missile and unit combat values and efficiency. Requires a number of satellites in orbit to function properly.

* Orbital Bombardment satellites: Uses nuclear warheads or alternatively kinetic energy projectiles to bombard targets on the ground, handy for destroying key facilities.

* Ion Cannon satellite: another super weapon in orbit, rain down deadly Ion beams from above. Idea from Command&Conquer series.

* EMP pulse satellite: Paralyze your enemies with an EMP pulse like in James Bond: the Golden Eye

* Scientific satellites: Various kinds of research satellites, some techs could have a requirement of having a satellite in orbit, like the Hubble Telescope being a requirement for some astronomy techs. Could also grant a research bonus.

* Solar power satellites: produces solar power in orbit and transmits it down to Earth for consumption, handy if you don´t have the room for more solar plants on Earth.

* Scientific Space Station: works as a research center in orbit, gives research bonus.

* Hydroponics Space Station: produces food in orbit, handy if you don´t have the room or no suitable land for agriculture, like some small Pacific island nations.

* Asteroid mining station: produces ore in space, practically unlimited resources of ore and uranium, expensive to maintain though. May need a Martian orbital station for refueling the ships bringing the ore.

* Martian orbital station: a scientific and colonization base in Mars orbit. Grants Victory Points or Prestige Points

* Mars Colony: a colony on Mars surface, grants Victory Points or Prestige Points.

* Lunar Colony: a colony on Lunar surface, may grant different effects. Grants Victory Points or Prestige Points

* Space Dock: an orbital dockyard for constructing large spaceships, needed for Mars missions etc.

* Starships: Interstellar starships sent out to nearby star systems, Grant victory points or Prestige points.

* Interstellar colony: He who establishes the first human colony outside the solar system WINS or gains a LOT of Prestige or Victory points.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Re: Expanded Space Race and Satellites

Post by domcoppinger »

At this point I would just settle for having the 2020 satellite system back... However and expansion to it would always be appreciated! As to the rest, sure that would be nice but is quite a lot to add in I would imagine.
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:At this point I would just settle for having the 2020 satellite system back...
Install either my satellites mod or my modern world mod. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Fistalis wrote:
domcoppinger wrote:At this point I would just settle for having the 2020 satellite system back...
I am going to wait on the modern world mod till it is a little more polished, and possibly till there are a few more end game techs/units as I hate to miss out on so many units and techs by skipping to 2011. However I have gotta say that I love the idea and commend you for implementing it, especially things like the rebel factions and the detail you have put in... Bravo!

As for the satellite mod, I did haveit installed but I encountered a issue where my game would just lockup every now and then, and since reinstalling the game I no longer have this issue! So not to sure on this one, as I love the satellites but think I would settle for a stable game and no sats!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
I am going to wait on the modern world mod till it is a little more polished, and possibly till there are a few more end game techs/units as I hate to miss out on so many units and techs by skipping to 2011. However I have gotta say that I love the idea and commend you for implementing it, especially things like the rebel factions and the detail you have put in... Bravo!
Techs and units go all the way to the end of SR2020.. lol. I guess you felt Sr2020 needed more techs to?
As to sat mod causing Lock ups I've not seen this nor had reports of this. (the modern world mod itself just contains the satellite mod)
Were you using 7.2.2? or was this 7.21? (steam didn't get 7.2.2 til like yesterday)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Fistalis wrote:Techs and units go all the way to the end of SR2020.. lol. I guess you felt Sr2020 needed more techs to?
As to sat mod causing Lock ups I've not seen this nor had reports of this. (the modern world mod itself just contains the satellite mod)
Were you using 7.2.2? or was this 7.21? (steam didn't get 7.2.2 til like yesterday)
Its weird because actually I never had a problem with the number of techs in 2020, I always thought there was a more than adequate amount. However now that SR:CW has given me more.... Well now I just can't get enough of them ;) somehow the length of the tech tree has become a major issue with me... I suppose I just like begin able to push to race a little bit ahead of the other nations and the longer the tech tree the more I can do this.

As to the version, yes I was on 7.2.1 and for some reason didn't for a second consider this to be the issue, how very short sighted of me! Ahh well I shall reinstall the mod methinks! And thank you for pointing that out good sir!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”