Combat and Tactics

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jopo
Captain
Human: Yes

Combat and Tactics

Post by Jopo »

OK, my view on the game is that it is very much focused on the TECHNICAL side of combat, you get new units as new weapons come available etc., but where is the TACTICAL element of combat?

A units combat values such as soft attack and hard attack are not defined solely by the caliber of their guns, but also how they use them and that is where tactics comes in. In the default tech tree there are no techs labeled TACTICS. I´m designing a new tech tree where tactics are some of the things you research and they give your units bonuses in the field. NOTE that the moving of units on the map is not tactics, that´s strategy, the player has no control over individual soldiers or infantry squads and how they fight. The player only controls the combat on a higher level sending units into combat and watching from above as they fight.

Here are a few examples of techs that I´ve come up with:

*Tactics: Human Wave Assault: Assault in massive human waves, costly in casualties, but high shock value. Overwhelms the defenses with sheer numbers.

*Tactics: Infiltration Assault: More advanced way of assaulting with less casualties and a higher chance of a breakthrough.

We need combat effects to simulate different tactical situations, such as ambush, breakthrough, tactical retreat etc. etc. and techs to influence the chance of those events happening. In Hearts or Iron 3 they already have combat events, when will we have them in SRCW?

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”