Naming Facilities

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jopo
Captain
Human: Yes

Naming Facilities

Post by Jopo »

Ok, I´d like to have the option of naming the facility complexes I build on the map in game, so they will have real names instead of just a coordinate value.

For example you could make it possible to found new towns in less developed areas and in time those towns will grow to cities etc.
number47
General

Re: Naming Facilities

Post by number47 »

Don't hold your breath for that one :lol: The same thing was asked for SR 2020 and the answer was always in the region of "it is not a priority for this update", " there are more important things to fix/implement in the next update" (which was always kind of true to be honest) so after update 8 it ended without that option but maybe we will have more luck with SRCW :wink:

(keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't end like SR 2020 :D )
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Could some of the devs throw us a bone on this? If it is a definitive "yes, it will be included in update 2" then don't say anything :D :D :D :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not currently in the short term plans.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Tbh this vprobably will be in a much much later update if at all, as it isn't the most important thing. Its a pretty thing, not a functional thing, it wont make the game run better so don't plan on seeing it anytime soon.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
number47
General

Post by number47 »

8) damn that was quick :D :D :D
I expected as much as I wasn't serious about it but is it even plausible to expect this ever happening in the future? Considering this idea dates from SR2020... (I'm too lazy to look around the forum for actual year when it first appeared but it seems a long time ago :D )

p.s. thanks for the quick response
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

it'll happen at some point, but more then likely when all the major bugs are sorted and they have some spare time on their hands.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SGTscuba wrote:Tbh this vprobably will be in a much much later update if at all, as it isn't the most important thing. Its a pretty thing, not a functional thing, it wont make the game run better so don't plan on seeing it anytime soon.
This, its one of those things you look at and say ya that would be nice but what does it actually add to gameplay?
hint: 1-1=?

but it wouldn't surprise me if they added it.. unit naming made it in.. even though its not working right now :lol:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

SGTscuba wrote:Tbh this vprobably will be in a much much later update if at all, as it isn't the most important thing. Its a pretty thing, not a functional thing, it wont make the game run better so don't plan on seeing it anytime soon.
I can agree it is not the most important thing and it won't make the game run better (which is my priority too) but I definitely don't agree with the underlined section of your post. It is difficult to navigate fabrication facilities when they are in coordinates instead of any sort of names...
Again, I know this is just a bump that can easily be worked around by number of ways (listing them makes no point), I'm just saying it would be functional :wink:
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Here is why we need it...

I WANT MY OWN AREA 51 FOR "DEFENSE" RESEARCH!

End of!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

I was impressed with the detail regarding the accurate naming of Canadian Forces bases but there were a few notable US omissions, namely Barksdale and Loring AFBs.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

There's still a few CFB bases missing, but they pretty much got them all. And I would also like to see the ability to name/re-name bases.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”