wasted Resources

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SoB
Brigadier Gen.

wasted Resources

Post by SoB »

Is it me or are leg units lazy. I am playing has the USSR and I gifted north Vietnam more than 50 leg units and other units. They had no trouble moving towed artillery around but I did not give them a lot of them so they where destroyed. But if they just moved there leg units they would destroy NATO in the jungle and urban battles.

Air power. I have seen some great use of aircrafts in the close air support role but it is to few. The ai needs to conduct deep penetration strikes. Air defense strikes and bombing. Other wise it is a waist for them to build aircraft.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
SGTscuba
General

Re: wasted Resources

Post by SGTscuba »

Someone mentioned that you can get the AI to be a bit more active with those units by changing the AI params and the chance of a unit being selected to attack.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

SGTscuba wrote:Someone mentioned that you can get the AI to be a bit more active with those units by changing the AI params and the chance of a unit being selected to attack.
yes.. you can see an example of this in my modern world Mod. It includes a custom AI params file. Mine simply makes the AI use foot soldiers and its Airforce more actively. You could copy it from the MW folder into the main INI folder to have the same AI in all games if you like.(the cold war apocalypse mod has a modified AI params file which overwrites your original.. but i think it has some questionable changes to naval units personally so I can't suggest it)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Thanks I will download your mod tomorrow night and test it. Just two questions about your mod.

One what will happen to the mod when I update the game.

Two what file must I copy.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

SoB wrote:Thanks I will download your mod tomorrow night and test it. Just two questions about your mod.

One what will happen to the mod when I update the game.

Two what file must I copy.
1. Nothing.. My mod is all custom files. Other than the satellite menus.

2. AI params.ini File (this might get overwritten during an update if you copy my file into the default file .INI Also i suggest backing up the original in case you don't like my changes if your going to do that.) You only need to copy this if you want my AI changes in the default campaign or other mods. Its set up to only take effect in my mod by default.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”